Game-Labs Forum

Stop Manipulating Us Like We Are Stupid Children

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

May I ask what nation you play in?  Pirate maybe cause of your flag?  You should take a look around other nations capitals.  From pass experience I rarely saw PvP marks sold in CT for the US cause most the time they are being sunk not winning fights.

I play spanish. And I look for shit I need at LT. 

Try it guys.

And in the passed I always found pvp marks, LT.. aves.. Tumbado .. you name it. Don't expect find everything you need in your capital.

Edited by Costa de Castilla

This whole thread is just an insult to everyone who actually put in an effort.

Just a bunch of whining -  I can't do this, i can't do that.

Casual or non-casual, - Yes. You. Can, and it ain't that frigging hard.

/ Fair winds

7 minutes ago, Costa de Castilla said:

/ Fair winds

Point is not if we "can" or "cannot" do this and that, rafher if we have fun in doing this and that... since, you know, it's not a "frigging" work or professional sport... it's a "frigging" game!

Anyway ... fair wind to you as well

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, victor said:

Point is not if we "can" or "cannot" do this and that, rafher if we have fun in doing this and that... since, you know, it's not a "frigging" work or professional sport... it's a "frigging" game!

Anyway ... fair wind to you as well

If someone says you can't, and I know you can... then I say you can. 

If someone says it's not fun to do that. Then I say nothing because it's his/her opinion.

P.s

Thanks for clarifying that this neither is work or a sport, a game you say?... how could I have missed.

2 hours ago, Bull Hull said:

Costa de Castilla said:

"Maybe a clan player with 12 hours/day playtime can afford loosing 3 ships/day, but my fleet would be completely destroyed. Maybe I can afford loosing 1 ship/week.

Sorry Captain but that's the reality, alone is not always strong.:), especially in Naval Action."

I don't know from where that quote came but it didn't come from me nor anyone who posted before your comment.  So, how is this relevant?

I didn't quote anyone. That was a statement. Duh..

23 minutes ago, Costa de Castilla said:

IThanks for clarifying that this neither is work or a sport, a game you say?... how could I have missed.

read once more what you usually write in the forum and you will have some clue

2 hours ago, Costa de Castilla said:

I play spanish. And I look for shit I need at LT. 

Try it guys.

And in the passed I always found pvp marks, LT.. aves.. Tumbado .. you name it. Don't expect find everything you need in your capital.

Oh I know that, but most casuals don't have ports all over the place and stay close to home ports.  I got over 9K hours in this game with 5 alts.  I get myself other ways, but I play me chars like a small clan and look at the game from how the average player would play it.  Not how we would play it.  

So even you are admitting things aren't in the capitals.  So how are you expecting some one that only plays a couple hours a day or week to run all over the place to get things that should be readily in the capital?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh I know that, but most casuals don't have ports all over the place and stay close to home ports.  I got over 9K hours in this game with 5 alts.  I get myself other ways, but I play me chars like a small clan and look at the game from how the average player would play it.  Not how we would play it.  

So even you are admitting things aren't in the capitals.  So how are you expecting some one that only plays a couple hours a day or week to run all over the place to get things that should be readily in the capital?

Yes, for some nations things aren't in the Capitals. But you don't need outpost all over the map, only need 1 at a frequently visited port, like La Tortue (which is trade center of the entire map).

Teleporting to one of those "outposts" to do some exchange of reals/dubloons, combat medals etc doesn't take that long. 

But if you are going to "lock" yourself in a corner of the map and then cry you can't get any ship anytime you want is just silly and OP (and others) are completely

exaggerating the difficulty in aquiring ships and devs "hatred" towards the casual player. 

7 hours ago, Costa de Castilla said:

You can capture ship

yes, I can, but until a fifth class. And if you get fir, bermuda, mahogany and no planking to see how hard doing PvP with players who do carry boats for PvP.

you can craft it

Without permits I cannot craft it.

You can buy it from store

Seriously? You know better than anyone that people carry boats well prepared for PvP and a boat from the store is not.

you can ask someone to build it...

True. And if you do not have a clan you have to pay millions for a PvP ship. And then you have a player who only does trade for weeks to get those millions for that boat.

Is all this necessary when maintaining the permits in doubloons we all benefit?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

yes, I can, but until a fifth class. And if you get fir, bermuda, mahogany and no planking to see how hard doing PvP with players who do carry boats for PvP.

Still an option for quick/casual pvp, plenty of players do it.

Without permits I cannot craft it.

Permit you can get and I wrote how.

Seriously? You know better than anyone that people carry boats well prepared for PvP and a boat from the store is not.

Maybe not at Charlestown, make outpost at LT, plenty of pvp worthy ships all the time, and they don't cost millions.

True. And if you do not have a clan you have to pay millions for a PvP ship. And then you have a player who only does trade for weeks to get those millions for that boat.

Is all this necessary when maintaining the permits in doubloons we all benefit? 

You do not pay millions for pvp ships. (Unless you have to roll with purple/gold ones).

