Game-Labs Forum

Several gamebreaking issues that RSC experienced at a portbattle.

Lz3

Hello developers, while fighting for the port Atwood we experienced several issues that ruined a chance of victory for us and made us lose ships. I think I must make the following very clear looking at what certain Russian players are saying in the global channel: We are not complaining against the Russian Nation, nor their actions at the port battle. This is purely pointing out two underlying issues that ruined the port battle for us. We do not mean any disrespect to the Russian players who attended as this was nothing they could have changed or prevented.

1. When our fleet was approaching the port, two of our players could not click on the battle or port to enter. I myself have experienced this issue before the wipe when I was not able to click on the battle cross without restarting the game. This lead to two of our Bucentaures (we had three and these were the capital ships) getting tagged outside the battle and not being able to enter the portbattle. This issue is truly game-breaking and took any hope of victory from us. 

2. When I myself left the portbattle, I was stuck in the "entering open world screen" for 20-30 seconds. I was able to press escape and F11 would disappear so I presume the actual open-world was behind this screen. This lead to me myself not being able to have any chance of escaping. My ship was lost in the battle that ensued. The time I spent in the loading screen was so unusually long that I did not have time to repair before I was in the other battle, I infact only saw open world for 2-3 seconds.

In total from game bugs we lost two Bucs and one Wapen. This is very annoying for our clan as we will have to rebuild these ships and possibly raise hostility all over again. Please fix this issue. I am not sure if we would have won the port battle if these issues did not happen, but I am sure that we would have had a MUCH greater chance at victory. Because none of our ships were captured we would like to have our ships replaced as us losing them was due to game glitches. 

Thank you for reading. 
Please leave this post open for a reply from our clan once you've replied.

Edited by Lz3
  • Like 4

I've seen the same thing on global server, several months ago. This was after the May wipe but before the clan-based conquest map reset.

A couple members of our port-battle group simply could not click on the town or the crossed-swords, and naturally they got left outside and pulled into a battle. Just like in your case, these guys were veterans and knew where to click and what to do - it wasn't an issue of confusion.

11 hours ago, Lz3 said:

1. When our fleet was approaching the port, two of our players could not click on the battle or port to enter. I myself have experienced this issue before the wipe when I was not able to click on the battle cross without restarting the game. This lead to two of our Bucentaures (we had three and these were the capital ships) getting tagged outside the battle and not being able to enter the portbattle. This issue is truly game-breaking and took any hope of victory from us. 

Have you tried the workaround of opening the F11 window twice? Solves the issue pretty often.

18 hours ago, Malachy said:

Shouldn't sail anything you can't afford to lose lol

truthfully what a dumb reply, gregory is angered that he unjustly lost his Bucentaure (and therefore millions) to a game bug.

Speaking of which, @Ink how is the investigation going along?

The bug with the unclickable swords is hard to be reproduced, the general workaround how to fix it is to either open and close bug reporter via F11 or try to relog. If the bug reproduced before the new UI it will be fixed before the new UI, but in any case within the new UI it will be eliminated.