Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 Clash/Bicker Forum

OneEyedSnake

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

I agree with Sir Texas,

even if its the bicker, cry me a river forum thread. I do find the legacy/lore or history still confusing and getting in the way.

That is all too easy for me to say, I didn't have to go through it all. So no matter who it is, from whatever Nation I always have a sympathetic ear.

However our Server must move along. There was some great gameplay had over the last couple of months. We at Elite are going nowhere and can't understand why it took us so long to try out PvP as a small group. The player content like Camel Toe is only going to get better with time and is advert for the whole Server as well as JobaSets hard work.

Hug a carebear today, and I look forward to you all sinking me and my clan in the future...

Norfolk..

Oh and thanks for not warning us that your going to lock us out of a port battle in the name of testing.....you had some (well maybe not) pissed off pirates.  We might of had plans to set another port battle that night if it wasn't for that flip.   There had to get some salty out, but hope the Devs fix that soon.

And we plan to do more operations to come, don't think you nation is going to be safe.  Hell we might even do a mini one against the French ;)   Just kidding but we still don't like badbenny so Swedes could be on the table, but we don't want to crush a nation for one or two players, that just not healthy.   I'm really hopeing ya'll can get some votes change and just try things out.  

19 hours ago, chailang said:

If completely reset, CCCP and black are in the same country , it's a nightmare 

Cherish now 

Yah I'm prob going to have one Pirate and one National (other than my baby Dan) if and win they do the complete reset and it will prob be Danes.   I love the pirate play, but they really need to make us more like pirates and not part of the conquest system.  I think if they did that and we had only a raid system you would see more nations fighting each other and pirates will just be a thorn int the side.

• Like 2

Sir Texas,

Apologies I just couldn't resist 1 care bear locks out Pirate Nation... everybody wants to kill Norfolk.... kill a care bear today, rip its head off

Only ELITE new the plan, and remember I didn't know it could work (hindsight is great). I needed to replicate the confusion as well. Allies had issues with Santa Lago with the Danes and you chaps had Camel Toe at Savannah. The problem was Popping. You'd just locked a port just prior to me topping out at 97%. I had to wait...

The fix should be quite straight forward. Zero out hostilities on a negative mission results. The days of the hostility mechanic I hear are numbered anyway?

"The Carebear Kill Campaign" I would humbly suggest. Just make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew. Some care bears have bigger teeth than others...

kind regards

Norfolk nChance

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I love the pirate play, but they really need to make us more like pirates and not part of the conquest system.  I think if they did that and we had only a raid system you would see more nations fighting each other and pirates will just be a thorn int the side.

I like the idea being proposed by devs to have two rat factions: one a rat nation, and one freelance, each having their own flag. And when raids come, I seriously hope it is not restricted to only rats being able to raid. Nationals raided also.

55 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

I like the idea being proposed by devs to have two rat factions: one a rat nation, and one freelance, each having their own flag. And when raids come, I seriously hope it is not restricted to only rats being able to raid. Nationals raided also.

They've been watching too much Black Sails.  Pirates should not be a nation.  Period.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

They've been watching too much Black Sails.  Pirates should not be a nation.  Period.

Privateers is what I keep trying to sale as the national like.  That way they can join and help other nations and if they aren't working for a natoin than they are outlaws/Pirates.  They don't own any regions, but have freeports to craft out of and the regions ports they raid.  The privateer system could be a in game way for some one to leave a nation and than go pirate/privateer and than join another nation after working with them.  None of this delete and switch over crap.  Keep it all in game.  Though they would prob need a reputation system put into place for it to work properly.  Can't really join a nation you been sinking ships of as a privateer or national of another nation.  This will cute out fence jumpers that switch nations faster than most of us change our undies.

52 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Privateers is what I keep trying to sale as the national like.  That way they can join and help other nations and if they aren't working for a natoin than they are outlaws/Pirates.  They don't own any regions, but have freeports to craft out of and the regions ports they raid.  The privateer system could be a in game way for some one to leave a nation and than go pirate/privateer and than join another nation after working with them.  None of this delete and switch over crap.  Keep it all in game.  Though they would prob need a reputation system put into place for it to work properly.  Can't really join a nation you been sinking ships of as a privateer or national of another nation.  This will cute out fence jumpers that switch nations faster than most of us change our undies.

What I would like to see is a single faction. Pirates have no ports of their own and cannot capture ports. They work from free ports and are more clan focused in organization than faction focused. They should be able to create contracts with nats for temporary alliance. Only faction that can raid. If under no contract are able to attack or be attacked by any faction. Will bring a new interesting element to the game. 

Frankly, making pirates a faction at the start was an okay idea until the politics was brought forward and pirates were not given anything in return to compensate not being apart of the process. Devs need to decide what they want to do with pirates. Spliting pirates into two factions wont help. Need to decide one way or the other.

