Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

3 hours ago, Suribachi said:

I want to make sure this is not a one off issue with my very old and slow computer.  Is anyone else running into frame rate issues in battle when your original division is selected?

Steps to Replicate:
Enter a battle with at least 2 divisions (In my case, it was 4 BBs and 4 CLs in two divisions).  The ship that the camera is fixated on when the battle starts is the "default task force flagship".  When enemy is encountered and the shooting begins, select your "default task force flagship" division and order them to attack a target.  Observe frame rate drop.  Now select the other division, the one that the camera was not focused on when the battle loaded.  Observe that the frame rate has now increased.

I also reported this in game.

EDIT:  This is what I mean by old and slow computer so you have something to compare against.

CPU: i7-4790k
RAM:  32GB 1866MHz DDR3
GPU: 980 ti stock speeds

SSD install

Can confirm this situation aswell

My rig for comparison

i9-13900kf

rtx4090

64gb DDR5-4400

Samsung 980pro m.2 nvme (steam)

Samsung 980pro m.2 nvme (win11)

*Update 12*
- Continuous fixes on the formation movement lines. The jitter you previously noticed, which was an old bug, should be now fixed, even in fast forward game speed.
- Various campaign bug fixes.
- Fixed bug of shared designs which did not allow consistently all hulls to be built according to year.
- Balanced the maximum army conscription of Major Nations.
- Map pathfinding issues fixed.
- Fixed old bug not calculating in UI correctly the monthly costs for submarines and ships.
- Fixed too large shipyard limit for Italy.
- Various other fixes.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

• Like 6

Just now, The PC Collector said:

Until major nation dissolving/reforming gamebreaking bug breaks your campaign. I see no reference made to that being solved or even attempted to solve...

There should be fixes, but we are not sure if they are definite. Tomorrow we will fix more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The PC Collector said:

Until major nation dissolving/reforming gamebreaking bug breaks your campaign. I see no reference made to that being solved or even attempted to solve...

this is true. took some time (update11) before I ran in to them, even if a fwe nations had disolved a decade earlier

26 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Fixed old bug not calculating in UI correctly the monthly costs for submarines and ships.

It turns out that the construction of submarines cost money, but it just wasn't displayed in the interface? I couldn't even think about it, usually the numbers in the interface work fine.

@Nick Thomadis It seems I found the reason for long shadows disappearing from the game. Correct me if I am wrong.

0NMHxsE.jpg

No long shadows in game anymore.

vpj6un1.jpg

This happens after I selected the High quality option. (shadow details)

If there is none option selected, the shadows will work at long distances.

The problem now is to revert to default option. I will need to search for a config file. 😒

UPDATE

edit config file in: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

fpy5njn.png

I set "shadowsDetails":null

The game will revert to 4 after is launched. But doesn't matter anymore.

bTEZJHX.jpg

Now long shadows are working again!!B)

OUNI2sd.jpg

And the shadow details option is disabled in game.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*Update 12*
- Continuous fixes on the formation movement lines. The jitter you previously noticed, which was an old bug, should be now fixed, even in fast forward game speed.
- Various campaign bug fixes.
- Fixed bug of shared designs which did not allow consistently all hulls to be built according to year.
- Balanced the maximum army conscription of Major Nations.
- Map pathfinding issues fixed.
- Fixed too large shipyard limit for Italy.
- Various other fixes.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

As someone playing an Italy campaign, I strongly disagree with fixing the shipyard size issue :)

You folks have been busy this week. It's noticable, still kinks to work out but I can see a little bit of polish each time I fire it up.

1 hour ago, lordcmdr said:

Greetings fellow Strix Rog Advantage laptop owner! I just bought mine.

Yo. Great laptop and absolute steal of a price if you got it on one of the good sales on them recently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admiralsnackbar said:

Well the extra displacement comes from construction errors so it's not a surprise that the game wouldn't credit your ships for having errors. 

TBH it would make more sense to rate fleets by firepower [from guns] than by displacement. 

The problem is that the actual displacement was previously (1.09.3) considered. I can't say when we lost this feature because of all these various bugs. But maybe it's also a problem with the interface.

UPD: It looks like a rabbit hole. 2450+2491 = 4941, but displayed 4904...

000213.jpg

10 minutes ago, o Barão said:

@Nick Thomadis It seems I found the reason for long shadows disappearing from the game. Correct me if I am wrong.

0NMHxsE.jpg

No long shadows in game anymore.

vpj6un1.jpg

This happens after I selected the High quality option. (shadow details)

If there is none option selected, the shadows will work at long distances.

The problem now is to revert to default option. I will need to search for a config file. 😒

Can you delete the settings file? It is in the saves folder of the game. The launch the game  to regenerate the default, hope this will fix it.

Just now, Nick Thomadis said:

Can you delete the settings file? It is in the saves folder of the game. The launch the game  to regenerate the default, hope this will fix it.

I already found the solution. I updated my previous post with the details.

28 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

Oh, I'm not blaming you. I'm just relieving some frustration as I'm reluctant to pour another three days into a campaign for it to explode like mine did.

Lots of saves save the day.

I downloaded the campaign's save before the French resistance blew it up and now the game does not hang on the research of revived France.

Seems the update sent every ship in the world back to port.  (Except strangely for one German torpedo boat.)
Though not the correct ports, as ships I dispatched from the US West Coast are now in ports on the East Coast.

Be interesting to see if anything else comes of this.

Just now, Silas Kruge said:

I seem to have lost contact with all my ships and submarines I sent to sea. As did the rest of the world. No icons for fleets appearing on map anymore.

I am having a similar issue, including ships I sent to other ports.

Actually I was wrong, it was just my newly built ships in the fleet that were in port.
EVERY OTHER SHIP IS GONE!
My ships.  Other nation's ships.
Those ships still show on my ships list, but they're not on the map anywhere.  It also seems they're having no gameplay effect since those that were parked in invasions would still be invading if they were just not visible.
So yeah, guess this save is screwed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kothra said:

This is an issue I have run into. Usually I can fix it if I click the "High" preset for graphics then fix any of the additional settings that might get changed (anti-aliasing etc).

Thanks for the tip. I was using custom settings. With all max, but didn't matter. When I changed to ultra now I get better LOD for the casemates. Strange issue.

• Like 1