Game-Labs Forum

>>>Patch 1.03-1.04 Feedback<<

Nick Thomadis

please, I beg of you. undo the fix that stopped us from continuing after the war was won or had a revolution. we know it breaks the game and we know its not balanced but its nice to have some semblance to a longer campaign. 

Thank you, a bored player

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Was the mission called "Straggle" or something like that?

Because if so, then it is definitely not a bug. There is the chance that ships returning from a previous mission can be intercepted. This works both ways. If you're lucky you can also intercept enemy ships this way sometimes, though that seems to happen a lot less often than the other way round...

No, it was not. It was listed as a normal BB duel. I also had no idea that kind of mission existed, but it makes sense I for something like that to be in the game I guess.

New mechanic/algorithm that stops friendlies from firing torpedos that hits friendlies is a big win..  Several times in the last patch I had ships to the rear of a line which would shoot torpedos when the lead ship was turning and it would hit them.. So this is a very welcomed fix.

That being said.. Ship AI is still buggered to all hell.. AI/Screen/Scout ships still running off and doing nothing.  Ships which are literally sitting back at spawn point and just spinning.. not moving.. just spinning circles.  Screen and Scout ships still go straight off in the OPPOSITE direction of the enemy.  AI controlled ships sitting at the edge of viewable range to the enemy and not doing anything because they are out of range.

AI Ship design is still... wonky.. to say the least.  Placing items that no one can place them if they designed manually (ergo turrets/torpedoes to close). Armor with no rhyme or reason. Drastically under cutting funnels.  Using massive barbettes for 2in guns.  Late 1940s CLs with 4in guns as the largest size and swarms of 2in guns.

Finally.. The enemy AI's anti-flood ability.  This is the most annoying thing I've ever seen.  We are talking early CLs with no anti-flooding, no aux pumps, single hull, standard bulkheads; going from 1% float to 100% in a matter of mins.  I couldnt believe it.  I'd always suspected that AI had some flooding cheat but this is over the top.

20220115213813_1.thumb.jpg.da75d64b793a94c8b73e5b6fef6129a8.jpg

Edited by Bishop120
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mandric said:

please, I beg of you. undo the fix that stopped us from continuing after the war was won or had a revolution. we know it breaks the game and we know its not balanced but its nice to have some semblance to a longer campaign. 

Thank you, a bored player

based on the conversations taking place id expect it wont matter in a month at most as they are implementing the first set of diplomacy and new nations to the campaign thus instead of a single war it will be a proper campaign

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

I hope this is true, and that they revise the research speed. Even with 100% research from the very start of the campaign (1890), by 1910 I hadn't launched my first dreadnought yet, and I wasn't even close to have researched the turbines.

So you can tweak them yourself Via the Save 01 file located in C:\Users\*userid*\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

You need Notepad++ and then look for the Key values, just hit search with your cursor at the start and type Key case specific, and you can ajust the speed yourself. 

• Like 3

The game has become in borderland of unplayable now, and is a lot worst condition I can remember during the about two years I've been playing this game. 

• Formation don't work at all anymore.
    • They ships cannot follow the lead ship when there is some maneuvering. Even a simple turn, the ships behind the lead ship turn too early, messing up the formation. 
    • After the turn is completed and the following ships are falling in line again, those ships often keep zigzagging for awhile before they finally managed to sail in a straight line. But they have usually fallen a great distance behind the lead ship at this point.
    • Ships "leave" the formation too early when they've sustained some damage. Especially the lead ship should not fall backwards in the line if it only suffers minor damage, with minor speed loss.
  • Collision avoidance system does not work.
    • It is impossible to conduct complex maneuverings when other ships are close by. So you end up having ships refusing to turn the way you want, forcing you to manual turn the ship using the "rudder controller" if you want the ship to turn. This is time consuming and unintuitive when the UI is set up to use simple clicks in on the map to maneuverer the ships.
    • Ships/formations starts moving from their assigned course too early when near other ships. I don't know what the range is for the borderline for activating the collision avoidance system, but it's too far in many cases. Especially if you sail on parallelly course with no immediate danger of collision. So the system has to consider both heading, speed and what orders the ships has, then just activate based range between the ships, as it seems it does today. 
  • Ships are often not able to keep their assigned speed.
    • Some ship sails a lot slower then their assigned speed without no apparent reasons. 
    • Ships end up "freezing" in place with no apparent reasons. Almost like they have run aground on a sand bank or something.
  • Like 9

The collision avoidance should be toned down. It's affecting to the point a ship can't make a quick simple turn because of other ship "somehow in the way" even when that ship is like up to 1km away & sometimes isn't even crossing other ship's path.  And why do we need this collision avoidance anyway when there's no damage from ramming own ships?