Edited by Marrius
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Marrius said:

What I would like to see is a single faction. Pirates have no ports of their own and cannot capture ports. They work from free ports and are more clan focused in organization than faction focused. They should be able to create contracts with nats for temporary alliance. Only faction that can raid. If under no contract are able to attack or be attacked by any faction. Will bring a new interesting element to the game. 

Frankly, making pirates a faction at the start was an okay idea until the politics was brought forward and pirates were not given anything in return to compensate not being apart of the process. Devs need to decide what they want to do with pirates. Spliting pirates into two factions wont help. Need to decide one way or the other.

Ok, so say this layout?

US wants to hire rats.
Rats get to vote to accept their temp alliance or not.
If both sides accept temp contract, no rats can attack US players, nor raid US ports during the contract time.
Once contract is over, there could be a cool down from US being able to hire them again maybe...

Seems almost like just making the rats a nation again so they can get into the alliances again. But this might would if they broke it down for each rat clan, so that those other rat clans that don't want the temp contract aren't forced to refrain from attacking US, if they so choose.

34 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Ok, so say this layout?

US wants to hire rats.
Rats get to vote to accept their temp alliance or not.
If both sides accept temp contract, no rats can attack US players, nor raid US ports during the contract time.
Once contract is over, there could be a cool down from US being able to hire them again maybe...

Seems almost like just making the rats a nation again so they can get into the alliances again. But this might would if they broke it down for each rat clan, so that those other rat clans that don't want the temp contract aren't forced to refrain from attacking US, if they so choose.

You are thinking too much like a national. Seperate from current game mechanics and look at this as if you are first implementing the politics system. If a temp contract is made it is between a national and a pirate clan. Not the pirate faction as a whole. So using your example the US faction makes a contract with lets say clan BLOOD for example sake. Now clan BLOOD cannot attack any US ships, can join only US port battles, and can only join US if other pirates attack the US faction. Clan BLOOD can also still attack US allies. Now clan HYDRA is not part of this contract. They have all the rights to attack US faction in open world and if in a contract with a faction in war with the US, oppose them in port battles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marrius said:

You are thinking too much like a national. Seperate from current game mechanics and look at this as if you are first implementing the politics system. If a temp contract is made it is between a national and a pirate clan. Not the pirate faction as a whole. So using your example the US faction makes a contract with lets say clan BLOOD for example sake. Now clan BLOOD cannot attack any US ships, can join only US port battles, and can only join US if other pirates attack the US faction. Clan BLOOD can also still attack US allies. Now clan HYDRA is not part of this contract. They have all the rights to attack US faction in open world and if in a contract with a faction in war with the US, oppose them in port battles.

This could be exploited with alts.  There should also be an opportunity for the contracted clan to betray the other party, even in the midst of a battle.  Greenish-black on green, as it were.  They are pirates after all.  The penalty would be loss of the agreed-upon gold.  This would also prevent pirate clans from hopping aboard the bangwagon and wiping other nations with help.  Not that this would happen in today's pvp2 but today's is not tomorrow's, we probably need to build in protections from that, as has been discussed hereinbefore ad infinitum.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

This could be exploited with alts.  

Everything is exploited with alts. No getting away from that. It would be up to clan leaders an officers to make the contracts. Not an entire contract and both parties must be in agreement. 

I do feel that if a contract is not working out there should be the ability to cancel the deal rather than wait for it to run its course.

Edited by Marrius
  • Like 1

National clan: [NAIVE].  Pirate clan: [STAB]

NAIVE: "I love you, let's elope.  Don't tell anyone we're together, we'll surprise them all later."

STAB: "Uh.....sure.  I love you too (snicker, snicker).  Give me a token of your love, how about 15 millions?  You know I'm worth it."

NAIVE: "Well, okay.  Here you go."

Planning......  Secrecy......  Mobilization......

STAB:  "Hey, before we get to this port battle, just wanna tell you I don't love you anymore.  I'm leaving you.  By the way, I'm also taking half your stuff."

NAIVE: "But you said!  Hey, you can't do that."

STAB: "We just did.  BTW, my pirate alt clan is raiding your other port you're not watching.  Haha, thanks for the gold."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

National clan: [NAIVE].  Pirate clan: [STAB]

NAIVE: "I love you, let's elope.  Don't tell anyone we're together, we'll surprise them all later."

STAB: "Uh.....sure.  I love you too (snicker, snicker).  Give me a token of your love, how about 15 millions?  You know I'm worth it."

NAIVE: "Well, okay.  Here you go."

Planning......  Secrecy......  Mobilization......

STAB:  "Hey, before we get to this port battle, just wanna tell you I don't love you anymore.  I'm leaving you.  By the way, I'm also taking half your stuff."

NAIVE: "But you said!  Hey, you can't do that."

STAB: "We just did.  BTW, my pirate alt clan is raiding your other port you're not watching.  Haha, thanks for the gold."

