Game-Labs Forum

Whats up with all the National Talk ?

Mike the Mongel

Soooooo it seems many on Global, well those who are more vocal, see the National Life as the way to go once the server merge happens :(  BAH!!! I say and off with your pea sized brain housing groups. Its the Pirate Life I say...continue the challenge and enjoy the salty talk directed at those who fly the BLACK .

Filter out all that used car salesman talk (telling you what you want to hear) that you see here trying to drag you to being a NAT and do what your gut says...say it with me boyzs...P..I..R..A..T..E.....through good and bad, one ported or we broke the server, Hurricanes and bad ping..yeah that's ok take our server away but its still the Pirate Life for me.

Edited by Mike the Mongel
  • Like 1

The pirates are just as much of a nation as any of us "Nationals." You said it yourself in the past when the devs wanted to make the pirates not have national properties and it threatened BLACK's port capturing ability. 

So if you really dont want to play the national life go Prussia, Russia, or Poland. The pirates are identical to all other nations. 

And of course I must add my recruitment to the Dutch, Verenigde Provinciën, (United Provinces). If you want to play a very un represented nation, a true under dog, and truly make a difference to history and the game, come join us, United we Stand! 

• Like 1

Not sure about you, but going to a nation that has no safe zone, could potentially lose all its ports and would have to operate out of free towns sounds a lot more - pirate like - than being an actual pirate in this game.  Id prefer to be a pirate honestly if this game actually made being a pirate anything at all different than being a National....but it doesn’t.  Even the 1 mechanic we did have was taken away. 

All you really get is a privateering mindset, which can be done in any nation.  I just prefer to do mine in one that doesn’t have a wuss zone to hide in.  How about you?

enjoy your safe space mike.   :-)

ps - most of the active pirates on global are all going to the same nation because we enjoy playing together.  The only ones that seem to object are the part timer pirates who pop on occasionally to comment.  The flag on the back of your ship doesn’t matter, it’s the people you sail with. 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

All good gents, enjoy and I hope you find what you are looking for with whomever you join.

cant change mechanics..be it safe zones, Pirate mechanics or lack of....but its all in the pride I have of being a Pirate and not jumping ship when someones grass seems greener.

Not meaning that as a slight on anyone going NAT , just my own opinion.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

All good gents, enjoy and I hope you find what you are looking for with whomever you join.

cant change mechanics..be it safe zones, Pirate mechanics or lack of....but its all in the pride I have of being a Pirate and not jumping ship when someones grass seems greener.

fully respect that one! I certainly understand the cry/outreach to try and save or create a powerful empire. Been Dutch since the game was released on steam, and as far as I can see, always will be. o7 

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

fully respect that one! I certainly understand the cry/outreach to try and save or create a powerful empire. Been Dutch since the game was released on steam, and as far as I can see, always will be. o7 

Didn't you join king of crowns fan club back when they were camping Mort? You went French but I guess that one time didn't count. DUTCH FOR LIFE...kinda....

2 hours ago, Mike the Mongel said:

Mike, if you want to play the way we used to when the clan was..., ahhhh...a hardcore pvp clan, joining Russia is the closest you'll get. Almost no ports, no alliances and no capital or protection area.

For those that want to be as close to a pirate that is probably the best nation. Poland and Prussia have too many ports already

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Christendom said:

The flag on the back of your ship doesn’t matter, it’s the people you sail with. 

+1

The flag doesn't make the skipper good, the skipper makes the flag good.

I'd also like to stay Pirate, but at the moment, there are no noteworthy advantages to weight Pirates over another faction.

Ultimately, you can be a Pirate in any nation...and "Its a Pirate's life for me"...and other such piratey phrases B)

So.... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rhodry Heidenrich said:

I'm looking at the EU map and thinking about where I'm going to go. First and foremost, I want to see what the server population is during the evening US Pacific time. 

The good thing is many of us have several papers to use if we don't like where we end up, but for now the Russians are our best choice for the play style we liked the most in game.  Also many that want to stay Pirate haven't played one on EU to know how much Mort area gets camped out. You think it's bad on GLOBAL...lol

That and I will do what ever I can to help support my old clan mates with what ever nation they pick.  Well unless they join like CKA or NPG, than I'm just going to sink them no matter what flag I have on my ship.

I will also be dame if some one pops in that hasn't played in 3 1/2 months (since wipe) other than 2 port battles tell me I don't know how to play a pirate and I"m not staying true.  NO I STAYED TRUE WHEN YOU LEFT.   It's time for me and others to move on and do other things until they fix part of the game (pirates).  Just like some folks moved on and left to play other games.  

PS: @Mike the Mongel Dead In the Red account is staying pirate, I'll have a bunch of L'Oceans for us to share....lol     See you in the shallows and I'll let you know his name when we cross paths.

• Like 1

@Sir Texas Sir,

All I'm looking for is some people to sail around with and get into OW skirmishes, and do what I've always liked to do in group fights which is use a fast/maneuverable ship to "tackle" for the bigger boys. Outside of that, I've always been a privateer at heart. But, all of it is moot if after the merge the server population isn't any different during my play times than it is now on Global. <_<

Edited by Rhodry Heidenrich