Game-Labs Forum

Naval no action, naval cross play action, naval gank action!

21 minutes ago, Prater said:

Got on, and within my first hour I had captured a trader Brig with 200k loot on board and helped a Surprise + AI Essex kill an Indefatigable + AI Surprise.  Yesterday I killed a privateer, helped kill 2 surprises, took part in several minor skirmishes that resulted in no kills.  Not sure what others are doing but I am getting plenty of action during EU server prime time.  Now as an American playing on the EU server, population drops off and there isn't much action during North American prime time.

Ditto. Just this morning I logged on, set on patrol, and came across a TBrig with 2x TBrigs in fleet. They were all armed and he put up a hell of a fight! I had to use a couple hull repairs and sail repairs, but eventually managed to cap him. 185k loot + ship was not a bad haul at all.

Yesterday I capped a TBrig, a TLynx, a regular Lynx, and a Privateer and had an amazing hourlong+ battle with another Privateer that ended in a draw, with me having about 1/3 structure left and him with 12 crew and 2 cannons. Hell of a fight, one of the best I've ever had in the game.

TLDR I'm having more fun NOW than ever before in this game. And this is playing on PVP Global during US Primetime, with only around 250-300 players peak.

The action is out there, if you're not finding it, try doing something else because you WILL find it if you go looking for it.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2017 at 1:20 PM, Liquicity said:

Thats the nature of an OW MMO - it was suggested before to standardize the signaling perk and tweak it for the defenders but people didnt want the OW to be balanced.

Well revenge fleets also is the nature of the same ow =) it seems People just want it to be tweaked heavily for ganks with no risk

Edited by Sqapp

6 minutes ago, Sqapp said:

Well revenge fleets also is the nature of the same ow =) it seems People just want it to be tweaked heavily for ganks with no risk

No its not - name one other ow mmo with the revenge fleet phenomena, due to the existance of two dimensions (battle instances and 75x compressed OW)?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

No its not - name one other ow mmo with the revenge fleet phenomena, due to the existance of two dimensions (battle instances and 75x compressed OW)?

Well it is the same thing basically i dont think the gankers should instantly get away if help comes just as you can jump people 5v1 you should have a chance at escaping but it deffinitly shouldnt be risk free that is just promoting risk free ganking and will scare off all new players and basically let ganking always be at an advantage with no risk

Basically its just lobbying so gankers get little to no risk involved 

Edited by Sqapp

8 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

I raised this in another thread and will say the same here, the simple solution to avoiding the revenge fleet phenomena caused by the different time compression between instance and OW, is to give players the option to log off after battle or return to open world and face the revenge fleet. But if they log off then they cannot attack anyone for 30 minutes once they log back in unless they go back into port first, similar to how it is for port battles.

This has several advantages to all sides.

1. It solves the issue of a person being forced to continue playing for several hours as they are continuously tagged each time they escape.

2. It lets the revenge fleet know that the raider has logged out so they do not have to spend fruitless time patrolling looking for the raider.

3. It lets the traders know that that area is safe from that specific raider for a certain amount of time.

4. It lets the raider log back in later and have a better chance of escape similar to they would have had if there had been no time compression difference.

5. It simulates what would happen in reality to a certain extent. A raider raids traders in an area, the local navy mobilizes and hunts the area, the raider has to lay low for a while to avoid the navy and even decides to relocate to another area for some time, leaving the area safe for a while.

Many people seem to dislike this idea because it interrupts their raiding or because it does not give their revenge fleet an almost guaranteed kill, but I think it is the best solution for all sides.

• Like 1

you say you want PVP but everyone hunts near Habana?   Stupid.  Spain has the fewest players besides USA.   I had a blast hunting pirates and swedes but then decided I didn't want to make more people quit as this game can be brutally hard.   I got ganked 4 times enough to make me quit or sold everything but 1 ship.

4 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

you say you want PVP but everyone hunts near Habana?   Stupid.  Spain has the fewest players besides USA.   I had a blast hunting pirates and swedes but then decided I didn't want to make more people quit as this game can be brutally hard.   I got ganked 4 times enough to make me quit or sold everything but 1 ship.

Well according to these guys who support the status quo this is normal and what you deserve for doing pvp.

I quit for same reason . 

10 hours ago, Sqapp said:

Well it is the same thing basically i dont think the gankers should instantly get away if help comes just as you can jump people 5v1 you should have a chance at escaping but it deffinitly shouldnt be risk free that is just promoting risk free ganking and will scare off all new players and basically let ganking always be at an advantage with no risk

Basically its just lobbying so gankers get little to no risk involved 

From my experience with revenge fleets, the people attacking aren't the gankers, it is the revenge fleeters who are the gankers.  I've been revenge fleeted (always able to get away in my ship), and I haven't been ganking.  The issue is people can't take a defeat.  But, someone else might have a different experience.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:35 AM, Liquicity said:

The two dimensions doesn't change anything. Every MMO that has PVP has its own version of the revenge fleet. 

• Like 1