Game-Labs Forum

I'd like to see an option to purchase additional ship tows. I certainly appreciate the current free daily one and that has been a great help in avoiding unproductive game time. I would like to see this as a permit available from the Admiralty for a substantial cost in doubloons or marks. I'd suggest something like 10000 dubs, 1 Victory mark or 5 Combat Medals. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Zorg the Merciless said:

I'd like to see an option to purchase additional ship tows. I certainly appreciate the current free daily one and that has been a great help in avoiding unproductive game time. I would like to see this as a permit available from the Admiralty for a substantial cost in doubloons or marks. I'd suggest something like 10000 dubs, 1 Victory mark or 5 Combat Medals. 

I would support something like this if the price for purchasing a tow was set at a high yet reasonable price to where both a hardcore and casual player would actually have to take time to consider purchasing rather than just purchasing and easily being able to recover from the cost in just a few minutes and hours. 

Edited by Velhelm Von Marrius

This type of issue seems to be one of the constant conflicts as they are developing the game. On one hand they say they want more easy access PvP then on the other hand they restrict access to such PvP by hiding ships behind RNG permits, restricting access to rare woods and restricting tows so it is more difficult to get ships to where you need them. Then they add in DLC ships that circumvent most of those restrictions. 

If you are a player who cannot afford DLC ships you are restricted to where you can craft ships as not many players will have multiple shipyards. So you set up your ship yard in some port and then you have to gather resources to build ships. So you build a ship you want to sail and off you go to battle at some area far away from your shipyard and you are unlucky and you lose that ship. To carry on fighting in that area you now have to go and craft another ship and get it to that area but you have probably already used your tow for the day, so you face a long sail to get there. Now on the other side the DLC player gets to the area he wants to fight in and magically summons his ship built in the exact woods he wants and he is ready to fight. Okay if he loses it he has to wait 24 hours to summon it again, but he has other options with other DLC ships and as more DLC ships are introduced the more options he has.

This is why they need to bring back unlimited tows to the game, without a huge cost implication, so that people can get their ships to where the action is quickly just like the DLC owners can.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zorg the Merciless said:

been asked for before and is likely to appear at some point IMHO

I would rather it was  in game currency mind and not stuck behind a paywall

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zorg the Merciless said:

Great idea. It should be sold in the way labor hours are sold ingame.

• Like 1

There's an argument to be made. Say there's pvp content an hours sail away. What would work better, a tow to get to combat right away, or sailing an hour with the risk of content otw? I'm in favor for the former, I can tow many ships right to the action, getting ganked otw is not satisfying for me neither is the hour sail. I guess the question would be how often does someone decide to not take the sail in lack of tows? Only one of these has the potential for no content, so the answer is clearly tows over no tows in the case we already get one tow, as long as the tow is prices to reflect the strategic advantage and not a pay2win thing like other dlc 

Edited by Slim McSauce