Game-Labs Forum

canceld a contract

Dread2005

If you press cancel contract in the port where contract is placed - you will get the rest of the mats (which were not sold yet) to warehouse and reals (for those mats that was sold). 
But - there is also another button - "delete contract" which removes contract without providing mats back.

There are two options, to delete the contract (completly delete the contract and items) and to cancel the contract (items will be given back).

If you are sure you canceled the contract but items were not given back and you have not sent the F11 report, please name exact date when it happened

26 minutes ago, Ink said:

There are two options, to delete the contract (completly delete the contract and items) and to cancel the contract (items will be given back).

If you are sure you canceled the contract but items were not given back and you have not sent the F11 report, please name exact date when it happened

i am not sure, not aware that there are two options clicked fast no time to read closely... but yeah whats the point of deleting a contract? so ill open up a F11 case

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I'm not exactly sure why there's even a Delete option? What's the rationale for even giving the user this ability, as I can't determine a single use case where this is more desirable than canceling a contract, having goods returned and if you're actually wanting to delete the items just remove them from the warehouse? It seems like it would remove this headache entirely...

It could be used if the port says was captured and on the other side of the map and you don't want to haul the stuff back or it's a bunch of cheap stuff.  You can just delete the goods and contract.  Remember we are limited to only something like 10 contracts at a time. For us that don't use them all the time that seems plenty, but for others that have contracts all over the place they are not enough at times.

Just auto delete contra ts for capured ports, the rest well your Wearhois has some slots th fill

but never mind...

maybe ill write s suggestion, as soon as a action would invole losing/destroying stuff the Button colour is RED! ;-7

sorry for the typos, new phone... bad keyboard 😉

Edited by Dread2005

I have deleted contracts before just for the reason Sir Texas mentioned above. We can only have 10 contracts out and I was buying reps, never filled,- had no OP there, needed room for more contracts in a different port and just deleted the unfilled ones. You lose the money but save a long sail just to cancel.  It would be better if the "cancel" label was just changed back to the "claim" label, the way it used to be- I believe.

1 hour ago, Sparkydog said:

I have deleted contracts before just for the reason Sir Texas mentioned above. We can only have 10 contracts out and I was buying reps, never filled,- had no OP there, needed room for more contracts in a different port and just deleted the unfilled ones. You lose the money but save a long sail just to cancel.  It would be better if the "cancel" label was just changed back to the "claim" label, the way it used to be- I believe.

Yep I have had ships pulled out of a port but didn't want to sale back to close down things so I just deleted the contracts and pulled the port.  I kinda hate you have to get the ship out too, should be able to scuttle that too if you want to abandon all from a port.  Than other times I have left a port there and let it changed hands half a dozen time before it got back to the nation my player was.  

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

That's just pure laziness... If you have contracts, then you have an outpost. And if your outposts get captured and you don't teleport in to cancel your contracts, sell/tow/sail your ships/goods out before reset then you deserve to have to smuggle in to do so.

You do know there are such things as buy contracts?  As @Sparkydog states above you might have a buy contract that doesn't feel.  Just cause you think it's lazy doesn't mean it is for others.  Remember not every one lives on this game 24/7 like some.   They might not know that port got captured and come back a few days later.  I hear it all the time, "What happen to such and such port all my stuff is in it."  Remember this game isn't about the 10% that are on all the time.  We do have a large number of casual players that don't log in every night and play hours and hours like some with no life do.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir