Game-Labs Forum

Very frustrating early game

SlightlyOff

Normal difficulty start. On day 1, a four man squad walks directly into my village and kills everyone. Not on a road. I was out getting wood for a few more arrows. I was able to kill three of them after they slaughtered all of my weaponless day 1 warriors, but ran out of arrows since I only had wooden arrows and I'm am not very skilled yet. Please tell me this will be patched soon.

Also, please make the tutorial toggle-able. soon. very soon. for the love of god, soon... Right now, I'm having to restart games hoping for a village that won't be walked in on by enemy squads. And it's a sputtering stream of profanity towards the game as I keep having the tutorial pop up at very inconvenient times... such as taking that first arrow shot and then losing my aim because I have to click closed a box while I'm trying to down someone before they empty a shotgun in my face. At this point it feels like the person was suffering flashbacks of chinese water torture when working on the tutorial.

Alright...complaints aside, I am enjoying myself overall. Obviously the issues above took a little while to get to this point of frustration. I think you have a solid concept here and am looking forward to seeing how you flesh this out.

• Like 1

I've experienced your frustrations and also think a toggle for the tutorial would be handy. Believe me though it's much better than used to be!! As far as didn't by patrols early game. The npc agro's to sound from up to for hinted meters away. So if a payroll is passing by on a road and there's sounds, they will check it out. It's best to clear a regional already then several reasons around yours. Also if you've started on hard or insane modes you've seen yourself up for a very aggressive gameplay. If you're killing more than intimidating, the ai will also be on high alert and their aggro probability and distance will be significantly higher. 

- CK Generations

I have had a few frustrating games. The one thing that bugs me is the gatherers getting killed so easily. They need too try and avoid camps. i was trying to take out a camp, and 1 of my gatherers came running in firing arrows at 5 guys. He started it. He had no chance, and was killed in couple of shots.

• Like 1

I have to many patrols on every camp,  it's impossible to take the camp out with killing to many.  I have really good karma and I have just over 6% of my land. Just to many patrols running from one camp to another.  Also they know where I am if I'm close..  It's like I have bad karma but I know I have just killed one guy over probably 100 or more that I intimidated.

Edited by tok

9 hours ago, tok said:

I have to many patrols on every camp,  it's impossible to take the camp out with killing to many.  I have really good karma and I have just over 6% of my land. Just to many patrols running from one camp to another.  Also they know where I am if I'm close..  It's like I have bad karma but I know I have just killed one guy over probably 100 or more that I intimidated.

why don`t you use wolves or bears for help? you can create baits! Also Traps. It is a stealth game but not Assassins Creed (the one man army)

2 hours ago, dragonsblade71uk said:

I tried that trick (Using meat bait), after seeing it on a stream, but all it did was get me mauled by bears or wolves, even after I moved well away from the bait. 

I`m not going to do that again!

well then we need to address that to the developers. I didn`t use it yet (meat bait) my Ancestor Bow is a big help. 🙂 but traps yes. They are very helpful.

Edited by italianmarine

I feel it's important for a game like this to try to get out information about it regardless of not all the features, etc being set in stone. There is a reason that I made a post about this instead of using the discord access I was given with the founder's pack. Now, I can completely understand mistaking me for one of those unreasonable asses that you find on game forums... I did express my frustration in a decidedly ranting fashion. But I think it's still important to be out there in text format so I'll try to answer my own questions for anyone reading this post later.

I did read some comments on by people that have been playing this for a while that recent builds seem to start with more enemies around them than in past builds. I'm sure this is something that will ebb back and forth as game is developed. My frustration came from not being very good, being new to the mechanics, etc. The squad walking in and killing my village on the first day only happened once and it was just bad rng. Sometimes that is just what's going to happen when you have different starting points. That's also what adds a lot to replayability.

Secondly, I was watching a Let's Play and there is a toggle planned for the tutorial. Honestly, it's less of an issue now that I am now not restarting often.

In my current game, I have 12 villages and a bunch of warriors. Basically, I became Red Genghis and tried to slaughter everyone close to me while expanding to spread out and get more vision. I admit that I pretty much did everything myself at the beginning and didn't even send out people to gather until I had cleared the enemy towns from their area. With most of the area clear, I reset my karma using the chief skill and try to only intimidate. The positive karma is helping me start to actually get warriors to join me and filling up those villages.

10 hours ago, dragonsblade71uk said:

I tried that trick (Using meat bait), after seeing it on a stream, but all it did was get me mauled by bears or wolves, even after I moved well away from the bait. 

I`m not going to do that again!

Use the "Puffball Pulpy Mash" so that animals can't detect you.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Idea of this game it still needs a lot of work but I'm sure that will happen. The karma system should be removed just keep the more SP for intimidating them and less for killing them. The land that the settlers grab should be cut to 1/8 of what it is or have a easy mode that has that in it so people can get there feet wet before jumping into the deep end of the pool. I know the Devs are looking at the sniper shot guns so that should get fixed. There should be a option to save without resting because every time I save/rest the settlers grab more land and with the crashes the game has now you need to save a lot or you have to redo all you have done. I'm sorry to say that most people will not like the way the game plays out now. I think the Devs are making this game to sell and in this fast pace world people are not going to like taking 3 hours to take out one camp and the settlers take a another 10% more land I like games that make you think and I have the time to do it but they are not selling the game to me I already have it the (founders pack). I really want to see this game make a good showing and be one of the greatest game ever made and I think it can be. I really like this game a lot but again I'm not the one there selling to. Keep up the great work Dev and good luck balancing everthing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitkika said:

The game don't start till the settlers have all the land. Before that is just tutorial/warm up.

good news. i expected something along those lines. i expect a bloodbath soon, then. ooops. 😅

Edited by znôrt

10 minutes ago, chitkika said:

wow, min 1-3 has to be the most stupid gameplay i could possibly imagine for this game.

so you're suprised by a patrol, stun a dozen guys right on the spot, surviving with some magic decoction, then send them away one by one. yeah, good karma. this is completely broken :D 

no, thanks. i'll play my way. 😉

37 minutes ago, chitkika said:

I guess the game isn't for everyone then. But all the best, I hope you can find something you like.

no worries, i already did. i'm more than fine with the game, and nobody is forcing me into that kind of silliness.

now seriously, do you really like that sort of thing?