Game-Labs Forum

v0.62 x1 Combat Speed [No]

Alekius

I cannot play the game at x1 speed for all combat.  This becomes far too unfun when engaging in stern chases or cleanup operations and wastes time I don't have.  I would prefer the crashes and performance issues from v0.61 than deal with this further.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Alekius said:

I cannot play the game at x1 speed for all combat.  This becomes far too unfun when engaging in stern chases or cleanup operations and wastes time I don't have.  I would prefer the crashes and performance issues from v0.61 than deal with this further.

Speed control was locked or limited to control crashes, as a lot of cases were happening because of it. Once all sources for crashes will be fixed the speed control options will be brought back. 
hold on. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, admin said:

Speed control was locked or limited to control crashes, as a lot of cases were happening because of it. Once all sources for crashes will be fixed the speed control options will be brought back. 
hold on. 

Hurrah! Okay, sounds good :) not an issue for me, but definitely seen people reporting crashing during battles. Would rather be able to play the game than crashing. Thanks for rapid response

19 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

Thanks for the answer. But I must stress out that forcing it is a bad choice. A warning or option to turn it off would be preferable.

I was crashing on only two maps. Now I won't crash anymore, not because of the patch, but because I won't play.

It had to be forced, to identify additional crash reasons sources not related to speed. It will take several days. And most speed options will be re-enabled. 
We will also post a warning that speed can cause crashes.. 

• Like 3

The hotifx v.63 addresses the issue.

UPDATE 26-10-2019
-===============-
Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts Alpha-2 v.63 

• Hotfix: Game Speed limits are much softer now. 3x is the minimum auto-adjusted game speed. 10x game speed became available when fleets are very far away and not in contact. This system protects you from some known bugs related to game speed, that can cause also crashes. Please be patient and in next updates we will improve as per your suggestions.

• Like 4