Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 - Meeting of the Clans (1/29 Sunday 9pm EST/Monday 2am UTC)

VirtuallyIdiotic

Have been working to get the major players and various other voices to meet together for a few weeks now. Finally a meeting has been set up for Sunday and was going to just leave everything there. Decided though after seeing PvP1 was doing a similar meeting I thought it best to at least make a separate post where the ground rules are placed and the subjects of the meeting to be listed. This meeting will consist of all the political factions. Unfortunately to have this meeting many requested the Pirates to have their invitation pulled otherwise they would walk. Personally I disagree with this but one must pick and choose their battles carefully unless wishing to unravel any attempt of progress. The meeting will be discussing mainly how to end certain negative trends that have occurred and will more than likely come into being. After the conclusion of the meeting, possibly Monday afternoon since I have a busy morning, I will post the results of the meeting here. I do not expect every subject to be concluded but I do hope some agreements can be met. 

Rules:

1. Each clan leader can have only a max of two officers present for the meeting. If the meeting is too large the officers will be asked to leave the teamspeak. 
  2. There will be no discussion of pirates. Since they are not present there is no reason for us to discuss about them. 
  3. No discussion of ones clan or faction will become the focal point of a discussion. Only time this will be allowed is when there is a discussion of repopulating the server. 
  4. If anyone becomes unruly or is causing a ruckus either by intention or unintentional will be removed after being warned.
  5. Staying on the subject is key. If the host states we need to get back on subject or if we are continuing onto the next subject then the group must proceed as instructed. 

Topics:

1. How should we proceed to prevent any sort of attempt at one porting another faction?
  2. Find a way to end wars in a diplomatic manner rather than just attempting to eliminate them completely.
  3. How to repopulate the server and build up the smaller factions such Spain, Sweden, and France to where they are actually able to compete in PvP and OW. 

French thoughts: Since they will be a bit late in showing up they wanted presented me a list of a few issues they wish to discuss and a few of them I do find reasonable. 

• Each nation should have at least one good crafting region (strong hull, British refit, pirate refit, etc.) - and that region should be immune to attack.
  • Each nation should have access to key materials (silver in particular, mahogany/live oak for a fair degree).  i.e. owning a region, or being allied to a nation that has those ports.  At the moment, The Danes, Spanish, French and Swedes have no silver (very hard to get), no mahogany (long haul to get), no live oak (none of the SINK players have Alts).  We can't craft a decent ship as we have no crafting region, no silver to make notes, and no way of crafting gold mods.
  • We would like to see a maximum number of regions for any one nation. 
  • It would be nice to agree on select regions being intermixed with other nations AND being immune to attack to help stimulate PvP and even PvE (i.e. the USA has such a long contiguous coastline that there are no enemy AI fleets/traders) and that whole area of the map has become a dead zone.

Results:

For the first meeting it went very well. I want to thank everyone that was able to show up. Especially the Danes who I know the hour was a stretch for a few of you. Basically this is what was concluded after the first meeting:

1. No faction no matter how small will get another non-allied national support for taking territory, free ships, and free resources. Any individual that wants to help them out by setting up contracts, notes, etc, is alright. It is up to them and their allies to communicate and to benefit from one another in their partnership and to be pro-active between one another. 

2. There is a gentlemen's agreement between the individuals that attended that there will not be any attempt to one port any national faction. This is a gentlemen's agreement which does mean that we are unable to control each factions complete population. Although the major clans that did attend have agreed to this.

3. The door is left open for a diplomatic solution to wars. Not straight peace but a temporary truce if all leaders of each faction in question are willing to meet and come to an agreement for the truce. 

Note for Devs:

When we talked about repopulating the server we have come to the conclusion that we as the players have attempted what means we can do to promote this game. To balance the factions we were unable to find a solution within our powers unless full clans decided to leave one faction for another which would be a hard undertaking and most do not wish to harm the integrity of their clans. A possible solution which one you might be able to implement is creating a bonus system for smaller populated factions or to create a system that will lock new players out from joining larger factions and have them choose between the smaller ones instead. These were just random ideas we were bouncing around during our conversations. 

Conclusion: 

In conclusion it was a very good meeting. No arguments and the conversation even if diverted slightly on occasion always went back on track quickly. Out of all the subject matters all the factions seemed to come to reasonable conclusions on the matter at hand and kept it light heart at the same time. We kept the past in the past and wished to achieve a better server for everyone and not just themselves. Another meeting will occur next month. However this one will be smaller with only representatives chosen by their peers to be in attendance. I want to thank again to everyone that showed up and for a successful meeting. 

