Game-Labs Forum

23 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Please no. At least now you have to sail traders around with repairs, even if not your warships. And there will be a market for repairs in faraway ports.

agreed.

It's crazy enough that the ship is allowed to be towed with cannons...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, CaptVonGunn said:

I was actually hoping it was going to be it gets there after Down Time not instant but ooh well

Pretty much this. I wouldn't mind them increasing the tow permit number to 3 but towing should not be instant...

• Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 5:17 PM, BallsOfSteel said:

Moving ships requires removing items from hold. How about an exemption for Rum, Hull and Rig repairs? 

Think about the potential abuse. Repairs sell very well in many ports to the AI shop (i've seen up to 1.2k for a hull repair). Imagine if I could make 4k hull repairs and safely send them all to a free port on an Indiaman where I can then sell them, without any risk sailing them over. Seems like a problem to me. 

6 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

Think about the potential abuse. Repairs sell very well in many ports to the AI shop (i've seen up to 1.2k for a hull repair). Imagine if I could make 4k hull repairs and safely send them all to a free port on an Indiaman where I can then sell them, without any risk sailing them over. Seems like a problem to me. 

That could be easily limited by weight, it defeats the purpose to have a ship towed to an outpost and not have the minimum repairs. You just telling players do more PvE, probably faster to do some missions in a basic cutter and get your repairs. I wouldn't bother bring a trader all the way there just for my repairs.

I'd prefer no tow, but at least keep it a little less arcade by not allowing hold items including repairs. It's fairly clear in game where you need to have a port with prepositioned repairs if you want PVP or your nation is making an RVR push. Get ready. Set up that remote outpost using a traders brig with repairs instead of a basic cutter. 

Edited by Farrago
Typo
  • Like 2