Game-Labs Forum

Can't close outpost

Koltes

I don't think its working as intended. Shouldn't I be able to make a call to lose everything in the port and close it without being there? There are warnings and I even have to put in number code to confirm the deletion. However....

A port that have been taken and now belongs to another nation. All I have there is a Trader Brig.
0QED2B2.png

When I press Abandon it even warns me that ships will be deleted.
xzvgbgA.png

After all confirmations it gives me this.
gFdhpib.png

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Raekur said:

This oddity may be due to people inadvertently deleting ships by not paying attention when removing outposts.

Isnt that those people's f..k up? They need to learn to pay attention. Not everyone else being crippled to their level

• Like 3

i had the same problem, can be easily fixed if each port had a certain ID number you had to confirm, not the 1906116 which we have on everything today, also discussed it with Ink ingame and i believe he understood my point that if you do wrong after confirming stuff up to 3 times you should take the consequences

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Atreides said:

This has been in place for well over a year.  Sail in to the port with a trade shipe, sell it, or suicide outside.

problem is you cant suicide in a BC outside anymore, you get tp'ed to closest friendly or open port and you cant enter since it counts as warship, the only "safe" way is to buy a t lynx and dock up but you can also get tagged in this ship, so there is a way to deny people to free up dockspace

I do not like this, lot's warnings... Yet you can not close the port. 

Why the warnings? Change the text please, wrong information. 

Why do I put the code, to not to close the port?

Nonsense, if I get acknowledged by warning, I put the code, I wanna lose my stuff and close the port! 

This is a "released" game?? Yet look what kind of stuff we are dealing. 

• Like 1

UI: If you delete this you will lose everything
Me: Yeah, that's what deletion means
UI: Are you sure you wanna do it?
Me: Yes I do
UI: Pretty sure?
Me: Pretty sure.
UI: But you will lose your ship
Me: I dont want it
UI: But it will be gone forever
Me: Great
UI: And you wont bug us later asking for your shit back?
Me: Coz not
UI: Ok... are you sure? Please be sure?
Me: Sure as I can ever be
UI: Say it again, I will record your answer
Me: I'm sure
UI: What are you, first grade? Full answer please
Me: I'm 100% positive that I want to delete my outpost and all items and buildings in it. The pixel family and pixel estate I might have there as well as wonderful memories about the place which I positively do not want to keep. Happy?
UI: Yes, please enter the code
Me: 190116
UI: Access denied
Me: WHY???
UI: I'm not sure you really want it
Me: 🤬

• Like 4

7 hours ago, koltes said:

I don't think its working as intended. Shouldn't I be able to make a call to lose everything in the port and close it without being there? There are warnings and I even have to put in number code to confirm the deletion. However....

A port that have been taken and now belongs to another nation. All I have there is a Trader Brig.
0QED2B2.png

When I press Abandon it even warns me that ships will be deleted.
xzvgbgA.png

After all confirmations it gives me this.
gFdhpib.png

its right what you see 

it is done (on purpose) this way because people have to go to the port to manually delete ships ..

it is working as intended

it is done to prefend ships loss by captains who click the mouse to fast.

workaround is to have a least a dock building free ..so you can jump (after building  a new  port) to delete the other port ship (if you still want to do that, [but i think not ] :))

tip before you go on a journey delete a port so you have a free port slot, if you think you  probably going to need it. 

Edited by Thonys

What the devs hear when someone accidentally deletes their outpost:  😢

What the devs hear when they protect players from accidentally deleting their outpost:  😢

There's no winning against whining and this thread is unnecessary.  As said above it's been this way a long time with no issues.  Plan ahead.

• Like 1

the closing mechanics were changed as there were too many cases when players closed wrong outposts with many ships (despite warnings).

Now you have to manually clean an outpost from ships before closing it.