Game-Labs Forum

General Inquires

Jacks724

So, here are some questions I have for both the development team and the online community.

- Are we going to see the ability to save our game during game play either in the near future or upon release? 

- Are we going to see other major nations such as France come into play for campaign? Either as opponents or as playable fractions? 

- Sandbox option available as a possible DLC done the track? 

1 hour ago, Jacks724 said:

Are we going to see the ability to save our game during game play either in the near future or upon release? 

Most Likely yes. Sterner said they want to remove a lot of the bugs and work on the ea release. Otherwise saying it is a low priority though the feature makes sense as it was in UGCW.

Are we going to see other major nations such as France come into play for campaign? Either as opponents or as playable fractions? 

Currently the game includes Spain, Royal France, and the Americans with the addition of Revolutionary France being confirmed. They have said numerous times that they will add more playable factions if the game sells well as dlc.

Sandbox option available as a possible DLC done the track? 

Would be neat and there is already the custom filter for save files though probably a place holder from UGCW. If this does happen then I would like to see full custom powers such as unlimited money and resources for both you and the ai which would surely make it worthwhile.

I hate the fact that some of the missions can take awhile and you can't stop and start. I also experienced a defeat in the mission were you have to travel down the river in your row boats and was annoyed that I had to restart from the beginning. It's annoying for those who are time poor and can really ruin an experience if you can't just jump back in due to life commitments. 

Is Spain, France and Revolutionary France in campaign format or just in one off battle format? I can see the American one is in development at least on the campaign screen?

Something like Sea Dog's 1 or 2's economy? 

9 hours ago, Jacks724 said:

Is Spain, France and Revolutionary France in campaign format or just in one off battle format?

Apologies I should have been more clear. Currently, Chapter 1/2 is against the Spanish. Chapter 3 is against France and America. This is pure speculation but I believe Chapter 5 is the Napoleonic Wars so not sure who or what Chapter 4 will be about.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question in relation to the Campaign(s). So, with the Campaign, I see it says that we follow the career path of Nelson or John, but I'm curious if this is more or less something more akin to what it was in Ultimate General: Civil War, in which you're more or less Lee/Grant (Despite them being in the game as officers) but are your own custom officer of sorts. Do we have these choices as well with Ultimate Admiral? Or are we unable to do anything in regards to the name and choices we make? I know it may seem rather... crappy to say this, but I myself loved UG:CW because you got to BE a commander, which made it stand out more overall. So, with that in mind, the crappy part comes up which is... I'm thinking this game might not be for me or people like me who are into the more RPG aspect of character creation/naming if you're stuck playing Nelson of John. 

You can already change the name of your...well...character by clicking on the name in the screen where you chose the picture after you set the difficulty. 

And you can also switch to different character picture of course, I think the Brits have like Jarvis and Rodney in addition to Nelson.

Edited by Garm

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 2:36 PM, Garm said:

You can already change the name of your...well...character by clicking on the name in the screen where you chose the picture after you set the difficulty. 

And you can also switch to different character picture of course, I think the Brits have like Jarvis and Rodney in addition to Nelson.

TY I did not know this!

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, demonicginger1 said:

Will there be Spanish campaign?

The Spanish had great ships I'd like to explore

Considering how the game works, I'd say the chances to explore (or explode) a Spanish ship would actually be larger in any campaign that isn't a Spanish one.