Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 Clash/Bicker Forum

OneEyedSnake

I don't know it needs to be salty...

Yesterday evening, we hit 206 online after the PB at Castries - overall a good sign - that is the most players I've seen in months and months.  How many of each nation?

The pirates had 25 in the Castries PB, 2-3 more outside, the Dutch/USA had 7 in the PB, 6 or 7 that didn't make it in.  The French had 5 screening, the Danes around 8-10 screening. I didn't see a single GB player, no swedes (or Spanish). So around 55-60 involved in the Castries PB.  There would have been a few more pirates and some USA at the other PB - I didn't see any reports on that battle - but I know the Pirates didn't send many.  I'm assuming 10+ USA and 4-5 pirates.  So around 70 players out of 200+ involved in the two PB's. 

None of the 5 swedes I know were online at that time - so most of the swedes were not in the 200.  I know of 2 French that did not join the screening. 

The other 130+ online have to be predominantly GB players, a good number of USA and Dutch players - and a few junior pirates.  There certainly were few French, Swedes, or Danes in the 130+.  So while some of the battles appear even, it's a very high proportion of French/swedes/Danish /pirates versus a fraction of the USA/GB/Dutch players..

By my rough calculations, the 200+ breaks down to be roughly:

• 30-40 pirates
  • 125-140 USA/Dutch/GB
  • 25-35 swedes/French/Dane

Do you think these numbers are roughly right?

Edited by ElricTheTwo

Unless it was a Mort Rat pirates sent zero to San Augustine.  They had 25 inside the port battle and about another 10-20 out side screening.  By reports it was mainly US/Brits, but there was even a one or two Dutch.  Again this is second hand info so take it with a grain of salt.

I know we had 1 guy that couldn't make it into Castries, but that was cause of the none BLACK clan members that joined.  I believe we had 21 in that battle up and ready in our TS and some of them weren't BLACK clan members.  Most I think we had on since the patch.  We didn't even have that many at Kidds in TS, but that cause some of the Mort Rats won't get into TS.  They filled the rest of that port battle up.  I'll be honest I was expecting more to show up at Castries cause so many use that for silver.  I mean really we been lucky to get 10 online most nights and there for a while you would only see 3-5 guys log on in a night.   So yah the fights are bringing out the old players, still many haven't logged in or they only log in for the Port Battles. It's only been a week so I wouldn't count your chickens just yet about us bring back or not.   Though we even notice a few none BLACK pirates have been showing up lately too.

I still don't think the alliance is healthy cause as Elric shows with his numbers the alliance is still 3-4 times the numbers others have. I don't count pirates as part of the Dane/French/Swedes alliance cause we can't join there port battles and well no one can join ours.  So that still leaves the majority of the player base that was on still US/Brit/Dutch and I bet ya'll could of fielded enough for both those port battles and fight.  While pirates or the DFS alliance can only field one prot battle.  I have also seen US field 20+ during both prime times for both US and SEA play times.  They aren't hurting on players, they are hurting on folks willing to fight or even just lead.

We been patrolling up the US coast line with groups of 2-6 players so it would be easy for them to get a group up and bring the fight to us.  They constantly hit 152 (6th-5th rate mission) with 4th rates.  While we are hitting 200 mission (curse SOL missions) with our SOL's. That is why our 6 players can grind the crap out of a region when your 10-20 players aren't putting  dent into it. Hell Joba been streaming the whole thing so it's not like we are even hiding what we are doing.   

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

20 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Loco no idea who the fcuk you are, but I'm the only Carebear on PvP US(2)

The rest are just plastic with no teeth...

you come for a hug anytime matey....

Norfolk nChance

I played solid for 6 months in helping lead the BLACK clan with numerous victories. Had a break.

some entertainment to refresh your mind.

10 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

That's great News Loco glad to have another old player back in PvP US(2). I'm new to this server Late November.

You stopped totally or went to PvP(1)?