Now before any of the members of the Pirate faction post here, please if you would so kindly refrain from posting your displeasure of not being invited to the meeting or any negativity to how this will never work, waste of time, etc. If you really do care about the server we can all do is be positive. Here is a chance to even add your own opinions on the subjects we are going to be discussing Sunday. Again I am sorry I had to pull the invitations to your leaders.

Also would like to thank Christendom for the idea of this posts format.

This thread may be closed now. Discussions for setting up our next meeting has already begun.

Edited by Marrius
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marrius said:

Rules:

1. Each clan leader can have only a max of two officers present for the meeting. If the meeting is too large the officers will be asked to leave the teamspeak. 

Some nations have an excess of clans. Do you mean two from each nation or really each clan? Also, a subject in the PvP1 talks was in relation to game mechanics and proposing something to the devs. Will game mechanics be a subject here as well, considering it will bring a different perspective (of a smaller population base) to provide the devs with?
Thank you for posting this. I look forward to the results.

5 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Some nations have an excess of clans. Do you mean two from each nation or really each clan?

no. Dutch will have to decide who will stay and who will leave if it comes to that. 

5 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Also, a subject in the PvP1 talks was in relation to game mechanics and proposing something to the devs. Will game mechanics be a subject here as well, considering it will bring a different perspective (of a smaller population base) to provide the devs with?

No since the we need to be working to a solution right away. The Devs have enough on their plate and would be unable to do a solution right away.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marrius said:

no. Dutch will have to decide who will stay and who will leave if it comes to that. 

No since the we need to be working to a solution right away. The Devs have enough on their plate and would be unable to do a solution right away.

Dutch, US, and Brits...heh.
Was just curious if the intent was the same as PvP1's talk or not. TY and to all GL with the talks. Quite interested in the results.

PORT BATTLE Port-au-Prince 4th rates Deep Water:     0 Pirates vs Who knows how many Brits and friends.

Sorry guys we all sleeped in.   We never even plan to do a port battle here but when we where grinding it up to get folks to come out and PvP we sanked a bunch of players and it flipped it.   While we don't plan to do any port battles any time soon so you can just figure out if you want to show to any flips or not.   Maybe we will show maybe we won't.   We won't be loosing any sleep over it.   Now it's up to you to see if we show or not, maybe we will show at one time or not.  It's not like you can't just flip the port back later during your prime time.  Of the 4 port battles that are scheduled I will be honest to say that Pirates only plan to maybe show up to screen them and no intentions to show up other wise.  Even Cayes don't expect us to show for that one.   WE figure if you want to wake up and get your free Paint and Ships than that is your right to do so.  

Thanks J14 Para for this screen shot.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/155773601381331779/7CC2CFF9AAEE539227B444473FC2A77CD2D52189/

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

PORT BATTLE Port-au-Prince 4th rates Deep Water:     0 Pirates vs Who knows how many Brits and friends.

Sorry guys we all sleeped in.   We never even plan to do a port battle here but when we where grinding it up to get folks to come out and PvP we sanked a bunch of players and it flipped it.   While we don't plan to do any port battles any time soon so you can just figure out if you want to show to any flips or not.   Maybe we will show maybe we won't.   We won't be loosing any sleep over it.   Now it's up to you to see if we show or not, maybe we will show at one time or not.  It's not like you can't just flip the port back later during your prime time.  Of the 4 port battles that are scheduled I will be honest to say that Pirates only plan to maybe show up to screen them and not intentions to show up other wise.  Even Cayes don't expect us to show for that one.   WE figure if you want to wake up and get your free Paint and Ships than that is your right to do so.  

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/155773601381331779/7CC2CFF9AAEE539227B444473FC2A77CD2D52189/

From the quick estimate I got there were close to 40-50 ships at that port battle. 

1 minute ago, Marrius said:

From the quick estimate I got there were close to 40-50 ships at that port battle. 

People really don't understand how wars of attritions work.  We don't have to show for the big battle if we are doing more harm with the skirms before and up to that battle.  Just look at many other wars it was done with.  French and Indian, Revolution, Civil, Nam.....it wasn't all ways the bigger better supplied Army that won things and you didn't really have to make it a big fight to do the harm.  Take out supplies and resources where it hurts.  Though for us it's more just the fact to get folks out to PVP and that isn't some event is why we drive agro up.  99% of the fight is won in the head and not on the battle field.   And since there is no thing as total victory in this game so that even if we where pushed back to one region just like other nations we can still fight.  We just fight a different way.  Can't bring numbers to port battles cause of the alliance than we just keep the fights to OW and pick the ones we want to be in.