Hi Bull Hull you are 100 % correct with your comments I have played this game since 2016 and watched it slowly go down hill ..I have hung in hoping the devs will listen to the silent Majority not the vocal minority ..Today only 100 players on it is now pve and those numbers will still drop most of my Clan have stopped playing bar 2 but only play a few hrs a week ..having got over 8000 hrs playing time I think I can voice an opinion ..  I am not a good PVP player  only average or below but do  enjoy from time to time .  I liked the crafting  trading   pve and pvp  but now it has started to get boring I turn navel action on and sit there thinking what shall I do ..Before it would be getting into some crafting trading. if there was some pvp jump into that some days it was non stop always something to do.. The game should be based around 7 hrs playing time as this is probably all someone has to play who have girlfriend kids or job. you cant tell me there is more pvp now than before ..we pvp in first rates 2nd and 3rd I remember enemy players outside KPR 20 ships waiting for us to get numbers great fun.... now all it seems that happens is DLC  ...this is not say I dislike the DLC I bought them but they have changed the game for the worst … Books the Devs say Books will stay this of course will only help the hard cor gankers in all nations  it will only be a few hrs after the wipe there will be gankers outside kpr .. .. I dont know if I want  again build ships level up crafting and xp it seems a boring hard slog now.. I like lots of other players go and play something  else ..I have had a great time on Navel Action met some some great mates from all nations ..Got my moneys worth many times over have tried to buy most DLC ….Everybody can voice there opinion some don't like what I have said but is is my opinion         AS I RESPECT YOURS...……... Adrian Cairns Clan Leader AHOY

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Costa de Castilla said:

/ Fair winds

Just a bunch of whining?  Seriously?  Your definition of whining is drastically different from mine.  Nice try with that lame genetic fallacy to fabricate a lame straw man and lame red herring that totally misses/avoids the real issue.

19 hours ago, Costa de Castilla said:

I didn't quote anyone. That was a statement. Duh..

The thing is, when you say in the very next statement (i.e. immediately after the relevant bold-type statement"  "Sorry Captain but that's the reality, alone is not always strong.:), especially in Naval Action" you are in fact IMPLYING that your bold-text statement is a quote or paraphrase of a comment from another person.  Also, the bold type implies that your statement is a very important statement relative to the CONTEXT of the discussion and the CONTEXT of something someone else posted up to that point.  However, NOBODY had said any such thing nor brought up that topic prior to the relevant post from you.  In other words, your statement APPEARS to quote or paraphrase another captain and it is totally irrelevant to everything that had been posted up to that point.  Thus that statement seems rather pointless.

20 hours ago, Costa de Castilla said:

If someone says you can't, and I know you can... then I say you can. 

If someone says it's not fun to do that. Then I say nothing because it's his/her opinion.

P.s

Thanks for clarifying that this neither is work or a sport, a game you say?... how could I have missed.

Ah, WRONG.  Just because YOU can do something that does not necessarily mean everyone else can do the same thing.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  That really depends upon what that specific something is.

19 hours ago, Costa de Castilla said:

But if you are going to "lock" yourself in a corner of the map and then cry you can't get any ship anytime you want is just silly and OP (and others) are completely

exaggerating the difficulty in aquiring ships and devs "hatred" towards the casual player. 

In other words, the best you can manage is to use lame stereotypes and lame ad hominem attacks to rationalize what you wish to believe so you can reactively reject ideas and opinions that differ from yours.

13 minutes ago, Bull Hull said:

In other words, the best you can manage is to use lame stereotypes and lame ad hominem attacks to rationalize what you wish to believe so you can reactively reject ideas and opinions that differ from yours.

No disrespect meant sir, but you named your own thread in that fashion, with stereotypes, patronising, and veiled injury.

image.png.180b4a30b98254d763e03764d5c93e02.png

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

No disrespect meant sir, but you named your own thread in that fashion, with stereotypes, patronising, and veiled injury.

image.png.180b4a30b98254d763e03764d5c93e02.png

EXACTLY how is the subject line for my thread not accurate?  Do really you not find their manipulation insulting?  Do you really not find it insulting that the developers treat us like we are stupid children who they need to manipulate?  Are you REALLY so blind to how the developers are manipulating us?  Are you REALLY so blind to how the developers are treating us like stupid children who need to be manipulated?  Are your REALLY so blind to how the developers think a lot of players play the game wrong by playing the game in a way that is different from how the developers think we should play it?  And so as if we are stupid children who need manipulation they manipulate us into playing how THEY think we should play instead of empowering us to play the game how we want to play.  Granted, the players who want to play the same way the developers are manipulating us to play either don't care about the manipulation or they love it because of how that manipulation benefits them but not everyone else.  Or do you just go with their party line because you are a moderator?

Obviously the developers understand little if anything about customer satisfaction.  Obviously the developers understand little if anything about highly effective leadership.

And just in case your comment is a veiled reference to something other than the subject line for the thread:

EXACTLY what stereotypes have I used?  In other words, your rational explanation to support that empty claim is what?

EXACTLY what patronizing language have I used?  In other words, your rational explanation to support that empty claim is what?  You do understand that the nonverbal cues that usually express patronizing are absent from written communication, right?

EXACTLY how am I veiling any injury?  In other words, your rational explanation to support that empty claim is what?

You do understand that it is impossible to accurately, factually, and truthfully describe the nature of a comment and/or poor reasoning without implying something, intentionally or not, about the commenter, right?  The fact/truth/reality is that when someone uses one or more fallacies as the foundation for the reasoning behind their comment then that necessarily means their thinking/reasoning is at least weak if not poor and their argument is weak and thus is lacking in any credibility.

If you know a way to accurately, factually, and truthfully describe the nature of a comment without implying something about the commenter then please share, I'm all eyes.  Until then, I will continue to bluntly, factually, and truthfully call it exactly how I see it just like any competent umpire or referee.

Edited by Bull Hull