Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.09+ Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

<BUG>

Interger (or float) underflow. This thing just covered 6.8 km in less than two second. I didn't use time speed boost during Doombattles like this BTW.

20221120193857_1.thumb.jpg.64a3af07c5a15e8096ae93ec7a9640cf.jpg

Also not sure if someone report it yet but my Doombattle crashings seems to be right after I sink something but it always later in the fight. I suspect the number of divisions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DableUTeeF said:

<BUG>

Interger (or float) underflow. This thing just covered 6.8 km in less than two second. I didn't use time speed boost during Doombattles like this BTW.

20221120193857_1.thumb.jpg.64a3af07c5a15e8096ae93ec7a9640cf.jpg

Also not sure if someone report it yet but my Doombattle crashings seems to be right after I sink something but it always later in the fight. I suspect the number of divisions.

seen this bug my self a few times so many times i wish they never released this update

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ribba said:

I don't need this to be a realistic diplomatic simulator, but I do want to have some control with who I'm gonna fight and who I don't want to fight. So some diplomatic options would need to be implemented in the game for me to be really happy with this game.

And then, to make the game more immersive, the narrative has to feel plausible. So you do not necessarily have to change much to the game mechanic to make a story feel more realistic, you can do it you formulate yourself. 

For instance, when a ship has too many casualties, they surrender. Nothing wrong with that, but in the cases that they do surrender and the enemy is 30 seconds having their last ship being sunk, the story suddenly feels unrealistic. But if you phrase the sentence  to that your captain order the crew to abandon the ship due to massive losses and damage to the ship, the story suddenly is much more plausible again. And you do that without changing any game mechanic. 

So I would be satisficed having a light hearted in the game, but the narrative have to be well written. And all options for the player don't necessarily have to be an option for the AI. For instance, false flag operations for an AI is not something I feel should be implemented in the game, since it would probably give the player a less feel of control of the game if friendly nations suddenly launch a false flag operation against you.

Edit:
Also, if another nation do want to go to war against me against my wishes, I want it feel that it's plausible and that there is an agenda behind it to why they are doing it. I don't want them to go to war just because the are angry at me. So if an enemy are going for long lasting war, they should have an agenda for why they entered this war. If the only went to war because of high tension, a peace treaty should be rather easy to get, especially if they are democratic countries.

Sorry if the reply look like a dick previously (lose some hair after Doombattle crashes). What I meant was, if the mechanic will be enjoyable it doesn't matter how realistic it is. More specifically, the excuses like "we are admirals not politician". There's practically nothing wrong in giving us the full control of the country up to and including the economy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UncleAi said:

I think in diplomatic system should have:

1. Declare war. If you don't have navy advantage or you want to declare war to a friendly country, you need to use Naval Prestige to persuade your government. 

2. Improve relation. Use money to improve relation to another county. Eventually can make ally.

3. Port access. You can use their port to resupply or fix.

4. Tech communication. Accelerate your research or even buy tech.

5. Spy. Get intel like design or deployment. Steal tech.

6. Insult. Worsen your relation.

7. Peace agreement. Except current province, ship and money term. We need a 3 or 5 year armistice. Who break it will face severe prestige and unrest cost.

I like the ideas here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DableUTeeF said:

Sorry if the reply look like a dick previously (lose some hair after Doombattle crashes). What I meant was, if the mechanic will be enjoyable it doesn't matter how realistic it is. More specifically, the excuses like "we are admirals not politician". There's practically nothing wrong in giving us the full control of the country up to and including the economy.

You're right, it's nothing wrong about giving the player complete control of the country. But being the head of the admiralty fits the narrative of this game a lot better then the player being the head of state. Because this may explain a lot of things that this game doesn't have implemented. Things that aren't implemented by intention since this is not a grand strategy game in the style of Paradox's titles where you actually control the country/empire of your choosing.

So it gives a more immersive experience if narrative of the game is closely linked towards the game mechanics of the game. 

• Like 1

The game freezes forever on BB Helgoland. Yes, this is another battle with doomstack. Now my favorite ship is Kamchatka and Helgoland.

2022-11-20-23-37-09.png

Edit: Ah, of course, auto-resolve constantly gives the same result. A complete rout of my fleet. Of course, of course. My similar forces have just removed the French fleet without loss. And the German fleet is worse. I have a radar, they just have a lot of practical targets. But I'm losing ships. 