And well we are pirates so what the hell you expect us to do, fight like Nations?  Ya'll complained about our Iron Fleets in the past so well we don' thave the numbers to roll 20 strong in 1st rates so we are going to fight like pirates do.  Hit and run, hit and run.

Sir Texas,

Congratulations on yesterday and today's rouse. This is one of the basic core key military strategies that was not only used by Napoleon in the NA era but in every conflict from the beginning of time right up to the Vietnam conflict, the IRA in the UK and current operations with the Taliban or ISIS.

You might be my enemy but well done Sir Texas on your execution and timing, brilliant… o7

So if you want to read on… This is what the Pirate Nation are doing, this is just the basic strategy and underlying tactics. It's a tad dull but I thought some might like to read it. If you want a cure for insomnia this will help. Junior Pirates, if unsure of why you were told to do something, or fcuked up a plan and don't know why, you might want to read on also…

Further references:

http://www.theartofbattle.com/

The main written work on this subject is called "Strategy: The Indirect Approach" by Basil Liddell Hart. Am sure you can get a free PDF of the work or on Amazon.com

General subject area is Guerrilla warfare and the Forced Multiplier effect.

If you are faced with a much larger force it's better to miss-direct, confuse, agitate and depress the enemy. When you are far away, appear to be close at hand, when near the enemy appear far away. When you engage him make sure it's with total war and you have a much larger force at the point of contact (the forced multiplier effect)…

The strategy like any other has some fatal flaws if used incorrectly, I'm sure Sir Texas knows this but hopefully if you were with me in today's port battle event or you were sunk in last night's action don't disappear please read on how to counter it.

The above examples I pointed out in the opening paragraph you've all probably heard of. The common theme is they all eventually failed or are currently on the back foot. The surprise shock leads to confusion that then turns into fear. The problem with this is the longevity of the operation and is its own worst enemy. The smaller force must keep adapting and changing its routines time and time again and if they slip up, make one mistake it all crashes. This becomes an exhausting process on any and every measure.

The larger slower creature can and does absorb this process at a much smaller or cheaper rate than the smaller opponent, but only If the larger force becomes aware of this particular strategy been used against it. On the whole we need to become a lot more organized with coordinated information gathering and delivery. Making good use of Coordinated response teams with a support line back up is what's needed. You actually do this already but might not realize it or make use of the vital information you have at hand. It needs a central hub to process and collate data to make an informed decision. I will go into the details of this with you and your clan leaders later if requested.

The Pirate strategy was brilliantly executed, however this type of warfare is best suited for a much smaller force. The Pirate Nation is the third largest on PvP US(2) I believe. Yes it was better organized this time but its core army needs to be pushed, man handled, educated every time it implements a new rouse. The pressure on the senior officers is exhausting with prolong use. This amplifies when you only need one idiot to give the game away… Therein lies the problem how many idiots and senior officers does Pirate have….? Too many… the third largest Nation...

Take a very young unknown small but determined force with one command head and one coordinator added to the well trained team… well let's just call them care bears for arguments sake…. How do they control, agitate, take over and strike continually when and where at  will…? Six weeks seems a very long time when on the receiving end of a properly executed plan.

What you see is what they want you to see, When you put 2 and 2 together it's because of the trail of breadcrumbs that were intentionally left for you to find. If you remain unfocused and unaware the rouses will continue to work with ever more impact.

I do believe PvP US(2) as warmed up, and is about to catch fire…!

again well done, and with regards

Norfolk nChance

Edited by Norfolk nChance
Apologies I shouldn't posted on this thread either ....o7
  • Like 1

Not inviting the pirates is unreasonable. I don't think there's any denying that the biggest problems between clans have to do with the pirates. If you all get together then what would you even talk about? Letting the Swedes and Danes keep a few regions?(Which I doubt would ever happen) I'm going to take a guess that it's Cordova that would walk out if pirates were involved in the talks, but we're a part of the server whether he likes it or not. If he refuses to talk to his enemies during meetings like this, then what's the point? Us pirates deserve a say in meetings of diplomacy.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Marrius said:

Have been working to get the major players and various other voices to meet together for a few weeks now. Finally a meeting has been set up for Sunday and was going to just leave everything there. Decided though after seeing PvP1 was doing a similar meeting I thought it best to at least make a separate post where the ground rules are placed and the subjects of the meeting to be listed. This meeting will consist of all the political factions. Unfortunately to have this meeting many requested the Pirates to have their invitation pulled otherwise they would walk. Personally I disagree with this but one must pick and choose their battles carefully unless wishing to unravel any attempt of progress. The meeting will be discussing mainly how to end certain negative trends that have occurred and will more than likely come into being. After the conclusion of the meeting, possibly Monday afternoon since I have a busy morning, I will post the results of the meeting here. I do not expect every subject to be concluded but I do hope some agreements can be met. 