Sopped completely many guys stopped as soon as we got Brits down to one region and the patch was coming. It's funny they think they beat us but we told them we where finish and taking a break until they drop the patch at the end of the month (this was back in Oct).  I mean we let them take every thing even kidds without a fight so you think some nation that took US to 11 prots and Brit 1 would just give up Kidds with no fight?   Well Black clan didn't show for the fights.   Than the patch killed it for many guys cause of the grind and to get PvP/Port battles and such.  It was really bad at one time we where averaging 3-5 guys online a night there until recently and even some nights it was 1-2 guys logging in.  Lack of PvP drives players away.

PS that battle was my first in a first rate and I officially had changed from UNKN to BLACK clan in Pirates.  I was so freaked out to loose that ship in that fight...lol 

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

That Vict was the same one I lost in Cap Frances when Brits took it back from us.   I have lost only two other first rates and only in recent port battles. Both them where captured first rates. I have yet to loose one I have actually crafted for myself.  I still have my first Santi I ever crafted sitting in Mort just for old memories.  

I'm kinda glad Loco posted that link.  Something been bothering me when I look at some of the names in recent port battles.  The ranks of some of the players I see.   Some of the older player aren't even Rear Admiral yet.  It's like they don't even grind and it's not really that hard to level up all but that last rank.  Well it's not hard if you do a bunch of PvP along with your fleet grindings.   I might post the findings after I look through a few recent port battles just for shits and giggles.

Ok I looked through my screen shots and there are some of the guys back than that still haven't made rear admiral out of those listed.  A few have, but I thought was funny the ones that haven't are some of the biggest smack talkers for there nations and you never see them PvP on the OW.  They only show up for port battles and are most the time the first to sink or run.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

16 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

I don't know it needs to be salty...

Yesterday evening, we hit 206 online after the PB at Castries - overall a good sign - that is the most players I've seen in months and months.  How many of each nation?

The pirates had 25 in the Castries PB, 2-3 more outside, the Dutch/USA had 7 in the PB, 6 or 7 that didn't make it in.  The French had 5 screening, the Danes around 8-10 screening. I didn't see a single GB player, no swedes (or Spanish). So around 55-60 involved in the Castries PB.  There would have been a few more pirates and some USA at the other PB - I didn't see any reports on that battle - but I know the Pirates didn't send many.  I'm assuming 10+ USA and 4-5 pirates.  So around 70 players out of 200+ involved in the two PB's. 

None of the 5 swedes I know were online at that time - so most of the swedes were not in the 200.  I know of 2 French that did not join the screening. 

The other 130+ online have to be predominantly GB players, a good number of USA and Dutch players - and a few junior pirates.  There certainly were few French, Swedes, or Danes in the 130+.  So while some of the battles appear even, it's a very high proportion of French/swedes/Danish /pirates versus a fraction of the USA/GB/Dutch players..

By my rough calculations, the 200+ breaks down to be roughly:

• 30-40 pirates
  • 125-140 USA/Dutch/GB
  • 25-35 swedes/French/Dane

Do you think these numbers are roughly right?

It seems like the Dutch/GB/USA are not disputing the rough numbers... 

Breaking this down into approximate percentages of players by nation - it looks like this:

• USA 30%
  • Dutch 20%
  • GB 20%
  • Pirate 15%
  • Spain - rounding error
  • France 3%
  • Dane 9%
  • Swedes 3%

30 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

It seems like the Dutch/GB/USA are not disputing the rough numbers... 

Breaking this down into approximate percentages of players by nation - it looks like this:

• USA 30%
  • Dutch 20%
  • GB 20%
  • Pirate 15%
  • Spain - rounding error
  • France 3%
  • Dane 9%
  • Swedes 3%

All Dutch that were online showed either in the PB or outside of one of the two, we had 17. As for GB and US. US probably had about what you estimate, GB a bit lower a think, and we ran into the benny group down in our lands during that. They didn't fare well. Ran quickly back into guava and later orchila haha 

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That Vict was the same one I lost in Cap Frances when Brits took it back from us.   I have lost only two other first rates and only in recent port battles. Both them where captured first rates. I have yet to loose one I have actually crafted for myself.  I still have my first Santi I ever crafted sitting in Mort just for old memories.  

