Game-Labs Forum

Books are too common...

Ok that title needs to be put in context...

But, in many ports you can find the same old books, the basic stuff, pellews, boatswain 6-7 , rum rations etc..  and this is what I am referring to by 'too common'

I'd like to suggest that these basic books be less common, I mean you only use them once, and increase the availability of the 'basic' upgrades.

Many ports will have no upgrades at all, but they will have 7 different 'basic' books.  Players use more of the upgrades than they ever will books.  I'd also suggest reviewing the drop rates of these 'basic books' from AI ships, especially those above 6th rate.  I'd expect most players will have collected the majority of the common books by the time they are fighting 5th rates, so perhaps they could be replaced with basic upgrades in the drop tables, or their likelyhood to drop reduced.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, SKurj said:

Ok that title needs to be put in context...

But, in many ports you can find the same old books, the basic stuff, pellews, boatswain 6-7 , rum rations etc..  and this is what I am referring to by 'too common'

I'd like to suggest that these basic books be less common, I mean you only use them once, and increase the availability of the 'basic' upgrades.

Many ports will have no upgrades at all, but they will have 7 different 'basic' books.  Players use more of the upgrades than they ever will books.  I'd also suggest reviewing the drop rates of these 'basic books' from AI ships, especially those above 6th rate.  I'd expect most players will have collected the majority of the common books by the time they are fighting 5th rates, so perhaps they could be replaced with basic upgrades in the drop tables, or their likelyhood to drop reduced.

well.....i always go to the bookstore 

every new kid in town, now thinks books are loot off  the ocean

thank god the dutch invented printing .....but some cultures are just ....medieval...

some cultures are just too smart to read, or just to dumb to understand....that..you can find it in the bookstore .....

Edited by Thonys

29 minutes ago, blademage said:

I spend no more than 4 hours a week sailing to different harbours, trying to sell them.

i also believe if you want to sell a book , you need a bookstore from the  buildings tab called the second hand bookstore....lol

3 hours ago, Ink said:

NPC stock will be increased in one of the next patches

does that include:  water /fire/wind/ground/void /water" "BOOKS"

or just 452 thousand common pumps. ( in that case waste of coding hours and rules in database)

lol just kidding on forehand...and a bit tiggeling 

5 hours ago, blademage said:

I spend no more than 4 hours a week sailing to different harbours, trying to sell them.

yes , it is just a waste of valuable time

better put it in the chest..

and when you are in a port sell it on contract from the chest at free ports (best thing you can do for the moment)

Edited by Thonys