Game-Labs Forum

Ghost Ships (Player) in OW

Jeheil

Tagged a santi in OW, sails down, 3 times, each time we enter the battle he is not there,  last time, others appear (not the one tagged), it all went downhill from there, seems perhaps to be a bug with folks logging off at sea leaving a ghost ship ??

• Like 2

I suspect a bug in the new rules of dragging in battle group members.

The tagged Pirate ship appeared to have been active, not rock solid in the water as you would expect a disco.

If membership of a battle group has become a higher condition as opposed to ship distance, then you would see this kind of behavior.

Maybe we can get some info from the Pirates here and move this off to Support.

This is the 3rd tag (and we are in BG too for this one). We asked the priates they reckoned he had logged off/dc'd a little while ago.

First tags we were in regular group and the same behaviour, we went into battle, but were on our own. This last one is just where, his friends arrived :)

Edited by Jeheil

Simon has been logged off for over 4 hours now.  He was having bad connection and keep skipping all over the place in game so we aren't sure what is going on.  He logged out and we found his ship still there.  F11 and it seems to be a ghost ship.   Was still there after we finished flipping the port and same results if we tried a pirate vs pirate battle.  Yah something is glitchy with the game.  We also had group keep dropping and group leader crashing in game if he tagged an AI fleet.

• Like 5

The issue is not Simon's lost connection, its the appearance of the other 2 jjsppx and JD Shots. These two can appear at the same time in one of two ways. Both logging on together or both exiting a BATTLE where the timer with no shots fired for 1.400 as lapsed. 

No suggesting these chaps did... 

If they sat there and never fire so too the ALTs. The battle can last for 1hr 30mins. 

A third player with a different ALT and different BATTLE instance is the look out. Sees incoming tags his own ALT and drops in. Even if you come in and tag, the previous tag is in front and you wouldn't drop in. He Ghosts out... 

The other two can immediately drop out due to not firing a shot and appear in front as if by magic. If you'd have carried on forward the first lookout after the battle timer and 1min 40secs can also drop out. He now on your six... 

I feel an experiment coming on... This is useful hiding in plain sight for at max of 1hour 30mins... 

Why an experiment is to see where the ALTs go also if the BR of the ALTs stop the pull instances from YOU also tagging

Edited by Norfolk nChance

I might be wrong here, if each player had his own ALT and battle instance. The ALT if a fleet that had a BR 4x higher than the player would stop anyone else dropping in. In the case above the Pirate lookout (and the other 2) in Santi's BR 600. If the ALTs were fleeted at BR 2400 YOU tagging the lookout couldn't drop in... 

remember not suggesting this in this case. Just thinking out loud.

@Liquicity have I got this right with the BR standing at the moment? 

15 hours ago, Liquicity said:

I think with the last patch they got rid off any BR limit thingies so that you can instantly escape a battle if you've got enough BR in it

Yeh but it would still show as escaped, and we loaded in pretty quick