Its a risk for either side. STAB got a good end right that moment but, they hurt their reputation. Word spreads fast, people like to brag, etc. People will avoid creating contracts with STAB in the future or at least be weary of contracting them in the future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marrius said:

Its a risk for either side. STAB got a good end right that moment but, they hurt their reputation. Word spreads fast, people like to brag, etc. People will avoid creating contracts with STAB in the future or at least be weary of contracting them in the future.

Yep, kinda hilites my point.  The STAB (in the back) creates doubt and vulnerability across the server, so that a pirate-backed wipe would be unlikely, and this arrangement might be implemented more sparingly, but also plays nicely into the way your suggested could work under contracts.  Nationals who over-use would eventually find out that playing with fire you get burned, eventually.

• Like 1

That is why I brought up a reputation system of being a privateer.  If you break it mid contract you loose rep big time and if you attack ships from one nation you will prob not be able to get contracts from that one nation.  Some one could prob play it with a balance to remain fairly good faith  with each nation to keep contracts going, but this would be clan base too.  While the Outlaws/Pirates are the Privateers without contracts or they got to the point there reputation will not allow them to work with any nation.   While on contract you can use the Nation ports and enter there port battle, but you can't join alliances port battles or use there ports.  Your deal is only with the one nation.  They can do something like the vote system for clans to get contracts with that one nation.  Though it needs to be locked out some how so you don't have every dang pirate going one nation to help them as privateers.  That and make the contracts weekly.   I kinda like the system MWO use for Mech Units. You get less loot from high pop house/factions if you join them over high loot/credts/xp from low pop.

While your not on a contract you can do raids as a pirate though.  Cause basically what is a Pirates?   Just a Privateer without a job.

• Like 1

Nationals have allliances and port battles.

Pirates should have port raids and no port battles.

that would balance it out, don't see why nationals need to raid as they can build buildings in captured ports and get resources. Raids would be a Pirates way to gather resources.

1 hour ago, Loco Bandito said:

Nationals have allliances and port battles.

Pirates should have port raids and no port battles.

that would balance it out, don't see why nationals need to raid as they can build buildings in captured ports and get resources. Raids would be a Pirates way to gather resources.

So only rats should be allowed to gain access to all resources at any time, and nationals are stuck to having to war for the region to be able to have a building there? This would mean rats can instantly have any resources they want, and nationals would have to wait to build hostility, wait another 46 hours for the PB, hope to win the PB, if they don't, then have to wait for the cpl days of cool down, then try it all over again?
Or ppl will just cheat with their alts like they already do.........

I would want nationals to be able to raid but I would think pirates should get a bigger bounty/reward in their raids by a significant margin.

I rarely think it is cheating to have an alt/extra account. I think it is cheating when you use that account to take up a battle/port battle slot. But that has already been talked about way too much to bring it back up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, van der Decken said:

So only rats should be allowed to gain access to all resources at any time, and nationals are stuck to having to war for the region to be able to have a building there? This would mean rats can instantly have any resources they want, and nationals would have to wait to build hostility, wait another 46 hours for the PB, hope to win the PB, if they don't, then have to wait for the cpl days of cool down, then try it all over again?
Or ppl will just cheat with their alts like they already do.........

Your assuming rats win 100% if you defend then we get zero resources. Thus forcing players to turn up for port battles.

You nationals can't have the whole cake lol.

Edited by Loco Bandito

2 hours ago, Loco Bandito said:

Your assuming rats win 100% if you defend then we get zero resources. Thus forcing players to turn up for port battles.

You nationals can't have the whole cake lol.

Does not help when raids will happen out of time zone, just as PBs do now.

2 hours ago, Loco Bandito said:

Forgot to add with your alliances you can access their ports. This is something rats do not have thus letting them raid would even the balance out.

Would not help when the rats want no alliances at all. If rats get what they want, alliances will disappear, nationals would be scarce in resources, and rats would have the ability to gather all resources while nationals sleep. This would lead to only rats having all the supplies and any ships they want and nations barely surviving.

4 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

Have you seen the map? You guys owned the whole map again and we take some ports and now your saying you won't have resources. 

Hello we are down to one region at one stage with no resources did we whine.

I said that prefaced by "IF rats got their way, alliances would disappear..."

2 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

Also it's a global game with people all over the world so if a raid happens while your asleep too bad. Same as if it happens to me. 

Dont be so selfish.

Indeed it is a global game, but we already lose ports at 5am EST, with only rats having raid, we'd also lose all resources at 5am EST. IF rats designed this game, nationals would be screwed forever...
With raids...don't be so selfish.

So what's your suggestion for a pirate mechanic? If we can't have in game alliances, ports, resource farms?

yet you imply nationals get in game alliances, use of each other's ports, resources, and RAIDING. 

You must in deed be a fat person who eats the whole cake all the time.

• Like 1