I'm kinda glad Loco posted that link.  Something been bothering me when I look at some of the names in recent port battles.  The ranks of some of the players I see.   Some of the older player aren't even Rear Admiral yet.  It's like they don't even grind and it's not really that hard to level up all but that last rank.  Well it's not hard if you do a bunch of PvP along with your fleet grindings.   I might post the findings after I look through a few recent port battles just for shits and giggles.

Ok I looked through my screen shots and there are some of the guys back than that still haven't made rear admiral out of those listed.  A few have, but I thought was funny the ones that haven't are some of the biggest smack talkers for there nations and you never see them PvP on the OW.  They only show up for port battles and are most the time the first to sink or run.

Those players are what lost that American port. Even though our alliance has a high player base only about 10-20% is actually capable of decent pvp. And 30% probably aren't carebears. That's why I say raw numbers don't matter in terms of nation, rather the numbers of effective fighters they can put in a port battle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Those players are what lost that American port. Even though our alliance has a high player base only about 10-20% is actually capable of decent pvp. And 30% probably aren't carebears. That's why I say raw numbers don't matter in terms of nation, rather the numbers of effective fighters they can put in a port battle.

That is why I say Dutch and Pirates have about the same.  We have more prob over all, but we have close to the same active PvPers up till this week.  We prob now have more if we can keep them interested.  Stop the PvP and we will loose there interest again.  

Dutch could use a good alliance with one other nation, but I would say only one not the two largest.  They would of been great if they paired up with the Brits.  Even so I think just them and the US would be fine for most folks to fill out numbers. 

Brits did awesome this morning in the fight against Danes even out number they pretty much fought to the last man.  They had a few stragglers and prob could of fought it a bit more defensively and held off the Danes....  If they keep it up and get structure I think they can be a force to fight.  They just need to get out from under US shirt tail and do things for there selves.  

US has the numbers but the problem is no one wants to work with each other.  If they ever got organized they could pretty much wipe all the other nations off the map.  I really think they gotten to big for there britches and need to be knocked down a bit and that would force some of the clans to work together and become more unified, but they seem to use Brits and Dutch as there cannon fodder to fill battles that they bring pretty much 20+ any way and over match any one else they fight.  BRIT vs US would be very healthy for the server to be honest and I think would get a lot more players back that want to PvP on both sides.  We get to many defectors when it gets like this and it's not healthy for the server pop.  Many of them will only last a short time and than hope back to one nation or another when they tend to win over others.  US can afford to loose a few good regions. Kinda think it's good they lost one major region close to home and well maybe a second tonight (we will see).  If we take Wellington tonight we will stop what we are doing and move on to one of two other nations. I think you can prob guess who is going to be next. I mean they did declare war on us and attacked our main resources of silver and copper after all lol....hint hint....but than again who knows what Pirates might do next.  Well BLACK that is as we haven't gotten that far, but every one can be assured we are not planing to zerg the map.  That didn't help our clan or the nation or other nations one bit.  Hell when green on green comes out for Pirates I think we are going to be to busy killing each other for fun to worry about National stuff ya'll will need to find your own entertainment lol

Does any one know if there is any regional maps that tell the counts for the nations like we use to have with the flag systems?  I'm going to just pull the map up and count in a bit, but just wondering what the make out of the nation region counts per nation is for Elric's numbers up there.

Actual numbers is what I'm chasing.  It does get muddy with alts.

Here's the categories of players I see:

• Senior PvP players - active
  • Junior PvP players (250 crew max) - active, but learning - not PB capable except for shallow battles or mortar brigs
  • Solo PvP players - not interested in PB's
  • PvE Players/Traders - rarely seen in PvP
  • Rookies - 150 crew max
  • Alts - Traders
  • Alts - Active in PvP
  • Total active players / week

With Alts - some players fight for multiple nations, some fight alongside their primary character in battles.

