Game-Labs Forum

Better reasons to play

RCB recruited three new players last weekend, one a returning player the other two are brand new accounts.

Mostly going to be doing PvE until they get the hang of things and level up a bit.

To help us keep these players interested in the game, can you please consider letting us attack OW fleets together.

As it stands on the PvE server, only one player at a time can take on an AI fleet unless the BR is stupidly stacked in the AI's favour.

Training new guys up takes a lot of effort and it would be better for PvE clans if we could attack NPC fleets in groups.

Missions are fine and all that, but some of the locations are just such a waste of time.

A lot of our players have left since the group cant attack AI fleets, so how about it?

It used to be a lot of fun, so can we have it back? 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Thonys said:

i can attack ai fleet whenever i want so do not see your issue

its not about you.<_<

The OP is seeking/hoping to raise the limitations of BR ( battle rating ) to  allow for more attackers, for the purpose of attacking AI fleets, so beginner players may be tutored in proper battle technique (sail management). That's all.

• Like 2

PvE players trying to play with others? The PvE server is for playing by yourself. If you want multiplayer you should be in PvP. Transition them over now while they don't have a big investment, I'm sure people will donate some bootstrapping capital. I've got 1 dura captures galore.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wesreidau said:

PvE players trying to play with others? The PvE server is for playing by yourself. If you want multiplayer you should be in PvP. Transition them over now while they don't have a big investment, I'm sure people will donate some bootstrapping capital. I've got 1 dura captures galore.

And the Devs ask why people are leaving . . . face palm!

Talk about miss the point.

• Like 2

Bit of a joke, but really, I want your friends to enjoy the game. The PvP server rules were made for group play. I don't know if the PvE server will ever have rules crafted to support what you describe. Were I in your shoes, I'd take your friends over to the PvP server, teach them there (there's plenty of PvE targets just outside of capitals, we get sick of them), and then return to PvE once they've learned and if you dislike the PvP server.

11 minutes ago, Wesreidau said:

Bit of a joke, but really, I want your friends to enjoy the game. The PvP server rules were made for group play. I don't know if the PvE server will ever have rules crafted to support what you describe. Were I in your shoes, I'd take your friends over to the PvP server, teach them there (there's plenty of PvE targets just outside of capitals, we get sick of them), and then return to PvE once they've learned and if you dislike the PvP server.

It was about 3 months ago on the PvE server we could group attack fleets, so this is my point.

Why remove/change something that has driven 20 odd members of my clan to ground?

It feels like all PvE play is being pushed into the PvP server and this isn't everyone's cup of tea.

They have it on PvP, so why is it not the same rules for the PvE'ers?

Edited by Jesters-Ink
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 8:00 AM, Wesreidau said:

Strange, I thought the PvE server only ensured that that other players wouldn't attack you.

NA is an MMO, there's no reason why friends can't get a group together on the PvE server to go bash some AI ships without having to worry about being ganked.

14 minutes ago, Rickard said:

well Sir he is still right......just saying

Might be in your opinion, but I can tell you a fact.

There are plenty of people who enjoy getting together on the PvE server and having a relaxing and enjoyable sail around.

Most of um left when the ability to group attack AI fleets was removed.  20 odd from our clan and I suspect equil numbers from each of the other clans too. That's a lot of lost interest in a single update that did not get applied to the PvP server.

He may very well might be right, but if you want players to stay, then give um what makes um happy.

Youe have it on PvP, so give it to us on PvE.

So that makes him wrong, in my opinion.

plus, I am making a point for the PvE server, so why are PvP players bothered, it does not affect them?

Just saying :D

• Like 1

Some PvE players like playing alone, other in group.

Thus a simple option (or a perk) about OW PvE instances you could tick in port would address that issue. It would allow (or not) friendly players to join your side in a PvE instance after you tag a bot (or a bot fleet) in OW. That ability to tick for friendly support currently exists with fleet missions. 

Btw that option could be useful, especially if the current system of missions is meant to disappear.

Diversity of options is better IMHO.

Edited by LeBoiteux