Game-Labs Forum

Bigger variety of ammo

Hello,

there are only ammo like classic balls, chain ball, canister shot.

But there should be more types of ammo with different materials and different specs, like:

• For can ball you could add:
    • French chain shot
    • Bar shot
  • For classic balls you could add for example heated ball (bigger chance to set a ship on fire, but for example longer reload time, because you have to heat it).
  • For canister shot you could add cutlery, you know as extreme case.

And different materials for ammo, I think in Age of Sail, there was different types of cannonballs, like from different materials, so different materials could have different specs, like bigger damage but lower range, etc..

And of course, for all non-standart / classic ammo you would have to carry them in hold, for example if I will carry 100x Heavy Iron Balls, then I could fire only 100x that Heavy Iron Balls in match, then after it, I would have to switch to different ammo.

Forget it.  there are enough real problems that need to be fixed.  Adding some special munitions would not really add any quality to the game.  With regards to heated shot, which was commonly used in the age of sail, it was ONLY used by shore batteries.  While adding heated shot to the game would be realistic, it would make Port Battles impossible, for no wooden ship can survive within the range of a heated shot battery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Forget it.  there are enough real problems that need to be fixed.  Adding some special munitions would not really add any quality to the game.  With regards to heated shot, which was commonly used in the age of sail, it was ONLY used by shore batteries.  While adding heated shot to the game would be realistic, it would make Port Battles impossible, for no wooden ship can survive within the range of a heated shot battery.

well at least we would have seen big kaboemba s  and flying dutchman's every where :) 

Edited by Thonys

51 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't say that heated ammo must be here, but in Age of Sail there was a lot of different other ammonutions, so ammonutions in this game is quite por right now.

And what do you mean by real problems? I am very new here, I played it only for some hours, but I played other games like PotBs, but I like NA yet :)

14 minutes ago, tomsk said:

And what do you mean by real problems? I am very new here, I played it only for some hours, but I played other games like PotBs, but I like NA yet :)

Just read through the subject matter on these forums.....ROE, overpowered AI, Player retention, etc.  While choice of ammo is pretty vanilla, choice of guns can be very interesting and drives your fighting strategy. 

@Snoopy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_artillery_in_the_Age_of_Sail

1860 HMS Warrior fitted with molten shells

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cannon_projectiles

https://books.google.com.hk/books?id=3j8FAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA1&dq=New+Principles+in+Gunnery&as_brr=1&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=New%20Principles%20in%20Gunnery&f=false

There is an Aussie site as well but can’t remember it.

The Game, adding Rockets or other minor inventions for the age won’t play well in my opinion. Balance and accuracy. Carcass shot would be like Grape, spider like chain and so on…

One thing that I think would benefit the Game is a BRONZE cannon mechanic. This with all the additional build costs to balance it out…

Norfolk

Just now, tomsk said:

But they can have different specs :)

True, but it goes back to 'what do you want the Devs to focus on'?  Different ammunitions that have a minor variance in specs or fixing real problems and providing real content. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

True, but it goes back to 'what do you want the Devs to focus on'?  Different ammunitions that have a minor variance in specs or fixing real problems and providing real content. 

As I said, I am new here so I don't know about problems much, I just post suggestion which can make game a little bit better :) Yea different ammo is not important, but it can make battles little more varied :) I am not saying that devs have to focus on this feature, but I want to just tell my opinions and suggestions and I hope that in future they will be implemented. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomsk said:

As I said, I am new here so I don't know about problems much, I just post suggestion which can make game a little bit better :) Yea different ammo is not important, but it can make battles little more varied :) I am not saying that devs have to focus on this feature, but I want to just tell my opinions and suggestions and I hope that in future they will be implemented. :)

As a new player, you could give valuable input into the "new player experience" in this game.  Start a new thread on that and tell us what you feel is needed to make life liveable in the open world.  (not on this thread please).  Are you getting murdered constantly?  How is ranking up?  Acquiring money and ships?  tutorials?  Stuff like that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

As a new player, you could give valuable input into the "new player experience" in this game.  Start a new thread on that and tell us what you feel is needed to make life liveable in the open world.  (not on this thread please).  Are you getting murdered constantly?  How is ranking up?  Acquiring money and ships?  tutorials?  Stuff like that. 

Okey :) and I just forgot to mention, that different ammo doesn't make only battles more varied, but it changes economy little bit too, because there will be new craftable items for crafters.. etc :)

Edited by tomsk