1 minute ago, Captain Meow said:

The collision avoidance should be toned down. It's affecting to the point a ship can't make a quick simple turn because of other ship "somehow in the way" even when that ship is like up to 1km away & sometimes isn't even crossing other ship's path.  And why do we need this collision avoidance anyway when there's no damage from ramming own ships?

Maybe because they probably plan to add such damage at some point? But for the time being, is true that completely disabling the collision avoidance system for the time being could be a good stopgap measure to solve the problem until a proper fix is coded.

• Like 1

I've seen other mention the ridiculous spawning problems, but this is the first time I've experienced this "bug" myself.

Or maybe the FIFA World Cup final between England and Germany just was finished, and the crew of both the German and UK ships had just returned to their posts after gathering around the telegraph in their respective ships for a live update of the match, letting their ships sailing by themselves without any supervision.

image.thumb.png.f5a477ca6c9d20f1536617f7fdbb249d.png

Ramming damage needs a rebalance.

I just had one of my BBs ram into an enemy TB. The very tip of my BB rammed into the side of the TB to be more precise.

In realiy that TB would have just been split down the middle, but in the game both ships took equal damange and the TB had a little bit of flooding and easily survived the crash.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Ramming damage needs a rebalance.

I just had one of my BBs ram into an enemy TB. The very tip of my BB rammed into the side of the TB to be more precise.

In realiy that TB would have just been split down the middle, but in the game both ships took equal damange and the TB had a little bit of flooding and easily survived the crash.

Seconding this. Can't tell you how many of my ships have taken heavy damage from the tiniest of impacts. Had a destroyer sink after a single, nearly parallel course brush with a transport. No shells needed.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 11:06 PM, The PC Collector said:

I hope this is true, and that they revise the research speed. Even with 100% research from the very start of the campaign (1890), by 1910 I hadn't launched my first dreadnought yet, and I wasn't even close to have researched the turbines.

Yes, started at 1890 when i reached 1910 with %100 research, I  was missing some important techs from 1910 start

• Like 1

I just had another case of Germany and Britain blockading each other at the same time.

grafik.png.c15a9a802f338f61516aab80c2dc4226.png

For context I started a 1900 campaign as the Brits and am now in 1925. The Germans have more ships, but I have heavier ones. Prior to this I had the Germans under blockade, so pulled all my ships back into In-Being to give them a chance to live a bit longer.

It worked... and then a couple of month later they blockaded me. At that point I put my entire fleet back to Sea Control and then... well see the screenshot.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

22 hours ago, Captain Meow said:

Actually last patch it was working so you can play at least. Now its absolute frustrating with ships stopping for no reason or just don't turn because of a ship nearby. 

Maybe at this point it is better to get rid of the avoidence mechanics for player controlled Divisions completely. 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:37 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

It is an old visual bug, happening in previous patch as well. We have fixed part of it, but cannot find the last cause that triggers it. It happens when "Pause" is wrongly set in ship design, pausing the mount animations and thus the parts hover on air, but if you exit Design and re-enter the problem is fixed.

We need player help to fix this completely. It is hilarious, but players who "mash random buttons" from anxiety between loading screens, can get this error often. We need a definite reproduce method, of what a player frequently does between loading sessions, or during ship design, what keys are frequently pressed, what special key bindings might be active etc.

Just ran across this. I'd never seen it before. I don't mash buttons, and it occurred shortly after opening a new game. I launched the application from Steam, went to custom battles, set up a new fight, and immediately upon loading the design editor, the first part I placed was floating.

EDIT: I exited the editor and reopened it from the custom battle screen. The component (main tower) which I had placed last time I was in the editor was no longer floating. I moved the part, and it began to float again.

