Game-Labs Forum

Patch 30: Localization and languages feedback

Captains.

Patch 30 adds official localization.

• Localization is not 100% complete as new content has been added over last 1.5 months. It will be complete in the next 30 days. 
  • There are some known issues with localization that we will fix together. Some translations are great, but as it was done by the outside firm - there are some "lost in translation" issues and maybe typos. They will be fixed.
  • We plan to also coordinate community translation teams as well to make the translation better.
  • Official translation custom files will be added to lang pack so community translators can improve it for everyone if needed.

Please report localization issues and concerns in this topic.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, admin said:

There is no final decision on the ranks or how they will be distributed.
If new ranks happen they will be added above the current rank increasing the number of total ranks.
Missing ranks based on the table of ranks
Vice- Admiral
Admiral
Admiral of the Fleet
Sea Lord
Lord of the Admiralty.

If ranks were to be reworked and extended, may I suggest, for the French translation, a NA thread in the French subforum and especially @Surcouf 's two great posts about French ranks that may help to add new translated ranks :

1) French ranks between 1675 - 1785 and after 1785 :

2) French ranks in 1780 :

Unbenannt2.png#

Thats a Kursdreieck (current ingame translation of protractor)

unknown.png

Thats what we have actual ingame is called "Kurs Rose" or "Kompass Rose" 

kompassrose_20360_1_600x600.jpg

• KW for BR looks really odd. KW is translated in germany to week number or Kilowatt. In my opinion it should stay BR and kriegswertung should only be used when written out.

Then regarding hitpoints.

• The first entry is called seiten (eng= sides) Actual i would translate it to "rumpf". In the other hand whats now translated to "rumpf" should be called "Hüllenintegrität"

image.thumb.png.661dc8de6e094b894519c11b56d94652.png

• Teilnehmen should be "Beitreten"
  • Offene-Welt-Kampf sounds odd as well. "Gefechts Instanz" might be better.

image.png.f6b5a12ea6c4ea55545500c78b09582f.png

• Sealed bottle is translated to "verkorkte flasche" in my opinion Flaschenpost would fit better
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Unbenannt2.png#

Thats a Kursdreieck (current ingame translation of protractor)

unknown.png

Thats what we have actual ingame is called "Kurs Rose" or "Kompass Rose" 

kompassrose_20360_1_600x600.jpg

• KW for BR looks really odd. KW is translated in germany to week number or Kilowatt. In my opinion it should stay BR and kriegswertung should only be used when written out.

Then regarding hitpoints.

• The first entry is called seiten (eng= sides) Actual i would translate it to "rumpf". In the other hand whats now translated to "rumpf" should be called "Hüllenintegrität"

image.thumb.png.661dc8de6e094b894519c11b56d94652.png

• Teilnehmen should be "Beitreten"
  • Offene-Welt-Kampf sounds odd as well. "Gefechts Instanz" might be better.

image.png.f6b5a12ea6c4ea55545500c78b09582f.png

• Sealed bottle is translated to "verkorkte flasche" in my opinion Flaschenpost would fit better

they translated that with google translate. 

nobody says verkorkste flasche 🤣

i will post next days the translation mistakes

For the german translation the term "Kampf" for "Battle" is not wrong but "Gefecht" would be more fitting in my opinion. If you want to be more specific "Seegefecht", literally meaning "naval action" or "naval battle".

Kampf = conflict, struggle, fight, combat, battle

Gefecht = battle, encounter, engagement, [military] action, combat

"Kampf" can be used for two little boys hitting each other with sticks or two animals fighting, while "Gefecht" is exclusively used to describe military egagements.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

For german translation:

In battle on the skipper panel down left, there are "Skipper-Automatik" (that's fine) and "Skipper-Handbuch" what is absolutely wrong. "Manual" means turning sails manually, not doing it according the the ships manual^^

So please call it "Skipper manuell" or "Skipper auf Handbetrieb" . But "Handbuch" means a printed manual. Thanks