Rules:

2. There will be no discussion of pirates. Since they are not present there is no reason for us to discuss about them. 
  3. No discussion of ones clan or faction will become the focal point of a discussion. Only time this will be allowed is when there is a discussion of repopulating the server. 
  4. If anyone becomes unruly or is causing a ruckus either by intention or unintentional will be removed after being warned.
  5. Staying on the subject is key. If the host states we need to get back on subject or if we are continuing onto the next subject then the group must proceed as instructed. 

Topics:

1. How should we proceed to prevent any sort of attempt at one porting another faction?
  2. Find a way to end wars in a diplomatic manner rather than just attempting to eliminate them completely.
  3. How to repopulate the server and build up the smaller factions such Spain, Sweden, and France to where they are actually able to compete in PvP and OW. 

Now before any of the members of the Pirate faction post here, please if you would so kindly refrain from posting your displeasure of not being invited to the meeting or any negativity to how this will never work, waste of time, etc. If you really do care about the server we can all do is be positive. Here is a chance to even add your own opinions on the subjects we are going to be discussing Sunday. Again I am sorry I had to pull the invitations to your leaders.

From someone who does not generally play on PvP 2 (in the interest of full disclosure, I do have a PvP 2 British character but have not logged in to play @ PvP 2 for weeks) I wish you success on your meeting.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Sorry guys we all sleeped in.   We never even plan to do a port battle here but when we where grinding it up to get folks to come out and PvP we sanked a bunch of players and it flipped it.   While we don't plan to do any port battles any time soon so you can just figure out if you want to show to any flips or not.   Maybe we will show maybe we won't.   We won't be loosing any sleep over it.   Now it's up to you to see if we show or not, maybe we will show at one time or not.  It's not like you can't just flip the port back later during your prime time.  Of the 4 port battles that are scheduled I will be honest to say that Pirates only plan to maybe show up to screen them and no intentions to show up other wise.  Even Cayes don't expect us to show for that one.   WE figure if you want to wake up and get your free Paint and Ships than that is your right to do so.  

Crap this was suppose to have been postd in the other one....lol Just was checking to see what norfolk poasted and noticed this was in the wrong thread.

Sorry to have posted off topic.

18 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Sir Texas,

Congratulations on yesterday and today's rouse. This is one of the basic core key military strategies that was not only used by Napoleon in the NA era but in every conflict from the beginning of time right up to the Vietnam conflict, the IRA in the UK and current operations with the Taliban or ISIS.

You might be my enemy but well done Sir Texas on your execution and timing, brilliant… o7

So if you want to read on… This is what the Pirate Nation are doing, this is just the basic strategy and underlying tactics. It's a tad dull but I thought some might like to read it. If you want a cure for insomnia this will help. Junior Pirates, if unsure of why you were told to do something, or fcuked up a plan and don't know why, you might want to read on also…

Further references:

http://www.theartofbattle.com/

The main written work on this subject is called "Strategy: The Indirect Approach" by Basil Liddell Hart. Am sure you can get a free PDF of the work or on Amazon.com

General subject area is Guerrilla warfare and the Forced Multiplier effect.

If you are faced with a much larger force it's better to miss-direct, confuse, agitate and depress the enemy. When you are far away, appear to be close at hand, when near the enemy appear far away. When you engage him make sure it's with total war and you have a much larger force at the point of contact (the forced multiplier effect)…

The strategy like any other has some fatal flaws if used incorrectly, I'm sure Sir Texas knows this but hopefully if you were with me in today's port battle event or you were sunk in last night's action don't disappear please read on how to counter it.

The above examples I pointed out in the opening paragraph you've all probably heard of. The common theme is they all eventually failed or are currently on the back foot. The surprise shock leads to confusion that then turns into fear. The problem with this is the longevity of the operation and is its own worst enemy. The smaller force must keep adapting and changing its routines time and time again and if they slip up, make one mistake it all crashes. This becomes an exhausting process on any and every measure.

