Game-Labs Forum

Fire question

Zoky

Question

Can someone explain to me how fire works? First I lose wasa to fire that started at start of battle and never want away and slowly destroyed my entire structure. People said its new fire mechanics and I actually like it. But then there was this duel with redii and when he entered fire shock I was super happy coz I was going to win duel against all mighty redii. As any normal captain I tried to put as much distance as I could between us, but then he exited fire shock and one boarding later I lost (it was fun battle for me)! I checked fire shock icon and it clearly said that if you entered fire shock you cant put fire down and you should try to take many enemies with you in explosion. So how is it possible to exit fire shock? Is game lying (again) or is it working as intended? And when he exited fire shock on my screen he was still in shock

7 answers to this question

Wood type plays a large factpr ships like fir fir have a large fire spread modifier making the fire grow faster and burn longer. Teak,cag, mahog all have fire resistance. Entering fire shock does not necessary mean death. If a ship is still fairly healthy structure wise and can repair it can put the fire out and repair enough to stay alive (it still will take a chunk of damage). Fire also grows when shot so try to avoid getting shot a lot if you want your fire to go out.

Would be nice to have a real answer as to how a fire can and then cannot be put out, which woods are more affected, which woods prolong explosions when you expect to explode sooner, etc.

In the video redii should've exploded long before the fire was put out, based on my experiences.

• Like 1

Aster explains it well above. When the enemy is on fire and you want it to be climatic, keep shooting. Kill his crew. And for the same reason, if you’re on fire, protect your crew as much as possible. They are the ones fighting the fire. 

you can get out of fireshock if you have your crew in survival. just takes time.

At one point, don't remember which patch, you could not activate or deactivate survival while in shock. Back then if in shock there was no way out if survival was inactive.

But since now you can activate survival while in shock, you can get out of it. Just takes forever, and any shot received increase fire and risk of explosion.

1 hour ago, Zoky said:

Can someone explain to me how fire works? First I lose wasa to fire that started at start of battle and never want away and slowly destroyed my entire structure. People said its new fire mechanics and I actually like it. But then there was this duel with redii and when he entered fire shock I was super happy coz I was going to win duel against all mighty redii. As any normal captain I tried to put as much distance as I could between us, but then he exited fire shock and one boarding later I lost (it was fun battle for me)! I checked fire shock icon and it clearly said that if you entered fire shock you cant put fire down and you should try to take many enemies with you in explosion. So how is it possible to exit fire shock? Is game lying (again) or is it working as intended? And when he exited fire shock on my screen he was still in shock

big buckets, long arms and ALOT of aloe vera 😎