Game-Labs Forum

AI Trader loot

Last few AI traders I have capped have had building materials in them and sometimes one or two odd things.

2 LGVs I took with a Lynx last night, had stone blocks about 250 of them each, and 150 food supplies.

The stone blocks were handy.  

The LGV i took with an LGV had 150 tobacco and 200 rum.

A Trader Snow had 200 fish meat.

Trader Brig, 40 Swedish Sail Cloth. 

54 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

It's all anecdotal, especially the chest beating by Hodo.  So far most of the trader loot I've taken has been useless other than a few gold coins from the sale.

Not chest beating.  If I were to do that I would continue to drone on about the Indefatigable I took from a player in my Lynx.

Honestly I think it is partly based on region, and duration of sail for the AI ship.  I have capped ships that were pretty much in the middle of nowhere and they had things like Sevilla Muskets and Historical Artifacts.   Others I have taken a few minutes out of port had fish meat or food stores.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Also related to the "materials for ship building" although non-AI ( due to non capture ) but true boost from player ships

I have suggested at least a half dozen times in the last 18 months a Breaking Yard BUilding..... 3 Levels. 

10-15%  per level of original part used to build a ship returned for breaking it up...