Game-Labs Forum

Mission limits daily

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Let's drop the "population" card in the debates to make a personal point or use as reasoning leverage. Please.

Plus let's keep it to the point, no chasms between PvE / PvP. Caribbean server is a server that has all mechanics.

Question:

- Why do missions need to be always safe on a PvP server?

Question 2:

- Is there a issue with sailing to a mission ? What is the issue ?

Twisting reasons to fit own individual idea of a game does not represent the entire community. Think about Pros and Cons.

- Why do missions need to be always safe on a PvP server?

First of all it is a PVP+PVE server. Because I do it for having fun killing some AI , unlucking my slots, earn some money, combat mark (do you give PVP marks on mission, come give me PVP marks, and I will accept).  And I can't sometimes handle some enemy players plus the super accurate AI shooting my rudder RED every 1 minute, which is a super gank against me by players and AI. Why do not I have option to GANK AI in mission, so I will be safe when 2 enemy join other side, IF THEY EVER JOIN ?. Other wise good luck finding players doing missions which are not safe.

- Is there a issue with sailing to a mission ? What is the issue ? 

Yes there is an issue, sailing to a mission 15 minutes away and 5 minutes away gives me the same reward. I have REAL life, so good luck sailing 15 minutes for combat mission which will give 1000 xp  + 5 xp for sailing !!!

My suggestion give us 3 missions which spawns close to the port I picked the mission, you can give other missions random. So do not spoil many people's fun which is the stupid (for me) combat mission, give them at least 3 every day.

You are right, sorry. It is Caribbean server, that has opportunties for PvE, PvP, trade, RvR, fishing, sitting in port and everything else the game is.

You are right as well, we all have lives. What we do not have is the same schedules or reali life quality of life, and on that regard no mechanics of the game may help.

So what is the proposal ? Enhance the missions by distance or making all the missions instant without the need to even sail ?

@Hethwill I told you 3 missions close by where they were picked, just 3 missions. Let others spawn else where, and after that  you can even cancel "the 3 cancel", give no more cancelling.

*Some time we carebears want to do missions together when we have numbers, it was disaster before pulling 15 mission to get one close, now it is even worse.

*Even you give me double rewards I won't sail to far away mission, or unsafe mission which risks me getting ganked. Instead we already attack OW AI fleets for much better loot, and know or expect enemy.

There is a simple fix to the cancellation limit. Sail into the mission in a basic cutter and then leave. Yes I know it takes some time but it is a workaround. It saves risking your rated ship if you don't wont to.  By the way I don't do missions anymore. Attacking AI fleets in the open work with a 3 minute battle timer is far more productive gold and xp wise plus you get the chance at better book drops.

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Got it.

Balancer of risk vs reward vs time investment.

What is more important of all the three ?

For me it would be time.  I can choose to accept or decline risk and I like the idea of better rewards with distance/risk.  But sometimes I just don't have a lot of time!  (I still have to do trade to support my PVP habit as I suck!)

There should be an area on the PVP server that is no risk. It should be called Naval Academy and offer instant spawn battles vs AI. You could take any of your ships in with no chance of loss.

It should give no gold and no XP.

Otherwise, in game there is always going to be some element of risk dependent on when you sail, from which port, and for what country.

Edited by Farrago