Game-Labs Forum

I am sure I am not the first to have suffered RSI from all the mouse button clicks in the UI.

The number of create MISSION CLICKS required is excessive. If I am in MT and I would like a mission outside I get missions all over the place at adjacent ports too. If I don't get one close by I must cancel all three and start again.

By way of example the mission select click count is as follows:

1. CLICK Missions

2. CLICK Combat orders

3. CLICK Select Difficulty

4. SCROLL and CLICK Raider or whatever

5. CLICK Take

6. CLICK OK (order received even if its location is at the wrong port! i.e. NOT OK)

7. CLICK [Cancel]

8. CLICK Confirm (Confirm the cancel ffs!)

9. GOTO STEP (2) and LOOP until RNG gives you a mission near your port.

Now this can be very tiresome. 

Combat or Fleet buttons are fine. ONE CLICK

A list of Ship RATE for difficulty just SECOND CLICK.

That's it done in two clicks!

No TAKE clicks, No Confirm Clicks, No OK clicks, No scrolling. 

A [CANCEL] mission option is fine but we don't need a confirm. Nobody looses anything if its cancelled, why confirm?

If I want a mission near another port then I should visit that port.

Clicking to defeat RNG and confirm the worthless is pointless drudgery.

Am I alone in this are there some mouse buttons that compel an indulgent depress and click of ecstasy, where can I get such an object of desire.

Let me know I want to start on Crafting but right now my click knuckle is too sore. 

Buster (Parrot mounts mouse)

• Like 4

Click fatigue.

Everyone, real world or in game, wants everything to be done in one click.  Sorry, not possible.  A click is a click, takes half a second.  If you want depth, it requires clicks.  If you want shallow, then you can streamline into two clicks to do everything.  You want just combat missions at your rank?  Ok, easy to do with a few clicks.  You want several types of different missions (trader, pvp, pve, raider, explorer) at different ranks, sorry, you have to add clicks.  Now maybe they can add defaults in where it defaults to your current rank and around your current location, but if you want a different rank mission (you are max rank but leveling your privateer), you gotta click.  Sure, you can take out confirm clicks for missions, but for other things, confirm is necessary.

9.  I.e  We want to choose where our mission is.

Should you be able to choose exactly where your mission is?  No.  Want it closer?  You gotta put in the work, or clicks to get it where you want it.  No to magic I win buttons.

I'm way more at risk of RSI from holding down the right mouse button while sailing the OW to keep my lookout up. And frantically clicking on every sail that appears on the horizon. The port interface is way more chill by comparison, ATMO.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Prater said:

Should you be able to choose exactly where your mission is?  No.  Want it closer?  You gotta put in the work, or clicks to get it where you want it.  No to magic I win buttons.

Put the work in... magic buttons.. either you or me is smoking the wrong baccy.

Buster (mouse leg breaks with a click)

• Like 1

Not sure I get the OP's complaints. Have he/she not played other newer games lately? NA is one of the least clicky games I know.

My nephew plays WoW on a computer next to me while I play NA. All I here is tap, tap, tap, between the mouse and keyboard as if I am listening to Morse Code for hours at a time.

18 hours ago, Pad Seayew said:

Sorry, Prater, that was unintentionally funny.  Putting in "the work"?  I think we're talking about efficiency here, eliminating redundancy, etc.

If you want your mission to be closer, you should have to cancel and request a new one until you get a location you want.  You shouldn't be able to determine how close your mission is.

31 minutes ago, Prater said:

If you want your mission to be closer, you should have to cancel and request a new one until you get a location you want.  You shouldn't be able to determine how close your mission is.

So why the ability to cancel it at all?  If eliminating player choice is the goal...

Removing cancel is fine with me.  However requesting a mission is still random.  Why should players be able to determine their mission is inside the capital protection area?  Should we have a button that spawns an ai ship of our choosing in front of us in the OW as well?

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1