Game-Labs Forum

EVENT: End of the world party!

JCDC

Captains!

Now that the asset wipe has been confirmed:

We are all left with the question: What shall I do with all my ships/goodies/stores?

The answer I propose is to have fun with them!!!

Tired of leaving your best ships and addons in port for fear of losing them?

Tired of seeing enemy fleets/ships run from marginally unfavourable battles?

Tired of the salt when someone ganks you?

Tired of struggling to find action or caring about the results?

Well, we are going to lose it all anyway so lets party like its the end of the world, NA style. I am declaring that This Saturday, and all following Saturdays until the wipe there will be a party at La Navasse from 18.00 to 24.00 server time. Who will be invited? EVERYONE!!!!

Bring your best ships, bring your friends, bring your enemies! AND FIGHT

- Throw your carefully horded gold ships away in an orgy of violence and cannon fire.

- A mass brawl around la navasse between anyone, from any nation, of any fleet size

- Only rule is no running. every fight is to the death, to run is shame and pretty pointless anyway

- fight 1 v 1, 1 v 25, organise a fleet and fight 25v25 IT DOESNT MATTER....

- when you don't care about losing, any fight is fun. fight in a santi vs a swarm of gunboats. fight in a surprise vs a horde of Santi's WHO CARES!!!!

- Either hang around around La navasse and attack anything you see, or dock up and join the main events 'the great undockings' every hour on the hour. At this time, every captain from any nation can undock and then a fight will start. who will be on each side? who knows? who cares? fun will be had. if this goes well, should be a bunch of large fleet battles with a totally random assortment of ships. The first Great undocking at 19.00 server time each Saturday.

For too long this game has been to much about politics and hoarding and collecting. finally, we have a golden opportunity to just cut lose and have fun. to do no trading, no building, no planning. just to spew away all our hard earned possessions in a ridiculous cloud of cannon balls and swordfighting.

for this to work lots of people need to get behind it. Tell your mates, tell your clans, tell your nation. Everyone who will turn up just post 'I'M IN' or some suitably piratey version of that. also, more people posting they are in keeps the topic current, which gets more attention. the more we get, the more fun it will be. don't let this wipe pass in the absence of a good send off, don't let all that hard work lead to nothing. bring your ships and send them out in style. I've put 1000 hours into building my fleet, that's a lot of effort to fire out the end of a cannon and i'm going to be doing my best to achieve that. if I have a single ship left at the end I will be disappointed.

No prizes, no salt, no leaderboards NO MERCY!!!!!

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 15

At risk of making the fun too organised, I have added a sub event 'the great undocking' to encourage more fleet action and less 1v1. Every hour, anyone in dock can all go out at the same time and start a fight. simple stuff. see OP for details.

• Like 1

First Edition of this event starts 18.00 tonight server time, so 7.5 hours from now for those too lazy to look it up!

Lets get a big turnout and have some fun.

I'm ready. are you?

come and claim one of these ships. all free to a good home and someone willing to take them at the point of a sword and the muzzle of a cannon.

Edited by JCDC

Well, its hard to tell how many people showed up, and how many were just there anyway! but there was quite a lot of fighting around La Navasse for the first few hours. I was in 4 battles, I saw a lot of others. I had a couple of good battles and a couple of total massacres each way. but in the spirit of the event I fought no matter the odds!

That battle didn't end well for me.

There was a lack of big fleet action but I think the main reason was the main fleets I saw there were the Danes and the pirates. there simply weren't enough Western alliance ships around to put up a big fight and the pirates/eastern alliance didn't seem to be fighting. there was a 10 ship dane fleet and a 10 ship pirate fleet there most of the night, but they never seemed to be there at the same time.

Also the main British fleet and the Spanish were preparing for a Port battle that happened in the second half. So, not a huge number around.

Hopefully next week will be bigger as we get closer to the wipe.

Try and spread the word for the next one. the more the merrier!