EDIT: This is proving to be very reproducible. I am using the N3/G3 hull.

dcX4iCJ.png

EvfSg4X.png

u0e9oag.png

Edited by neph

Is there any solution behind shipbuilding fps to suddenly tank to 1-2 fps when clicking on numerical ship values such as speed and armor thickness? I have to alt-tab every time to "fix" it and my computer is not even a potato with an i7 9700k and an rtx 3070. I didn't have this issue on the earlier builds for this game either.

• Like 2

Some views

Playing again all the campaigns as Germany 

Pro

- Ship design seems better, but still see BB and BC design with few bulkheads

- Armor layout is better

- AI response is also better

Cons

- Player formation (already mentioned above)

- Played for 10 years the 1910 campaign, I was way behind on tech perspective if compared to a fresh start in 1920. Hope wont be like this with more nations.

- AI targeting priority.... 

Overall is positive the improvement, keep the good work.

Cheers

Edited by DieHard_BR

On 1/24/2022 at 6:39 AM, Phelidai said:

Seconding this. Can't tell you how many of my ships have taken heavy damage from the tiniest of impacts. Had a destroyer sink after a single, nearly parallel course brush with a transport. No shells needed.

Well, that is not necessary unrealistic. Destroyers aren't big ships, nor very sturdy ships. So a collision between a destroyer and a much bigger transport ship could easily be fatal for the destroyer.

For instance, the Norwegian Navy lost the frigate KNM Helge Ingstad to a collision with a tanker in 2018. It wasn't a 

A reconstruction of the collision between the frigate and the tanker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRazvXwZQKk

Hello Admirals, 

We just deployed the following hotfix.

HotFix v1.04 (25/1/2022)
- Fixed bug in saved battles which caused them to not function or make the game to crash.
- Fine tuning to Auto-Targeting, Guns' aiming at close range.
- Fixed an occasional problem in mission "Sink the Raiders" in which the transports could spawn too close to the enemy.

• Like 6

Just had a really weird Ambush spawn, I mean I won but really weird, I had 11 Destroyers spawn, 1 of them actually collided and got a point blank shot from the battlecruiser's guns and sunk, and 2 other destroyers where around 600-700M range, i mean I won simply because I had fired torpedos from point blank, but that spawning seems odd.

4 hours ago, Candle_86 said:

Just had a really weird Ambush spawn, I mean I won but really weird, I had 11 Destroyers spawn, 1 of them actually collided and got a point blank shot from the battlecruiser's guns and sunk, and 2 other destroyers where around 600-700M range, i mean I won simply because I had fired torpedos from point blank, but that spawning seems odd.

More or less the same..... 1940 campaign i was ambushed by 12 DD at very, very close range. I had 2 CAs

1) Sometimes when entering Shipbuilder the displacement drops to minimal value for some designs, messing them up. No idea what causes this, but am getting tired of restoring designs to how they were every time this happens. Never had such before this 1.02 patch.

2) Design overwrites (erases) once clicked on different default hull.
I'm building some ship or viewing some finished ship, I click on some different hull & get "You have unsaved changes. Discard this hull?" notification - whether I click "Yes" or "No", I lose the ship I was just building/viewing, as if that design I had was just overwritten with a new hull. So, if I need to see/use different hull I must click on "New design" to reserve a slot for it so it won't overwrite the existing design.

Those problems still exist, same as this: 

Can't launch a custom battle unless all types I have designs for are included.  Looks like the problem begins once a CA design is created.  Not gonna delete any suggested files, because I lost all my designs after that.

Also, noticed this - casemate armor thickness got somehow "messed up" or something? It was up to 17.5mm (if I remember right) for 76mm gun for both sides & top, now the max. thickness is this:

3274625647.jpg

Forgot... TONE DOWN OR TURN OFF THE EXCESSIVE COLISSION AVOIDANCE FUNCTION!!!

Got my BB hit by torpedoes because it refused to turn at all since there was my another ship like 1km away!!!

Edited by Captain Meow
  • Like 2

There are still some issues with the "bad firing angle for gun" message in the custom battle designer, mostly concerns Japanese super battleship hull. I had to start with a clean hull to get the message to go away, considering that I had taken off all the secondaries, message remained; had to delete the main guns too for the message to disappear. While it didn't happen too much, it seems there still remain isolated issues where this happens I guess... I only had one instance of it appearing after all...