Edit2: And of course, there is death spiral. My TF every turn has a fight with the opponent, but I can't fight in it because it freezes on Helgoland. I just don't understand WHY this is happening.

WHY my fleet with a repair order "low"  immediately returned to the base after the battle with the French and WHY this fleet remained in place after receiving heavy damage.

And WHY I can't retreat? SOME of their destroyers have a speed of 31.9. All my ships have at least 32 knots. Most of their fleet are turtles. But I can't retreat.

It really pisses me off, I hate losing ships. And now I'm losing more than 20 ships for nothing. Perhaps it's time for a break.

Edited by Lima
Kamchatka ХХХ Helgoland.
  • Like 1

So, today, playing with the french campaign in 1914 and I found a game breaking bug

I was with one very advanced CA against two enemy CLs and several transport ships. 

Of course this battle is an easy win right? Well, not if your main guns refuse to fire

So what happened? Spotted one of the enemy CL. Clicked on it, my main turrets rotated (two main turrets-->one front, one aft) and they fired. Okey...but did they fired again? No, only after waiting several minutes, then the guns fired again. Again, waiting several in game minutes the front turret fired. And the same pattern repeated. The basic reload time of my guns were 29 seconds. The target was within 3 km, and the guns waited so long before firing that the enemy CL easily burnt half of my ship down. I even had to retreat. 

And now the interesting part! When I switched target the guns fired. But after one shot they did not shoot again. I tested this issue many times in this battle switching between the targets (I thought maybe I can fix this issue that way), I even switched to AI. But no, non of these worked. 

Conclusion: I can't play a battle with confidence because what if this bug will occur again? Fighting without effective main guns is just "bringing a sword into a gun fight". 

[Also the crew of my ship was trained, the main guns had custom caliber (240mm)]

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

So, today, playing with the french campaign in 1914 and I found a game breaking bug

I was with one very advanced CA against two enemy CLs and several transport ships. 

Of course this battle is an easy win right? Well, not if your main guns refuse to fire

So what happened? Spotted one of the enemy CL. Clicked on it, my main turrets rotated (two main turrets-->one front, one aft) and they fired. Okey...but did they fired again? No, only after waiting several minutes, then the guns fired again. Again, waiting several in game minutes the front turret fired. And the same pattern repeated. The basic reload time of my guns were 29 seconds. The target was within 3 km, and the guns waited so long before firing that the enemy CL easily burnt half of my ship down. I even had to retreat. 

And now the interesting part! When I switched target the guns fired. But after one shot they did not shoot again. I tested this issue many times in this battle switching between the targets (I thought maybe I can fix this issue that way), I even switched to AI. But no, non of these worked. 

Conclusion: I can't play a battle with confidence because what if this bug will occur again? Fighting without effective main guns is just "bringing a sword into a gun fight". 

[Also the crew of my ship was trained, the main guns had custom caliber (240mm)]

Related to too many and/or obscured secondaries. If you turn off secondaries all mains will work just fine.

A bug reported in 1.08 but Dev’s have shutdown on this, indicating it’s some kind of intentional mechanic.  

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

Related to too many and/or obscured secondaries. If you turn off secondaries all mains will work just fine.

A bug reported in 1.08 but Dev’s have shutdown on this, indicating it’s some kind of intentional mechanic.  

Oh I see. I did not know about this. Actually this is a cool and realistic feature. 

However, the game should notify me if my design has these problems. Because I always check if my design is all right, so no guns are blocking eachother. Also the yellow "some guns have poor range of fire" (or something like this) did not appeare when I designed my heavy cruiser (this is why I thought everything is fine). 

So in the designer there should be some message if my design have this problem. Because this problem comes with serious consequences (in my case I have to refit 10+ CAs, because if one of my cruiser have this problem from the class, all have it, and this won't be cheap) 

6 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

How in earth do you expect them to work on the game without electricity?? I'm afraid there will be no update for a long time.

kyiv is not without power. their is the occasional power supply loss. i have bedn following the war cloesely sadly but also luckily kyiv is one of the better off areas in terms of power availability currently

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

Oh I see. I did not know about this. Actually this is a cool and realistic feature. 

