Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v11.2 - for UAD v1.5.1.3

o Barão

6 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

This was checked on custom battle, and at the time I didn't have a single 1940 Japanese design stored anywere at all, last time i deleted my saves was update befor last. This wasn't on your new hull, but the flat top large cruiser.

Yes, I am talking about the flat top large cruiser.

MRX1952.jpg

I only have one set of modern tower. II & I

6 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

I've seen the ai put smallish main guns on extra large barbets plenty of times, I don't think there's a limit there. There would limitations on what you could put on smaller barbetts scaled up unfortunetly.

Well yes, you will see that, but there are limitations inside the game engine to help the AI to build the ships. About the Gigantic barbette as I mentioned previous.

zIpIgqk.jpg

You can't place any 15" or lower caliber gun. Notice there is no point to lock the turret on the barbette. You can try this on custom battles. And that is the issue. I would like to have a small version of this barbette, and I can create a new smaller version, but will still only work for 16" or bigger calibers.

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

Yes, I am talking about the flat top large cruiser.

MRX1952.jpg

I only have one set of modern tower. II & I

After your latest update, thats what i'm seeing now too.

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

Well yes, you will see that, but there are limitations inside the game engine to help the AI to build the ships. About the Gigantic barbette as I mentioned previous.

zIpIgqk.jpg

You can't place any 15" or lower caliber gun. Notice there is no point to lock the turret on the barbette. You can try this on custom battles. And that is the issue. I would like to have a small version of this barbette, and I can create a new smaller version, but will still only work for 16" or bigger calibers.

The super tall thats even larger than that, you can put as small as 14in on it, but thats because its a 'big' superimposed barbette scaled up by the devs, bringing with it the range of guns you can put on the original. Its a nice thought, tinkering with barrette scale, but probably only worth doing if you find a way to edit what can be placed on what.

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. Alpha build 0.9.4.3 - for UAD v1.3.9.4

Just spotted a minor bug relating to Austrian 15'' guns. The single and triple mounts of the Mark 4 turrets are the 15/54 version, whereas the double mounts are the 15/45 versions.

Edit: Actually looks like it affects all Marks of Austrian 15". The double mounts are all shorter barrel lengths.

Edited by Coheed
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coheed said:

Just spotted a minor bug relating to Austrian 15'' guns. The single and triple mounts of the Mark 4 turrets are the 15/54 version, whereas the double mounts are the 15/45 versions.

Edit: Actually looks like it affects all Marks of Austrian 15". The double mounts are all shorter barrel lengths.

Thanks!

Mod updated:

- Fixed Austrian 15" double barrels issue.

- Replaced the German 12" Mk2 gun model.

Mod description updated with all the changes from the previous weeks. Now the mod description will only be available from the link in PDF.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iMPmebM8xoULdg5TuTmx7bnhGqNrImH5/view?usp=drive_link

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know this mod can't directly impact this, but it would be awesome if we could keep the Turret "bustle and shell" as we upgrade the technology.

EG how the Royal Navy 15" turrets are the same basic mark from pre World War I when they first entered production, right up until Vanguards scrapping...  But at the point Vanguard was scrapped it was a completely different beast performance wise (better barrels, better interal linkages etc and a greater arc of fire...)  

It would solve a lot of problems (but would require "Groups" of Art assets I guess so more work for the artists

So POTENTIAL BUG...   Playing as Japan starting in a 1910 career...   it is 1914,   Each year from 1910 I have had the "Country X is a terrorist" event,   Every time I select YES Nothing happens...   In every case it has bee Thailand

9 hours ago, Pappystein said:

So POTENTIAL BUG...   Playing as Japan starting in a 1910 career...   it is 1914,   Each year from 1910 I have had the "Country X is a terrorist" event,   Every time I select YES Nothing happens...   In every case it has bee Thailand

I increased the chance to have the event to invade another country in the mod, but I have no idea why is not working for you. Can be a stock game bug.