Anyone want to submit their estimate of their nation?

Here's my assessment of France for the last week:

• 5 - Senior PvP players - active
  • 3- Junior PvP players (250 crew max) - active, but learning - not PB capable except for shallow battles or mortar brigs
  • 0 - Solo PvP players - not interested in PB's
  • 1 - PvE Players/Traders - rarely seen in PvP
  • 4 - Rookies - 150 crew max
  • ?? - Alts - Traders
  • 1 - Alts - Active in PvP
  • 14 - Total active players / week
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh and I saw a third Spaniard this morning in the shallows and no I didn't kill him.....maybe Spain is finally growing. I told ya'll if you find me a gunboat BP I'll roll my other Pirate back to Spain after all.

at this growth rate, they could get into double digits before the wipe...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Actual numbers is what I'm chasing.  It does get muddy with alts.

Here's the categories of players I see:

• Senior PvP players - active
  • Junior PvP players (250 crew max) - active, but learning - not PB capable except for shallow battles or mortar brigs
  • Solo PvP players - not interested in PB's
  • PvE Players/Traders - rarely seen in PvP
  • Rookies - 150 crew max
  • Alts - Traders
  • Alts - Active in PvP
  • Total active players / week

With Alts - some players fight for multiple nations, some fight alongside their primary character in battles.

Anyone want to submit their estimate of their nation?

• 3- Junior PvP players (250 crew max) - active, but learning - not PB capable except for shallow battles or mortar brigs
  • ?? - Alts - Traders

Are you wanting us to include those available every night, or those available a majority of the nights during the week? Because I know these numbers can be quite different for some nations...especially if you are looking for those available at different times of the day. 

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

OK STS (<---wow that sounds like a disease, lol), now who's talking smack?  What do you care whether people rank up fast or slow?  Is this an appendage-measuring contest based upon XP earned?  You type too much, bro, or your forgot to take your meds today. :P

9 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

• ?? - Alts - Traders

Elric, ole boy, sounds about right to me. ;)   (...and I think I know where you slotted me :lol: )

Edited by Jean Ribault

34 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Elric OneEye

I definitely wasn't on, and great it breach 200+ players. I'm still new but seriously are the Dutch numbers so High?

The Danes 9% is the actual player and not the ALTs as well of course.

this as got to be a good sign going forward with more people returning....

I don't know where your data came from.    9%   18?    On that day, when 200 people online, Denmark online 3 

• Like 1

I find that as @Sir Texas Sir I believe stated that the United States is a bit divided. Although nothing that we saw last year with Great Britain. Sure the United States has the largest population with Great Britain a close second. What needs to be considered however is the number of rookies, pve, and econ/crafting players. I do believe that Great Britain and United States are increasing having their ranks slowly filled by non-PvP players and at least with Great Britain, a whole lot of rookies. @ElricTheTwo was hitting this or at least scratching the nose.

Yes, this is a "PvP" server. Unlike other MMOs however, Naval Action is a sandbox game as well. PvE and crafting only players are just a big apart and have the same right on the server as any PvP player. A similar game of the same sandbox gametype I would say is Arma II and III. Specifically the game type mode wasteland which is a very pvp heavy game type. However, you will still get a decent percentage of the population on a server focused more on collecting loot, pve, base building, and that occasion hello kitty that just wants to fly around with the only hind on the damn island. So my views I see it as healthy to have a collection of various interests on a single server and that even though United States, Great Britain, and Dutch alliance might have the larger population how many of those are "experienced" PvP players.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Are you wanting us to include those available every night, or those available a majority of the nights during the week? Because I know these numbers can be quite different for some nations...especially if you are looking for those available at different times of the day. 

Really over the course of the last week.  It is very difficult to get peak numbers as we all have players in different time zones.