No sorry. this is not a realistic feature, at least not the way it is right now, that's clearly a bug. iI have tested this in normal battle, 1930 using a britt cruiser vs a punching bag something that can take hits. There are some guns that can be used tougether and some that can't. For example, if i put 50 and 70mm guns on the ships, then any 127,150, 177, 200,220mm guns will NOT fire, only the 250, 270+, that's why bb-s usually work with them. And that's why it's very hard to make good dds, cls, ca-s.

In dds you are forced to only use 1 type of gun. (50 and 70mm guns will work tougether, but 50 with 100+ or 70 with 100+ will not)  

In a Cl, if you are putting 50/70mm secundaries on your ship, then only the 100mm main guns will work. 127 and anything bigger will not fire normally.

On CA you have 2 choices: either you can put 50/70mm secundaries, but then you need to use 250+ main guns, or you dont use anything smaller than a  127mm, this way you can put any sized main guns on them i belive. 

In some way this bug also applies to bbs: for example let's say you want to use 70mm and 150mm 200mm secundaries, 350mm mains. Only the 70 and 350mm guns will be usefull, the 150 and 200mm secundaries will be dead weight. 

So no, seeing this, this is not a feature. This was in the game before the shell splash thing was in. And considering how the devs see our 40+ reports about this, and not saying a world, i'm pretty sure they think that maybe the ship can't see the tartget / guns turned off / guns have no ammo / enemy ship going too fast / the stars are not aligned / the testers are blind / i have no idea what other excuse they have for this, but they are not beliving us.... So the only thing we can do is to adapt to this bug. 

I hope i wasn't too rude in the last part.....it's just my fustration, because i love the game, very very much, and it makes me sad that this limits my designs...especially that i had to learn all this in campaign the hard way.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Lastreaumont said:

Sorry, I was too unprecize (I wanted to do it short). I didn't talk about the problem you mentionned with the 1/12th scale B29 that need an internal structure with very different capabilities compared to the one of its big brother at scale 1. I was focused only on the aerodynamic form of the plane, that can be less efficient if scaled too far away from its original size. This is a question of turbulences size according too plane parts sizes if I remember correctly. Sadly I din't remember the source and didn't find it again. Sorry. 
Starting from this, I assumed that if it can append into fluid dynamics in air, it can also append into fluid dynamics in water. But maybe I'm wrong. 

no you are exactly correct.   That was what I was trying to say :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PainKiller said:

No sorry. this is not a realistic feature, at least not the way it is right now, that's clearly a bug. iI have tested this in normal battle, 1930 using a britt cruiser vs a punching bag something that can take hits. There are some guns that can be used tougether and some that can't. For example, if i put 50 and 70mm guns on the ships, then any 127,150, 177, 200,220mm guns will NOT fire, only the 250, 270+, that's why bb-s usually work with them. And that's why it's very hard to make good dds, cls, ca-s.

In dds you are forced to only use 1 type of gun. (50 and 70mm guns will work tougether, but 50 with 100+ or 70 with 100+ will not)  

In a Cl, if you are putting 50/70mm secundaries on your ship, then only the 100mm main guns will work. 127 and anything bigger will not fire normally.

On CA you have 2 choices: either you can put 50/70mm secundaries, but then you need to use 250+ main guns, or you dont use anything smaller than a  127mm, this way you can put any sized main guns on them i belive. 

In some way this bug also applies to bbs: for example let's say you want to use 70mm and 150mm 200mm secundaries, 350mm mains. Only the 70 and 350mm guns will be usefull, the 150 and 200mm secundaries will be dead weight. 

So no, seeing this, this is not a feature. This was in the game before the shell splash thing was in. And considering how the devs see our 40+ reports about this, and not saying a world, i'm pretty sure they think that maybe the ship can't see the tartget / guns turned off / guns have no ammo / enemy ship going too fast / the stars are not aligned / the testers are blind / i have no idea what other excuse they have for this, but they are not beliving us.... So the only thing we can do is to adapt to this bug. 

I hope i wasn't too rude in the last part.....it's just my fustration, because i love the game, very very much, and it makes me sad that this limits my designs...especially that i had to learn all this in campaign the hard way.

The. What. You know, it's like you've revealed an ancient forbidden knowledge to me.

