Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.09+ Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

I seem to be able to not engage most fleets.as japan I'm at war with just about everyone and I sailed over to engage us navy. Parked the entirety of  the ijn on top of their doomstack

and nothing. Then I chased the fleet around including trying to block Panama canal as they tried going to a port in Florida. Still sails right by my 48 ships

Edited by Nichsloopington

5 hours ago, Kane said:

Campaign is unplayable.

3 campaigns so far since the release update.
All three have eventually found a point to hang on "Next Turn", and never advance.  No rhyme or reason.  Reverting to back-up saves only seems to delay the inevitable.

Go on settings then go back to main menu and reload. It somehow saves the next turn and bypasses the hang, with new missions and progress on research.

12 hours ago, o Barão said:

Note that I manage in this example to get 186" deck pen at 20 km. You said, you have 214" deck pen at the same distance. A small difference but higher for already an insane value, but the important thing to understand here is this. For you to get that number, you MUST be using -20% barrel length and improved APBC.

This is terrible for these reasons:

• Terrible accuracy from your guns.
  • Terrible ricochet angle & ricochet chance, and terrible shell damage performance.

20" guns w/ SH APBC II rounds should be able to pen AI decks, is my point, beyond my hyperbole. In the scenario I mentioned, I have tried every gun and armor combination I can think of. Same result every time. The enemy is able to pulverize me with pinpoint accurate fire -- often scoring hits on their first volley -- while I'm lucky to score a partial pen.

The AI is not making BBs w/ insane deck armor. Certainly not enough to stop a 20" shell. Yet this is precisely what I'm seeing.

Big ship/big gun combat now feels especially AI-biased, moreso than it has ever felt

image.thumb.png.6166397c496a7072f528ce6922cb399e.png

I realized after the fact that I didn't include enemy guns nor my armor, but the enemy was over-penning my 25-in deck armor, + 160%, full inner deck armor

Regardless, even ceding that the penetration calculations are fine -- which they very well may be -- I would still take issue with the AI's accuracy. Doing everything to maximize accuracy I can barely pass a 70% hit-rate, while I've never seen the AI dip beneath 90% 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, TheSublimeGoose said:

20" guns w/ SH APBC II rounds should be able to pen AI decks, is my point, beyond my hyperbole. In the scenario I mentioned, I have tried every gun and armor combination I can think of. Same result every time. The enemy is able to pulverize me with pinpoint accurate fire -- often scoring hits on their first volley -- while I'm lucky to score a partial pen.

The AI is not making BBs w/ insane deck armor. Certainly not enough to stop a 20" shell. Yet this is precisely what I'm seeing.

Big ship/big gun combat now feels especially AI-biased, moreso than it has ever felt

I realized after the fact that I didn't include enemy guns nor my armor, but the enemy was over-penning my 25-in deck armor, + 160%, full inner deck armor

Regardless, even ceding that the penetration calculations are fine -- which they very well may be -- I would still take issue with the AI's accuracy. Doing everything to maximize accuracy I can barely pass a 70% hit-rate, while I've never seen the AI dip beneath 90% 🤷‍♂️

What is your ship's balance like? Pitch, roll and fore/aft offset weight?

10 minutes ago, TheSublimeGoose said:

The accuracy mechanics are the same for both the player and the AI. There is no hidden stat to buff the AI.  And I must say that it is very easy to beat the AI, too damn easy in fact. It seems the issue here you are focus too much on the guns, when this is only one detail among many in the design process, to have a great shooting platform.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, MasterBurte said:

Somehow i can't refit my ships anymore. I have most of my BBs in my ports in japan or oversee and most aren't damaged, so repairs can't be the issue. Even my flagship is ready and waiting in port. Even after some turns there is no change. I did multiple refits blueprints of the BB and had issues with them so deleted them. Now with my final refit blueprint finished and the ships ready i can't choose any ships to refit...

In 1.09 beta i came across something like that: made a new refit design but then the refit button stayed reddish (meaning no way to refit). The issue there was (probably still is) if you make too many refit disgns in the same year you get a duplicate name design and the game somewhat fails there. Does not help that you cannot rename the refit design either so my workaround was to wait for the current year to pass and make a new design, wich finally worked (near year new design name).

Another issue can be if you have multiple ships with the same name, but refitting works there, you just have to reopen the dialog, do possible refit jobs, and rinse and repeat.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

What is your ship's balance like? Pitch, roll and fore/aft offset weight?

