Game-Labs Forum

the biggest ports

Thonys

a question

i have seen that a full  ship upgrade (4) is a total of 10 points (x5 =50 points)

are there bigger ports than 45 points ??

and if they exist... where are they situated.. and why!

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

a question

i have seen that a full  ship upgrade (4) is a total of 10 points (x5 =50 points)

are there bigger ports than 45 points ??

and if they exist... where are they situated.. and why!

yes , 55 and they are all Russian and 1 prussian.

Santiago de cuba, santo domingo, vera cruz, nouvelle orleans, nassau and san juan

1 minute ago, huliotkd said:

yes , 55 and they are all Russian and 1 prussian.

Santiago de cuba, santo domingo, vera cruz, nouvelle orleans, nassau and san juan

Yes, and in the current system, I feel like they will always fall to the nations with no capitols (at least initially).  The other nations will have a tendency to secure their own borders first

• Like 3

Working as intended.

Devs are strange people indeed. Boosted skill level with unlimited repairs, crazy upgrades, mod stacking, golden ships ect for quite a long time "to able to cope with zerg I guess."

As Russia become the new zerg, they decided to boost zerg now.

I am not saying they did it intentionally...

• Like 7

While I think it's garbage that basically one nation owns all the best ports (maybe we, as a server, should get together to do something about that) It's getting a but old that anytime the Russians win at literally anything, it's because the Devs (who are Ukrainian) helped them. This is getting to tin foil hat levels. 

• Like 1

Just now, Galt said:

While I think it's garbage that basically one nation owns all the best ports (maybe we, as a server, should get together to do something about that) It's getting a but old that anytime the Russians win at literally anything, it's because the Devs (who are Ukrainian) helped them. This is getting to tin foil hat levels. 

Concur, but the fact remains that there is a Zerg and they can take whatever they want.  Game mechanics should exert some control and at the moment they don't.  Part of that is because we all had our legacy ships and resources, so that will change with a full wipe.  I think that there should be a Major port (all mod cons) at a convenient spot near every capitol and that all nations should have a capitol.  After that, let nature take it's course.

• Like 1

I feel like the positioning is kinda good though, it's an attempt to spread people around the map. Although, I think that you should have the option to level up your port which would increase the port points. Capitals can be up to 55, minor ports up to 45, and shallows up to 35. 

Just now, van der Decken said:

Where did you guys find info on these 55 point ports? Is this how the Russians/Prussians knew so fast which ones to take?

https://na-map.netlify.com/
This map tells you what ports have what points. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Galt said:

I feel like the positioning is kinda good though, it's an attempt to spread people around the map. Although, I think that you should have the option to level up your port which would increase the port points. Capitals can be up to 55, minor ports up to 45, and shallows up to 35. 

I agree that something should be done so that all nations have a chance at a 55 pointer.  I never like to see a multi tier advantage where the most powerful can get even stronger.  One or two nations with control of the most powerful ports cannot be good for the game.  (here comes a controversial idea....) What if only national capitols were 55 point ports?  #makehardcorenationshardcoreagain

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

What if only national capitols were 55 point ports?  #makehardcorenationshardcoreagain

I can definitely get behind this now that the reinforcement zone is gone but I think this brings the big problem of every clan just crafting all their best ships in a port that no one can touch. Make capitals subject to raids and it's a different store entirely...