Game-Labs Forum

Requin refund

after the wipe, you introduced a new value on sails that is ''spankers'' .  LRQ lives of spankers so you introduced this new value only for this ship due to excessive complaints on forum by players who got boarded by Requin user , trying to solve their problem of gettin boarded nerfing the hunter.

so, you nerfed already Pirate rig refit and Elite Pirate rig Refit from 20% to 10% (i'll talk only about the Elite from now), but it wasn't enought cause players still got boarded by Requin...instead running downwind and exit easily from battle...

then you intruduced a little nerf to turning of many ship but the % of the nerf had more influence on 6-7th rates than 4-5th...so requin has been again nerfed also in turning.

now Elite Pirate has this new bonus that is Spankers Power 5%, main sails -20% , jib sails + 20% but it was a NERF cause requin has been nerfed now from 20% of Jib to 5% of spankers...so u totally deleted your own DLC.

now requin is useless for everything, also for hunting trader with basic Prot Bonus due to it's max power to sails of 5% and no more 20%. 

but LRQ isn't a multirole ship as Hercules Pandora or Rattvisan...she is only a boarder and a fast runner upwind due to it's sailing profile and original project in Real life. Hercules can still be used somewhere as a replacement of any square sails ships, like pandora and Rattvisan is an ''cheap'' 4th rate that can be used somewhere still in PVP.

requin is dead, somtimes it's not good enough to do some PVE also.

so, cause i bought the ship to use it as it was created for , raider (boarding and escaping), i ask  a refund of the DLC due to it's lost playability or you must introduce a big Buff to spankers or remove the new value ''spankers'' to let LRQ owner to use it VS new port bonus ships.

thanks

• Like 4

I don't see a problem here if these nerfs affect other ships all the same. The requin was and still is an annoying ship to fight against. I considered them to be OP. Not everyone would agree with that, but I think most would agree that it wasn't balanced.

Just now, Latron said:

I don't see a problem here if these nerfs affect other ships all the same. The requin was and still is an annoying ship to fight against. I considered them to be OP. Not everyone would agree with that, but I think most would agree that it wasn't balanced.

the nerf doesn' t affect other ships because other ships have ''jibs'' ''main sails'' and ''spankers'', requin has only ''spankers'' so she cannot use the bonus to ''jibs''...other ships can instead

41 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

i asked seriously a refund due to progressive nerf. nothing toxic or strange about that. i payed for something that cannot be used anymore, so i ask a refund

did any of the steam values change? No? So why asked for a refund? Or was the mod included?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, z4ys said:

did any of the steam values change? No? So why asked for a refund? Or was the mod included?

the value of the ship yes, turning and speed

and the value of game HP damages changed so requin looks like nerfed even if she has same HP amount and cannot take anymore same damages of before so he has to escape but if it's performances has been dminished it can't anymore.

as said before, requin got nerfed a little but the game around it has changed too much so the result is an overall nerf for requin

20 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Because what was purchased no longer exists. Minor changes and balances are ok but when the entire reason you purchased something becomes extinct than a refund applies. 

Take a look at what happened to the Hercules. Originally it was a fairly decent ship, now it is the weakest 5th rate in the game, even a live oak/white oak version is still weaker hull wise than any other 5th rate. While I may dislike the whole PTW concept it does exist in a multitude of games. But when what was purchased is suddenly ripped to pieces to the point that redeemable ship is worth nothing more than minor parts or a few coins than it is no longer fulfilling the reason for it's purchase.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, huliotkd said:

after the wipe, you introduced a new value on sails that is ''spankers''

This will help you

There was no introduction of any values on any sail after the wipe. 

Topic locked.

Kind reminder

1. Developers have all the rights to change any values in the game and will do so if needed. 
  2. Players spreading false information posting clear fabrications (like spanker curves were changed after the wipe - which is a lie) will get banned both in game or on forums
  • Like 10