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

The accuracy mechanics are the same for both the player and the AI. There is no hidden stat to buff the AI.  And I must say that it is very easy to beat the AI, too damn easy in fact. It seems the issue here you are focus too much on the guns, when this is only one detail among many in the design process, to have a great shooting platform.

I have been playing for well over a year. I have played sims for decades. I know what I'm looking at.

I understand what makes a stable shooting platform. Intimately. Professionally, even. I understand how the game calculates it as well. 

Again; Play 'There Can Only Be One' and tell me something does not at least feel off.

The game is constantly in a state of flux (which, to be perfectly clear, is fine) and yet people want to act like whatever version we're currently on is "the most correct" or what have you.

Edited by TheSublimeGoose

5 hours ago, Shaun said:

Go on settings then go back to main menu and reload. It somehow saves the next turn and bypasses the hang, with new missions and progress on research.

Thanks for trying, but I tried this it did not help.
Fortunately, because this game is buggier than spider-shit, I keep multiple backups of my save files.  I've found that by reverting to one of them, I can put-off the "Next Turn" glitch for awhile.  With enough of that, I might be able to get through a campaign.

Did have another interesting bug just after posting this.
Fought a war with Britain.
Won.
Took Gibraltar and most of Africa from them.
Britain declared war again before the ink the treaty was even dry.  Literally, as soon as I could the reparations window...
Peace between Germany and Britain.
British Empire declared war on German Empire.
All in the same turn.

I still have the colonies I took from them.
VP points for each side did not even reset.
So....I guess the British surrender was so unpopular a new government took power the same day and started the war anew?

26 minutes ago, Kane said:

Thanks for trying, but I tried this it did not help.
Fortunately, because this game is buggier than spider-shit, I keep multiple backups of my save files.  I've found that by reverting to one of them, I can put-off the "Next Turn" glitch for awhile.  With enough of that, I might be able to get through a campaign.

To be honest, I had issues with the beta, and now I still have to wait a long long time for the turn to update. I assume this is due to going from just a European theatre to a global theatre. Some turns I wait a good two or three minutes, but eventually it does come around. Sometimes it appears as if it’s not responding, but it does work eventually. There’s a longer wait when building ships.

8 minutes ago, Shaun said:

To be honest, I had issues with the beta, and now I still have to wait a long long time for the turn to update. I assume this is due to going from just a European theatre to a global theatre. Some turns I wait a good two or three minutes, but eventually it does come around. Sometimes it appears as if it’s not responding, but it does work eventually. There’s a longer wait when building ships.

Ran a 15 minute timer on it, and it never advanced.  Maybe it would have eventually, but I doubt it.
In any case 15 minutes on "Next Turn" is unacceptable. and obviously needs to be looked into.  Generally when it hangs at any other place, it will eventually advance, but when its "Next Turn", that seems to be a kiss of death.

Previous time it happened to me was after China disintegrated due to defeat.
The very next time I had it was when I scrapped 50 out of date submarines, and the "Next Turn" hang immediately set in.
I have a suspicion that if a change in the progress of the game is too big, it is a catalyst for the issue.  Not sure exactly what would cause that, and 3 times is a pretty small pattern, but its worth bringing to developer attention.

Edited by Kane

4 minutes ago, Kane said:

Ran a 15 minute timer on it, and it never advanced.  Maybe it would have eventually, but I doubt it.
In any case 15 minutes on "Next Turn" is unacceptable. and obviously needs to be looked into.  Generally when it hangs at any other place, it will eventually advance, but when its "Next Turn", that seems to be a kiss of death.

Previous time it happened to me was after China disintegrated due to defeat.
The very next time I had it was when I scrapped 50 out of date submarines, and the "Next Turn" hang immediately set in.
I have a suspicion that if a change in the progress of the game is too big, it is a catalyst for the issue.  Not sure exactly what would cause that, and 3 times is a pretty small pattern, but its worth bringing to developer attention.

What’s your setup? Do you have an SSD?

11 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Yeah same story, but still 15 minutes is crazy… what year are you on?

Started each one around 1890, first hang-up happened in August of 1899
Second campaign it happened in 1901
Third in 1904.
About to destroy China again in 1905, going to see if it happens again.  China has a lot fewer surviving ships this go-round, wondering if that will make a difference.

