Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming v1.05 changelog

Nick Thomadis

3 minutes ago, Drenzul said:

Really sounds like you are been overly picky and entitled. They already replied Friday why they haven't released it yet.

Is not the fact that they haven't released, but the fact that they have been gone and completely silent on any possible channel for nearly a week by now what makes people speculate and fear the worst.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

Is not the fact that they haven't released, but the fact that they have been gone and completely silent on any possible channel for nearly a week by now what makes people speculate and fear the worst.

Thank you for not having the worst possible interpretation of my post.

people in this chat have to chill. It is reasonable to be frustrated at this long of a delay and the promised changes. I think the dev team accidentally backed them selves into a corner by telling us the future change log and the projected release date. because they already stated the change log they couldn't cut anything to make the dead line ,and by telling us the dead line they had to delay to fit every thing that's in the change log. The way they chose to go about this didn't leave any room for unforeseen issues. its clear there were unforeseen issues. 

• Like 3

@RedParadizeThat has to be one of the dumbest take on topic related to gaming I have ever had the displeasure to read. What part of the word Upcoming do you NOT understand?! Bro... are you sure the local chemical laboratory isn't spiking your water with something? I thought the people asking for spreedsheet arcade WOWS gameplay are bad... now you are just batsht insane.

10 minutes ago, ColonelHenry said:

@RedParadizeThat has to be one of the dumbest take on topic related to gaming I have ever had the displeasure to read. What part of the word Upcoming do you NOT understand?! Bro... are you sure the local chemical laboratory isn't spiking your water with something? I thought the people asking for spreedsheet arcade WOWS gameplay are bad... now you are just batsht insane.

Well... I happen to have worked in the gaming industry. Internally, change log is what you write when you submit a change. On the external side, you publish them so people knows whats new, but also what may create issues. Either way, it can't be written before the change is actually done. If its not done, then internally its what you are currently working on. Some studio are quite open about that, but most are more cautious about as it can backfire spectacularly if you under-deliver.

As I said before, it isn't the core of the issue I have. If it was only that I would not have commented about it at all.

Edited by RedParadize

7 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Well... I happen to have worked in the gaming industry. Internally, change log is what you write when you submit a change. On the external side, you publish them so people knows whats new, but also what may create issues. Either way, it can't be written before the change is actually done. If its not done, then internally its what you are currently working on. Some studio are quite open about that, but most are more cautious about as it can backfire spectacularly if you under-deliver.

As I said before, it isn't the core of the issue I have. If it was only that I would not have commented about it at all.

It still does not change the fact Ukraine cannot send info out of its country due to the rampant cyberwarfare.

24 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

If its not done, then internally its what you are currently working on.

As far as I know, every single game with regular update will just use a blanket term to tell their consumers/customers what coming whether it's Upcoming, RoadMap, etc. some don't even bother with those and just straight up release the patchnote without even releasing the patch.

24 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Then why comment... Your credibility as someone who work in the industry can only carry you so far, some dumb people will just take it at that and believe what you say. Most people will read your actual words to see if anything you said make sense. What you have said it that comment makes absolute no sense what-so-ever regarding the topic.

Edited by ColonelHenry

2 hours ago, Iuvenalis said:

I'm still just using the old launcher. Is this going to be released as an opt-in beta on steam first or will it roll out to both platforms simultaneously?

To my knowledge all the beta patches are released first on Steam under the beta branch. After a week or so they are then released for the original pre-Steam launcher.

2 minutes ago, King_Tiger_II said:

It still does not change the fact Ukraine cannot send info out of its country due to the rampant cyberwarfare.

Sorry but that isn't true. The news coming from Ukraine you are looking at are going trough internet. Besides that I chatted with a Ukrainian friend just yesterday. I am not saying that to minimize the situation, but this is just not the case.

@ColonelHenry Find me a single other game where Changelog apply to future unimplemented feature and we gonna talk about credibility. Could it be due to language barrier? sure. I am not gonna pick up a fight just for this. On the other hand, are you happy with the frequency and clarity of the status update we get?

