Game-Labs Forum

Training Assistance

Just running this up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes...... I've had a look in the Forums and can't see anything similar (though I did have 'man's look'). ;)

Whilst the vast number of people in this Community are very good at sailing their virtual ships, there are some of us who are perhaps not as dexterous as others. <Looks down at his feet and shuffles them awkwardly>

Yes, you are able to look at YouTube for inspiration and it does help, but knowing when to use manual sails, how to do so most effectively and other little tips gained whilst actually playing in real time would, I surmise, be advantageous to better game play in the long run for the entire Community.

Would it be a worthwhile consideration for some of the better players to tutor us lesser mortals?

I'm thinking of some type of system at set times so that people know when it may be possible for seeking assistance - and I do realise that the differing time zones may not make this feasible in any case.

I'm not suggesting something that is onerous on the Tutors and it certainly shouldn't be for more than short period of time.

Edited by Allegra

I think the best way to do this would be to go in to a duel room with someone and have them show you the ropes (literally, in some cases). If I'm on, I'd be happy to help.

A quick one, though: the only times to NOT use manual sails are:

1. When you need the most efficient forward speed.

2. When you're primary focus is shooting something.

In nearly every other situation, manual sails will be the better option. Turning, slowing, tacking, everything.

• Like 1

I can help with whatever you need help with cannon wise from type to ranging and what has worked for me strategy wise for killing larger vessels of if your outnumbered. Only been on a week but going to a Victory tomorrow. Have used manual very little no time to do that and set up firing lanes.

• Like 1

I assume many of the clans/teams/navies are setting up training programs for newer players - ours includes getting you going with TeamSpeak so as you sail in training situations a mentor can "whisper" in your ear the next move.

Very helpful indeed, we also have written material (online) that you can study for homework. Any member of The Decatur Armada will be happy to answer a question for you.

• Like 1

FWIW, the Sea Lords have members all over, and we play at various times of the day in our respective zones. I'm sure we're not the only clan to do so (just the only one I can speak for).

As an example, I'm on the American East Coast, but I've played more with the members in the UK and Spain lately than I have other Americans.

Given that the community is so small, I'm sure setting up duel/training can be done.

I'm sure if you ask nicely enough at any time there is bound to be someone willing to lend you a hand. Otherwise, just like the others, feel free to contact myself via the NA forums or ask away if you see me in-game. (Also, TS helps: especially since all battle chat fades away quickly and real time speech can be clearer)

This invitation extends to all players who are looking for guidance in game.

• Like 1