2 hours ago, Kane said:

Did have another interesting bug just after posting this.
Fought a war with Britain.
Won.
Took Gibraltar and most of Africa from them.
Britain declared war again before the ink the treaty was even dry.  Literally, as soon as I could the reparations window...
Peace between Germany and Britain.
British Empire declared war on German Empire.
All in the same turn.

I still have the colonies I took from them.
VP points for each side did not even reset.
So....I guess the British surrender was so unpopular a new government took power the same day and started the war anew?

I've had this happen as well. This always occurs if they join an alliance that is already at war with you.

If you were not at war at all, then it's a bug.

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Started each one around 1890, first hang-up happened in August of 1899
Second campaign it happened in 1901
Third in 1904.
About to destroy China again in 1905, going to see if it happens again.  China has a lot fewer surviving ships this go-round, wondering if that will make a difference.

In my last Japanese campaign that ended by it seizing-up, I was at war with China 4 times in 9 years. The 3rd time they didn't even have any ships. Just 139 submarines. Every time I sank one I would get over 29,000 vps. That ended quick.

When you click the "make peace" button on the next turn the war can continue and vice versa. It pisses me off so much. Sorry, but I have to destroy the enemy fleet three times to get a lot of points. I've been reporting this since the moment the peace agreements appeared in the game, but nothing has changed.

Edit: Awesome, the opponent has 250 free points again.

Edited by Lima

8 hours ago, TheSublimeGoose said:

Again; Play 'There Can Only Be One' and tell me something does not at least feel off.

What the AI can do, you can always do it better. And you should embrace the challenge. Those are the missions that are IMO the most interesting. That force the player to improve, test new things. Or you prefer to get results like this all the time?

wSqQ4A6.jpg

Someday, the AI is going here to the forum to complain that I am cheating.

41 minutes ago, Admiral Donuts said:

7 months to refit my torpedo boats in 1898?

Everything else is a month. And all I did was replace single torp tubes with doubles.

Torpedo Boats and Destroyers have artificially high refit times.

Remove a gun then undo, that seems to cut the refit time substantially 

• Like 1

I have some issues with the economic system of the campaign. Twice I have played as Japan vs the World and twice now I have more or less to stop the campaign around 1917-18 (start date 1900) because I am bankrupt. I do not loose any transport ships, I've captured many regions close to Japan and I have far less ships than the major combatants. The problem is that while they can run their economy down the drain, use too much money to built enormous fleets and have admiral after admiral scaked and still go on, I cannot do the same.

Also, I have noted that the other nations still build up enormous monetary reserves, even if they loose war after war, loose regions and build humongous fleets. In other words, it seems to me that it is impossible to beat the enemy economically.

Furthermore, after I finally ran out of money for the first time in my last campaign, around May 1918, I did not get any replenishment of money. Is that a bug or intentional?

I've won all my wars, I have not overbuilt the navy and I have decomissioned older ships and designs, yet this economic breakdown seems to happen every time after a while now. For me it breaks the campaign forcing me to start over. It could be a serious obstacle to play the game.

If I may make a suggestion to one solution to the problem of the enemies having admiral after admiral sacked, it should be that if an admiral is sacked due to using too much money, there should be a forced reduction in their fleet.

I hope the development team could have a look at these issues as it is seriously impeding my abillity to play the campaign to the end now.

One last thing is that despite having based my submarines very cloose to enemy ports I have yet to see an option to use them in fight. The window with options to to play out a battle or run away never appears. It seems I cannot get them to do anything.

Anyone else getting a bug that arbitrarily restricts ship speed?

ZtGp0qc.png

Here I have five 36kt destroyers in divisions of 4 and 1. The group of 4 is restricted to 7kts; the single ship is restricted to 24. Even the single ship gets the message "some ships in division are unable to reach this speed" when I try to increase it.

36 minutes ago, SonicB said:

Anyone else getting a bug that arbitrarily restricts ship speed?

ZtGp0qc.png

Here I have five 36kt destroyers in divisions of 4 and 1. The group of 4 is restricted to 7kts; the single ship is restricted to 24. Even the single ship gets the message "some ships in division are unable to reach this speed" when I try to increase it.

What is the fuel level of your ship? If it's below 20%, your ship basicly stops. You can check that below on that small ship card, when you hover your cursor over that

• Like 1