Game-Labs Forum

Merchant ships will be needed...And players will haul cargo. Not to bring up EvE on the forums for the 100th time, but even in EvE, players haul cargo. MMO players are weird.

Haha you ever play euro truck simulator xD. Fun game hauling cargo from one city to another.

• Like 1

The boys in the film that makes the wooden hull of the Acheron explains that one of them did see the ship on land when it was built at a Boston ship yard.

And the size and shape of the Acheron do consist with the heavy frigate USS Constitution.

In the movie it was a privateer ship, and I don't think they explain more of its history.

• Like 1

This is easy guys, when the Open World, and Ship Customization come out...  Just buy a Constitution "class" Frigate, paint her in French colors... and Bingo!  Acheron.  Plenty of ships built in the US were used by Britain and France, amongst others.  

In the Novel "Far Side of the World" Cpt. Aubrey and the Surprise are actually after the American Frigate USS Essex during the War of 1812.  Since the filmmakers were fairly sure they were only going to make 1 movie from the series, they wanted the "bad guys" to be French- to better represent the era of the Novels.  Or that's what I seem to remember from the "Making of" documentary on the DVD.

This is easy guys, when the Open World, and Ship Customization come out...  Just buy a Constitution "class" Frigate, paint her in French colors... and Bingo!  Acheron.

I would hope we have a level of customization, emblems on sails, "historical" paint schemes, figureheads, ect ect. I hope, however, we don't get such a customization that we end up with hot pink Warships sailing the highseas....because I'd end up doing it myself. I still have pictures of my Wenden from PotBS in pink colors.