Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v11.3 - for UAD v1.5.1.5

o Barão

12 hours ago, Liondrome said:

Dreadnought V 22,700t - 31,500t using the von_der_tan_hull_b_long2 hull

It seems that there has been a mix up with the hulls.

Yes there is. That is supposed to be the Revenge Class. What the hell is doing that hull there?  Going to be fixed. Thank you!

8CAK7dy.png

7 hours ago, CenturionsofRome said:

Could you lower the unrest penalty for a successful land invasion please? Without anyway to reliably lower unrest it feels like you are being punished for succeeding.

I don't have any modifier to edit related to that.

Y5HnAj7.jpeg

"Pinguin"

Sadly, I can't make it work. I can enable the auxiliary cruisers class, and design the ships but will crash when I enter a custom battle.

I can maybe make it work as a light cruiser, but that would allow the AI to build them for the campaign. Not a good option.

Oh well...😒

• Like 3

its a pity, i would have loved to build my own transports.

Like, maybe starting with ships that went 8  knots, no weapon and 2000 tons of cargo, and slowly evolving them to ships that goes 20-22 knots, 4-5 " guns and 10k tons of cargo, where you would need to balance weaponry, speed and cargo capacity.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, flaviohc16 said:

its a pity, i would have loved to build my own transports.

Like, maybe starting with ships that went 8  knots, no weapon and 2000 tons of cargo, and slowly evolving them to ships that goes 20-22 knots, 4-5 " guns and 10k tons of cargo, where you would need to balance weaponry, speed and cargo capacity.

These are not transports.

udwXSsN.jpeg

It is a hidden ship class in the game files. Something that was considered at some point from the devs to add to the game.

Note: "Ultimate General: American revolution" got a major update, so don't expect anything from me the in the next days.

Edited by o Barão

Can you check if you find some clues in player.log (in the games AppData folder) why it does crash? It could pinpoint to the file/line maybe.

Alternative you could try with the Ironclad class instead, maybe that one is more complete.

Edited by Astor

39 minutes ago, Astor said:

Can you check if you find some clues in player.log (in the games AppData folder) why it does crash? It could pinpoint to the file/line maybe.

Alternative you could try with the Ironclad class instead, maybe that one is more complete.

I checked, but I failed to understand why. Also, the AI can't autodesign this ships, atm. The log mentions something is missing from the "randParts" file and that one is chinese for me. I never understood how it works.

2 hours ago, PalaiologosTheGreat said:

I'm curious, how bad are the non-arcade hit percentages?

Well, if you are using the arcade version, the other version will be x3 worse.

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

@MDHansen help me out. In the custom battles menu and the campaign map, the game does not read the Portugal flag. How did you solve that issue?

sadly, this is the one thing I can not figure out 😑 some time ago, I dug through the complete resources.asset file and found the major nations flags (you can actually just search for them), but I am not capable of adding a new in to the file.

Have you got your nation running fine? do you have proper "home" territories? I see you have the same issue as me. I believe this is because afaik, the devs have to add more proper home territories, and so far, only the major nations have them.

I also think that the flag not showing up on the campaign map, is linked to not having home territories.

Edited by MDHansen

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, MDHansen said:

but I am not capable of adding a new in to the file...

But the strange part, all minors have a flag, only when we promote to a major they will lose it. Somewhere must be something that we are missing, but I am afraid that can be inside the game code and not available for us.🤔

Edit: Ok, I see the issue. There are the country flags and the government flags, which are exclusive for the majors. Hum...

I edited the home provinces, but I need to check it again in detail if there is something missing.

Edited by o Barão

10 hours ago, PalaiologosTheGreat said:

I'm curious, how bad are the non-arcade hit percentages?

true realism might still be fun late era with very stable ships and radar assisted fire control, but it sure isn't earlier than that. this is what i was getting.

On 4/6/2024 at 7:44 PM, Fangoriously said:

Well, I've been filtered. Oh man is accuracy terrible now in my 1913 campaign, after a capital ship has all but depleted its magazines, its has a 1.3-1.9% hit rate to show for it. 

7 hours ago, o Barão said:

I edited the home provinces, but I need to check it again in detail if there is something missing.

When I tried to promote colonial provinces to home provinces, the game just turned them back to colonies (or what ever they should be called). Frustrating, but it seems like the province status is hardcoded somewhere. Hope you or someone else finds a way around it or devs release this for modding.

• Like 1

Just now, HMS Implosive said:

...Hope you or someone else finds a way around it or devs release this for modding.

This would be nice also for other purposes, like making the actual home provinces fit the corresponding nation better. For example, Northern Alaska is home province but Souther Alaska is not. Isn't that a bit odd?😁

7 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

Well, I've been filtered. Oh man is accuracy terrible now in my 1913 campaign, after a capital ship has all but depleted its magazines, its has a 1.3-1.9% hit rate to show for it. 

If we are talking about capital ships, it is normal to get values much higher than this around 1910. Maybe 15% at 8km. Something like that.

@NathanKell time to call the heavy cavalry. I need your help.

I am trying to change minor nations to become playable, but I step on to a problem. Likewise, I supposed that you might have the knowledge to come with a solution for this.

xvY9b3X.png

As you can see here in this image, all major nations have a flag pack for all the different governments and also the "country". Minors, as you can see below, the Brazil example only have one. I need to learn how it is possible to add the flags missing for any minor nation.

q3edEsz.png

The string path mentions other file. I supposed this is important.

Thanks in advance!

YES!!! IVE DONE IT!!!!!!!! @o Barão

ive fakkin done it!!

I dont have the nation flag on the country, but home population, crew, nation window to the right, all works!

so. technically ive done it. but i replaced china. i shouldve opened with that. but its a workaround for now. ill dig deeper. Hopefully NathanKell can enlighten us more

my point really was that it is the flags that needed to be done correctly for our nation-mod to work

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MDHansen said:

Time to open the champagne 🥂 ?

I was almost sure it was the flags missing that was causing the issue, but I still need the solution. 

Teach me how to use the force, master Yoda! 😁

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, o Barão said:

If you can do that, can you finally fix the longstanding issue where the Chinese colonies France and Germany have are classed as home territories and not colonial ones?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SpardaSon21 said:

If you can do that, can you finally fix the longstanding issue where the Chinese colonies France and Germany have are classed as home territories and not colonial ones?

Done! 👍

6 hours ago, PalaiologosTheGreat said:

Could you make it so that CAs and BCs can have a bit more armour? Like maybe another 2".

If I can? Ofc.

If I will do that? Ofc not.

• Thanks 1