Game-Labs Forum

Transfer to global server

Bulwyf

Hi,

My son and daughters had not played for a bit before the wipe and had their characters on the EU server playing Britain. I was myself in the same boat and had no intention of switching from the EU server. When the wipe came they had no characters on the Global server and thus their experience didn't transfer. I had played there myself despite having no intention of switching and thus my character could restart on global without a penalty.

While we had no intention of making the switch, the decision to limit the times at which port battles occurred has forced our hand and while it hasn't affected me personally my 3 childrens accounts are basically having to start from scratch giving  up lvl 50, 32  and 24 crafters and a variety of ranks. How can their experience be transferred? Bear in mind there was no advance warning of the time limitation on the EU server which essentially excluded Australians from being able to effectively play there as we had intended.

I would like to know that from a developer  (while I appreciate your taking the time to reply I am not sure who you, are but you don't appear to be anyone with a position with the company)  in which case I will cease playing for obvious reasons. This was very  poorly handled. A lot of people don't visit the forums and even if they had the restrictions imposed on the EU server didn't appear till post wipe.

47 minutes ago, Bulwyf said:

I would like to know that from a developer  (while I appreciate your taking the time to reply I am not sure who you, are but you don't appear to be anyone with a position with the company)  in which case I will cease playing for obvious reasons. This was very  poorly handled. A lot of people don't visit the forums and even if they had the restrictions imposed on the EU server didn't appear till post wipe.

Not disagreeing at all.  Many of us who did know about the wipe stated this previously, only to be ignored.  

Sorry to see this happen to you and your "family".   But I highly doubt the devs will do anything.   When it wouldnt be that hard to look at your current account information for the EU server, and giving you redeemable for your current XP on the EU server for crafting and rank.   This wouldnt be impossible or even that difficult.  It is the Unity5 engine which is surprisingly simple.

1 hour ago, Bulwyf said:

@Skully is linking you to a developer's answer to a player with the same situation as yours. Seems like you were aware of the instructions to sync accounts on all servers (posted on the log in screen), would have been a good time to sync your families accounts too.

• Like 1

I was aware but had no intention of swapping from the EU server and thus it didn't seem necessary. Purely by luck I personally had played on the US server. There was no notification of the change in port battle hours till post wipe which effectively  left us without an option to play there. 

The fact that I was aware of the wipe doesn't mean that I was aware that the EU server would become restricted and essentially unplayable. For my children who don't visit the forums at all (like the bulk of players) there was no notification at all.

The posts you mention take no account of this and simply remind people that there was a suggestion that  you synch your characters if you wanted to play on other servers, never that you would have to play on other servers. 

It would seem the developers were absent without care through out this whole fiasco.