Game-Labs Forum

Ship notes too heavy to take home.

Tom Farseer

As we were hunting along the northern coast of Cuba we saw an Elite AI Surprise, so figured might as well take that note with us. Unfortunately after killing it we found that the ship note it carried weighs a whopping 500! So without throwing overboard all repairs and possibly some guns too my little Trincomalee was unable to take home it's prize. (Attached Bug report: NAB-90736)

SO unless you only go to hunt Elite AI in excessively large ships (taking away what challenge they pose) or Traders (making it really hard) you have no choice but to see your reward go to the bottom of the ocean. That should probably adjusted. I am not against making them somewhat heavy altogether. But even a heavy frigate being fully overloaded is a bit too much, don't you think?

Edited by Tom Farseer
added tags
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

As we were hunting along the northern coast of Cuba we saw an Elite AI Surprise, so figured might as well take that note with us. Unfortunately after killing it we found that the ship note it carried weighs a whopping 500! So without throwing overboard all repairs and possibly some guns too my little Trincomalee was unable to take home it's prize. (Attached Bug report: NAB-90736)

SO unless you only go to hunt Elite AI in excessively large ships (taking away what challenge they pose) or Traders (making it really hard) you have no choice but to see your reward go to the bottom of the ocean. That should probably adjusted. I am not against making them somewhat heavy altogether. But even a heavy frigate being fully overloaded is a bit too much, don't you think?

It is totally broken ! Should 1/3rd of at least half the weight of what they are now. They should be different from normal ship notes at port, or can turn into higher weight when you reach a port.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I fail to understand why we shouldn't just have to capture the ship and sail it home instead of fiddling around with these silly notes. Just make all elite ships capturable (including line ships) and wipe your hands of this silliness.

+1

But why not make ALL SHIPS CAPTURABLE? The standard ones are worth nothing anyways. 

Edited by van Veen
  • Like 2