Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

on the pvp server if admins were to wipe it right now they would loose almost every pvper because ai will be everywhere u dont need to go after ports and neutrals spawn every nation fleets

i'm on the pve server atm seen british french dutch polish and swede first rate fleets sail past mortimer and no nearby nations all ports are neutral

where would be the incentive to pvp if this is what will happen to the pvp server

Edited by Ruby Rose

Just because its not easy does not mean that the game is bad, lets try this for a few weeks and see if we can create an in game solution.

And also... their are very few PVE purists on that server most people playing on PVP server

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

Maybe a good solution for paying Doubloons would be apply the cost only if actually SAIL AWAY from the different port than You  are "docked".

So we could jump a bit to look for missions, shopping, etc, and only if we decide to actually set sails from different port could be charged the fee?

• Like 1

In Prussia we are the majority of players, maybe a minority of all, but most of us Prussian players have to be creative to survive.

Let us set aside quarrels and difficult speech, let us build a great game for all players, and do it together.

there is naval action legends for those that want less.

Sail safe and sail well.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

Is it just me or is it a lot less expensive to build ships now... ?

I was ready in like 1.5 hours to get full scale production going, will this hurt the economy or allow a devaluation of the economy and cause items to sell for less in the end... this is very interesting , I look forward to seeing how this all unfolds. Lets give time to actually run the trade engine for a while, say a couple or three weeks before hanging the system.

1 minute ago, LIONOFWALES said:

To Ruby Rose,

Are these players used to making all their ingame credits through fleet destruction?

Lets bolster the economy and build it with trade.

Lets give it a go and a chance to work for a few weeks.

these players made most of their economy thru pvp and pve combat i belong to SOL we are a pvp clan

48 minutes ago, admin said:

There will be conquest missions and orders to take out clan based ports and operations after localization which will reward players for ports and give special things for pvp. It was discussed quite a while ago. You are looking at the unfinished product.

Now in terms of sailing to enemy ports our design vision is now set.

• War server: adrenaline, risk (much bigger risk), excitement
  • Peace server: calm, tranquility and relaxation

Peace server does not force you to hunt ai in the enemy territory due to neutral ports you can hunt them everywhere in peace and calm.
If you don't like "much bigger risk" move to the Peace server. War server means - action is in enemy waters or being in defence fleet revenge ***nking bastards in your home waters.

hahahahaha u know the moment the pvp server wipes it will be a pve server, every port will be neutral ai will spawn everywhere for every nation and ur vision to do clan battles will mean nothing, ur vision of a pvp server will be non existent, this patch destroyed pvp for the foreseeable future, there is no reason to pvp now that ai give the marks that can purchase pvp rewards, u effectively made pvp obsolete, 

Not sure if it's intended or not, but moving any crew at all onto a captured ship completely negates rewards for defeating it, even if you sink it afterwards. I could be wrong but I don't recall that being the case before; I assume it's a side effect of the in-battle changes to ship capture? Sinking immediately after capture grants kill/assists, sinking after moving crew does not.

On another note, it seems that the search/destroy and hunt missions require you to get the kill itself; assists do not count towards mission completion. This made it less appealing to go hunting with a clan fleet. Is this intended?

EDIT: Also, we were having trouble with some of the later kill missions. A 2nd rate mission (to kill a 1st rate) spawned one NPC victory for each person we brought, regardless of their ship, which seemed a little much.

Edited by TheHaney

1 minute ago, RKY said:

What do you know of pvp? stats shows clearly sol is pve clan. not get a topic to whiny whiny and keep this feedback economy post free of your off topic discussion.

hahahaha pve clan are u sure considering were UWS from the pvp server we moved to britian and took most of guatemala from the US not to mention killing alot of players from long before going brit, so u might want to get ur facts straight before calling a pvp clan pve

7 minutes ago, RKY said:

blablabla get on topic or go back kill ai.

is that what the pvp server is doing killing ai, wasnt the point of this discussion to point out the problems with the eco patch so the devs can fix them. right now pvp isnt profitable atleast now how it used to be prior to the patch. now pve combat is profitable. crafting has problems as well. the dubloon system is seriously flawed.

11 minutes ago, RKY said:

What do you know of pvp? stats shows clearly sol is pve clan. not get a topic to whiny whiny and keep this feedback economy post free of your off topic discussion.

if i'm not mistaken ur the one thats off topic as my post prior was a  reply to an admin post further up, and was part of the economy feedback regarding the patch as a whole not just the standard items and trade goods. combat has a large role to play in the economy and this patch has major flaws and problems as to how it was implemented

Edited by Ruby Rose

Т.к. в русскоязычном разделе нет темы не только для фидбэка но и патчноута, то оставлю это здесь. 

Уважаемые разработчики, вы планируете снизить стоимость переброски кораблей в те же 4-5 раз, в которые порезали награды за миссии?

2 minutes ago, RKY said:

pvp is currently highly rewarding, why do you think none of us pvp players are complaining?

you would know if you had actually played or killed anything.

now why are u off topic, i know plenty of pvp combat even with the current changes and its not as rewarding as pve combat with the current patch. 

6 hours ago, Psycho3630 said:

You won't know until you tag, and at that point who is going to sail away? If I go to French waters looking for you or KoC and I happen to tag a different player that I think I can kill, its not like I am going to just sail away because they may not be "rich". 

Very true, I, personally, am not 'rich'. I do not trade or dabble in econ so everything I make or lose is PvP related.  It's definitely NOT the path to riches :)

• Like 1

I think in the long term the patch is for the best. A lot of people did get screwed on the mark conversion but maybe that is for the best to get a better test of what it will be like post wipe? Anyway I find the game is more enjoyable when everyone isn't sailing kitted out first rates, so hopefully 5th rates  having no doubloon cost will see the mainstay of the action.

Also from what I can tell your bounty is based off how many doubloons you are carrying in your chest, this seems pretty exploitable as someone can just load an alt up with 10k doubloons and sink them for a ton of reward without having to kill them as many times as before. Reward drop should be based off (Rank+Ship)*PVP kills, or something to that effect? This way you are encouraged to kill high rank, high ship, and perhaps high skill players over a new player in a t brig. Or farm a alt for that matter.

Edited by Aster
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Aster said:

I think in the long term the patch is for the best. A lot of people did get screwed on the mark conversion but maybe that is for the best to get a better test of what it will be like post wipe? Anyway I find the game is more enjoyable when everyone isn't sailing kitted out first rates, so hopefully 5th rates  having no doubloon cost will see the mainstay of the action.

yep u'll likely now see mass fleets of hercs and requins as they cost nothing to replace, another flaw in the game 

Just now, RKY said:

how exactly is it not rewarding when you get 500 doublon for 5th rate? and about 20k reals. it is actually even more rewarding than before. again you would know if you did pvp.

2000 dubs from a tbrig compared to ur 500 from a 5th rate, and yes i know hence why i keep emphasizing the problem

Edited by Ruby Rose

Just now, Le Raf Boom said:

So how is that different from what's happening now?

its not but now u'll see less lineships out and about hunting for players it will moslty be 5ths and dlc ships, so not much reward for going after large payout ships of players, this patch makes having the dlc ships more necessary to do daily grinding