The fact is that I very often use 203mm on CA and often with 51mm. Guns of the main caliber constantly delay their firing. I recently made a cruiser with 203mm/102mm, and there is the same situation, all guns are on target, but only the aft turret of the main caliber is constantly firing. I thought it was normal.

I created a ship with 203mm/127mm and...all guns fire without problems.

It's just incredibly awful. This is worse than any bug in the campaign.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, PainKiller said:

Now reading this, I am as fustrated as you are! This is terrible! I knew there was something off with the guns, when I experienced this issue. So I am sorry for the previous post, I was convinced that these are "features".

And now I am fustrated because, reading your informations, I just realised that most of my ships are useless. Because of course I use lots of secondaries with different caliber. So I see no point to continue playing with the campaign. This just killed the fun entirely. 

Seeing that I can't choose the caliber I want, the secondaries I want is just terrible. And why this is not fixed already? 

This is clearly game breaking and this restricts the designer! 

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Finally I met with speedrun bug that everyone is talking about. Absolutely nothing foreshadowed, but then the ship flew over the horizon.

2022-11-21-18-11-31.png

After the disappearance of this ship, I unlocked the X10 speed in battle. And I don't use mods, since I don't need even more bugs on top of bugs.

2022-11-21-18-13-33.png

I ended the battle at X5 speed, I did not look for a flying ship. Then the game crashed.

Edit: restart, yes, I've been talking about this bug for a long time, but still. I joined the cruisers to the destroyers and this old armored cruiser found new strength in herself...

2022-11-21-18-24-31.png

Edit2: thats a LOT of strength

2022-11-21-18-27-17.png

Edit3: crash

Edited by Lima
I am speeeeeeeeeed
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Lima said:

I created a ship with 203mm/127mm and...all guns fire without problems.

I'm glad i could help at least one soul :_D 

5 hours ago, Marshall99 said:

So I see no point to continue playing with the campaign. This just killed the fun entirely. 

Oh no, that was not my intention. :(  The game is still playable, it's just harder. I'm so sorry.

It's one thing that this bug applies to players......but if you check, this also affects the AI as well. I have been watching enemy AI ships, their guns are not working good as well. This is more concerning for me, since i know how to work around this, and how to build my ships so that all guns can still fire. But the AI don't. Their battle effectiveness is also reduced. I have forgat to mention this in the previous post, but this is also important. 

1 hour ago, Lima said:

Edit3: crash

I have also met with this very funny bug, i have tried to play that battle 3 times, and crashed all the time. you are forced to auto resolve so you can continue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PainKiller said:

Oh no, that was not my intention. :(  The game is still playable, it's just harder. I'm so sorry.

It's one thing that this bug applies to players......but if you check, this also affects the AI as well. I have been watching enemy AI ships, their guns are not working good as well. This is more concerning for me, since i know how to work around this, and how to build my ships so that all guns can still fire. But the AI don't. Their battle effectiveness is also reduced. I have forgat to mention this in the previous post, but this is also important. 

I have also met with this very funny bug, i have tried to play that battle 3 times, and crashed all the time. you are forced to auto resolve so you can continue.

No, I know it wasn't your intention. It was my decision to stop afterall. It is playable but not fun sadly. And I can't refit all my ships in the campaing to counter this bug because of financial problems.

If they fix this issue and other bugs like the death stack with 200+ ships, I will gladly come back, but for now I am taking a break in the campaign. Maybe I will play in custom game mode.

But knowing the bugs with the secondaries it just really fustrates me, because this really restricts the designer. And as a creative person I hate restrictions. 

I know that the dev team have a very hard time, as all people in Ukraine, so personaly I don't mind waiting long for a bug fix. But this bug fix will have a key importance! And much more important then any other new features they want to implement (because new features may bring new bugs). 

• Like 2

Had an incident during last night's campaign where, suddenly during a battle, my camera angle perspective changed and I had to physically look around to set it right and get my bearings, after having slipped and my mouse launched across the pad. But my ships had stopped moving. Their course was a spiral. I reset everything, but...

Nothing I did or could do would get them moving again. I set different speeds and direction, but nothing would take.

Enemy AI had no trouble while I was parked, they had one battleship moving just out of sight as direction of fire was changing.

It must have been something I did or clicked on the mouse. But I have no idea what it was and how it happened.

Edited by Admiral Donuts