I am telling you, once this game will be on steam, if they announce something for a date they better deliver it that date. And if they are gonna be late they are better say it before the due date. If not the game will get mixed review. Do you know what that does to sells? Because it ain't good.

2 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Sorry but that isn't true. The news coming from Ukraine you are looking at are going trough internet. Besides that I chatted with a Ukrainian friend just yesterday. I am not saying that to minimize the situation, but this is just not the case.

@ColonelHenry Find me a single other game where Changelog apply to future unimplemented feature and we gonna talk about credibility. Could it be due to language barrier? sure. I am not gonna pick up a fight just for this. On the other hand, are you happy with the frequency and clarity of the status update we get?

I am telling you, once this game will be on steam, if they announce something for a date they better deliver it that date. And if they are gonna be late they are better say it before the due date. If not the game will get mixed review. Do you know what that does to sells? Because it ain't good.

To be frank I don't care. I've been following multiple games from other small dev teams for years now which haven't even released or even reached a playable early access beta state for the public. These are small dev teams, they aren't Dice or LucasArts or Infinity Ward with hundreds of millions of dollars in backing and hundreds of employees. 

To be honest and with all due respect, I really think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

13 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

You know the game has been on steam for like a month now, right?  

4 minutes ago, Speglord said:

To be frank I don't care. I've been following multiple games from other small dev teams for years now which haven't even released or even reached a playable early access beta state for the public. These are small dev teams, they aren't Dice or LucasArts or Infinity Ward with hundreds of millions of dollars in backing and hundreds of employees. 

To be honest and with all due respect, I really think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

I am not trying to make a mountain out of it. But I got some flak what I said for it and replied to that so it looked worst.

25 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

What do you define as "future unimplemented feature"? Because every single online game I have played will have some form of pre update patchnote that could be a week or two before the actual update. One example from a very successful game (that is terrible now) is R6S, just look at how many tweaks and updates they tell you before the actual update. I stopped playing 2.5 years ago but from Y1 to Y4, I am very certain that they released partial patch notes before the real update at least a week, for upcoming changes for that season (4 Seasons/ Year). Hell, look at Squad, v2.12 was revealed all the way back last year, when they released the patch note, all you could do was a single weekend playtest and it took them months to finally get that update out. Is that future unimplemented? Because like 200 people got to play out of thousands and it was blatantly unfinished back then.

Edited by ColonelHenry

Just now, ColonelHenry said:

What do you define as "future unimplemented feature"? Because every single online game I have played will have some form of pre update patchnote that could be a week or two before the actual update. One example from a very successful game (that is terrible now) is R6S, just look at how many tweaks and updates they tell you before the actual update. I stopped playing two years ago but from Y1 to Y4, I am very certain that they released partial patch notes before the real update at least a week, at least upcoming changes for that season (4 Seasons/ Year). Hell, look at Squad, v2.12 was revealed all the way back last year, when they released the patch note, all you could do was a single weekend playtest and it took them months to finally get that update out. Is that future unimplemented? Because like 200 people got to play out of thousands and it was blatantly unfinished back then.

R6S call those designer notes, and else sometimes. I see Squad calling that roadmap and playtest, playtest were playable I separated branch assume, therefore having a actual change log. There is multiple ways you can call that, but I have never seen patch notes on something not done yet, it simply carry a different meaning.

Again (and I said that multiple times already), it isn't the main problem I have. If it would be only that I would have find it curious but I have not commented on it.

To end this on a good note. I am very happy they went for more flexible beam ratio and ship upgrade. Those two factor will address what I see as the main weakness in the game as it currently is, which is lack of variety. There is only a handful of ways you can built a ship in any given era, for me it make it quite boring and repetitive. Ship upgrade may (I hope) allow to install a more diverse range of tower on a ship, that plus tweakable beam ratio will greatly improve the variety of ship you can make.

Cost and maintenance ballance will be welcomed as well.

I am fine with waiting the time it take to have that. But clearer communication would be great.

Edited by RedParadize
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello all,

The beta is finalized and is scheduled to be deployed tomorrow after an internal testing.

Thank you all for the continued support and understanding.

Many thanks! Thoughts and prayers for you and yours, be safe!