Game-Labs Forum

friendly sinking

This is a question on friendly fire and friendly sinking.

I was a player sink a friendly in combat news and asked the question if this is an exploit?  I got no answer and a long pause.  The Pirates long ago used to attack each other to rank up.  Now since you can loot a sunken ship I was asking if this was now an exploit to get both doubloons and upgrades off a ship you no longer want?  That is you give the ship to a buddy and sink him.  Then you move over and take the upgrades off your old ship and maybe get some doubloons as a bonus.

16 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

If you are sinking and board an enemy ship..If you win you get his ship and combat news says you sunk a friendly ship

If I may elaborate.. If you win the boarding and switch to the enemys ship, then combat news states you sunk a friendly ship..

Thank you for those comments but it does not answer.. Do you get doubloons and save your upgrades if you sink a friendly ship?   I am not talking about boarding.

The combat news says Such and Such country 1 player sank country 1 player.   No boarding.

Edited by angriff

Ship is sunk.

1 module might drop.

doubloons might drop.

But...

What can happen also is - I take over enemy ship after winning a boarding, switch to it and sink my own ship ( because is totally wrecked ). The Combat news will announce i sunk a player of my own nation.

Also accidents may happen.

I remember this particular instance when @CoolBreeze66 totally blasted my Mercury with his Niagara, beyond recovery, having mistaken me by an enemy AI during a hostility mission amidst the smoke of battle. ( was hilarious )

:) 

• Like 1

To recover a mod from a ship was/is used to delete unwanted mods, put her in fleet, engage a battle, stop the AI, inspect her, sink her. Recovering a random mod among... 1.

Now plus some doubloons.

Sometimes the was made with a friendly doing the same or directly sinking your ship.

BTW: could the above considered an exploit?

And if not, suggestion: why not always allow to recover 1 mod, choosen, from a ship BUT scrapping her?

Edited by Licinio Chiavari

IMO, if you give a ship that has a super special upgrade on it to a friend from another nation and you battle your friend in your old ship and sink it, then you loot it and get that same super special upgrade as a loot, I personally, would call that an exploit. I have no idea if it is possible, but I am certain @admin could answer this and make a decision.

19 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

IMO, if you give a ship that has a super special upgrade on it to a friend from another nation and you battle your friend in your old ship and sink it, then you loot it and get that same super special upgrade as a loot, I personally, would call that an exploit. I have no idea if it is possible, but I am certain @admin could answer this and make a decision.

On the other hand it sounds weird an enemy sinking me can get one of my mods... And I have zero ways to do the same scrapping the ship (that's allowed).

• Like 1

Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

On the other hand it sounds weird an enemy sinking me can get one of my mods... And I have zero ways to do the same scrapping the ship (that's allowed).

I've always said that you should be able to take portable mods (naval Clock, Muskets, etc) off of your ship any time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I've always said that you should be able to take portable mods (naval Clock, Muskets, etc) off of your ship any time.

Let's say.

When I scrap a ship I should get the usual random materials and I should be able to choose an installed mod to ne recovered.

The main part of investing a mod on a ship should stay.

No more complex in battle exploit, and a reasonable way to recover a single mod; not last because it could happen (same icons not the last reason and not to speak about hard Nerf/buffs to ships/mods) a player wrongly put it in the first place.