Hi, not sure if it's a bug with the removal of smoke, but I've been getting the occasional invisible/ghost ship in battle. For all purposes it's there to shoot at, just the ship model is not appearing, which you can imagine makes it hard to anticipate the inevitable torpedo barrage with this cloak tech.406470310_ghostship.thumb.png.79c721c3ba481febcdc7670cf65c5e90.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McWeaksauce said:

Hi, not sure if it's a bug with the removal of smoke, but I've been getting the occasional invisible/ghost ship in battle. For all purposes it's there to shoot at, just the ship model is not appearing, which you can imagine makes it hard to anticipate the inevitable torpedo barrage with this cloak tech.406470310_ghostship.thumb.png.79c721c3ba481febcdc7670cf65c5e90.png

It seems to be related to the new mechanic implemented by the devs a few weeks ago. A mechanic to reveal ships that are firing outside the spotting range. In stock game the chance is only 5%, where in N.A.R. is 100%. I am guessing here. Need to run some tests.

7 hours ago, o Barão said:

It seems to be related to the new mechanic implemented by the devs a few weeks ago. A mechanic to reveal ships that are firing outside the spotting range. In stock game the chance is only 5%, where in N.A.R. is 100%. I am guessing here. Need to run some tests.

I have seen that bug in Stock game before I introduced NAR to the game.    ONCE.

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. Alpha build 0.9.4.4 - for UAD v1.3.9.5

This is the most fun I've had with the game for a while. You've fixed a lot of the issues I had with ship parts scaling, especially with late tech cruisers for Britain and France and a lack of variety for other nations.

I'm getting the invisible ship issue as well but I assumed it was because my ships were targeting at muzzle flashes and couldn't see the ship itself.

Just one issue: it looks like the Horizons II Reshade is missing pd80_example-lut.png under textures. I ended up downloading it from elsewhere but it will need to be added to your reshade pack. 

Edited by dariusbei
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

mk3 German 3in triple looks like a single turret.

Thanks! I uploaded a fix already. 👍

8 hours ago, dariusbei said:

I'm getting the invisible ship issue as well but I assumed it was because my ships were targeting at muzzle flashes and couldn't see the ship itself.

I also got that, but I still don't know the cause of that situation to happen. I had a custom battle with 2 ships that were a few kms away. One was visible, and the other remain invisible for a short period. Strange.

8 hours ago, dariusbei said:

Just one issue: it looks like the Horizons II Reshade is missing pd80_example-lut.png under textures. I ended up downloading it from elsewhere but it will need to be added to your reshade pack. 

I have that texture on my pc. Maybe I got it from the newest reshade version, and I wasn't aware it was missing in the cloud. Thanks, I will update the reshade! 👍

Edited by o Barão

Just now, Käptn_Flitschauge said:

I even encountered a stealth BB. Probably some alien tech, or something

I have a feeling it has to do with "optics" and some math error their within.  As soon as I got a 90 degree bearing change on the angle between them and the sun they were all visible.    Which has been my typical experience with stealth Ships in this game.   Just was posting for the memes at this point...  

NAR has really revitalized my playing of the game and didn't want to post this in main channels because I am utilizing NAR.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CenturionsofRome said:

@o BarãoIs there anything you can do to make naval invasions more reliably successful? It is incredibly annoying to wait six to eight turns only to auto-fail the invasion for no discernable reason. Same with military conflicts.

At the very least, could you reduce the unrest penalty for failure?

No. I don't have access to those modifiers.

Would it be possible to upscale the modern destroyer main and secondary towers and make them fit on a modern light cruiser I hull? It'll give more tower options other than "scaled down Italian battleship towers" for that hull and it'll let me create a HMS Leander type cruiser which I've been wanting to do since the beginning.

I can kinda do this with the destroyer hull but it'll be nice to have the full sized version with the 6" guns and 21" torpedoes.

leander.jpg

3 hours ago, dariusbei said:

...and it'll let me create a HMS Leander type cruiser which I've been wanting to do since the beginning.

Wait for the UAD 1.4 update. The devs will add interwar cruisers. Only then I will know what I can do. It is pointless to add towers now, when we can have better options in the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

0.9.4.5 N.A.R. changelog:

• Updated to UAD 1.3.9.6r
  • Long range accuracy stats rebalanced.
  • Tech radar years to unlock small changes.
  • Testing custom refit time values.
On 7/16/2023 at 1:29 PM, Pappystein said:

Rka1jQH.png

Yep Stealth Enemy Cruisers in 1910....    I don't even have Radar Tech yet so why are they so stealthy?  :P

OMG, wtf is that? 😮

Edited by o Barão