The larger slower creature can and does absorb this process at a much smaller or cheaper rate than the smaller opponent, but only If the larger force becomes aware of this particular strategy been used against it. On the whole we need to become a lot more organized with coordinated information gathering and delivery. Making good use of Coordinated response teams with a support line back up is what's needed. You actually do this already but might not realize it or make use of the vital information you have at hand. It needs a central hub to process and collate data to make an informed decision. I will go into the details of this with you and your clan leaders later if requested.

The Pirate strategy was brilliantly executed, however this type of warfare is best suited for a much smaller force. The Pirate Nation is the third largest on PvP US(2) I believe. Yes it was better organized this time but its core army needs to be pushed, man handled, educated every time it implements a new rouse. The pressure on the senior officers is exhausting with prolong use. This amplifies when you only need one idiot to give the game away… Therein lies the problem how many idiots and senior officers does Pirate have….? Too many… the third largest Nation...

Take a very young unknown small but determined force with one command head and one coordinator added to the well trained team… well let's just call them care bears for arguments sake…. How do they control, agitate, take over and strike continually when and where at  will…? Six weeks seems a very long time when on the receiving end of a properly executed plan.

What you see is what they want you to see, When you put 2 and 2 together it's because of the trail of breadcrumbs that were intentionally left for you to find. If you remain unfocused and unaware the rouses will continue to work with ever more impact.

I do believe PvP US(2) as warmed up, and is about to catch fire…!

again well done, and with regards

Norfolk nChance

Good write up, but it more explains how we fought before the patch when we had numbers.  I'll be honest to you it was mainly one clan with 15-20 active players that brought US to 11 ports and Brit to 1 port.   Now we are about 5-10 guys if we are lucky to get that.  Yes we have what we call the Mort rats (all the other guys doing there own thing).  Remember before patch there was COM and ZILCH in the Pirate nation. One went to PvP1 and the other faded away.    Since we can't field 20 first rates any more with he Iron fleet we switched our ways of fighting.  That and well it's more fun to keep it to OW and PvP than some big port battle where it's 35+ against like 15 guys.  We have been averaging 12-19 at port battles with Kidds the only time we have hit 25 since the Patch came out.   While all the other nations are rolling  15-25+ every port battle with only one alliance and 35+ with all three nations.   It seems we show up with more than 5-8 guys we are apparently back to our old ways and zerging the server.  

• Like 1

Sweden will not send representatives if the Pirates are not allowed to participate.  Whether you agree or not, the Pirates are part of the PVP2 community and deserve to be represented at any PVP2 server meeting.  The best way to achieve an agreement is to attain buy-in by all community members.

• Like 3

On 1/28/2017 at 1:33 AM, Marrius said:

French thoughts: Since they will be a bit late in showing up they wanted presented me a list of a few issues they wish to discuss and a few of them I do find reasonable. 

• Each nation should have at least one good crafting region (strong hull, British refit, pirate refit, etc.) - and that region should be immune to attack. Not counting capital region all nations should have at least one crafting region as mentioned and prob one none crafting.  So three regions should be the min like we use to have 5 ports as the limit that you don't take them down past.   
  • Each nation should have access to key materials (silver in particular, mahogany/live oak for a fair degree).  i.e. owning a region, or being allied to a nation that has those ports.  At the moment, The Danes, Spanish, French and Swedes have no silver (very hard to get), no mahogany (long haul to get), no live oak (none of the SINK players have Alts).  We can't craft a decent ship as we have no crafting region, no silver to make notes, and no way of crafting gold mods.
  • We would like to see a maximum number of regions for any one nation. Danes did get there silver and copper back today.   So the other nations can share those ports. I been filling any silver contract that isn't Dutch/Brit/US at Castries cause they have there own silver sources.  Would be good faith if those players of those natiosn remove there contracts from this port to let Swede/French do there contracts if they don't get silver from Danes.  Remember Pirates are very firm about keeping this region until we have another replacement silver region.  That would mean we have to have it in hand and secure before we turn it back over to France.  Though I don't see US (who has three silver regions) or Brits (who has 2) giving up any of there regions any time soon to us or any other nationals.
  • It would be nice to agree on select regions being intermixed with other nations AND being immune to attack to help stimulate PvP and even PvE (i.e. the USA has such a long contiguous coastline that there are no enemy AI fleets/traders) and that whole area of the map has become a dead zone.  There are several regions with no bonus on the edge of nations that could be picked as great spots for war zones.  Where any one can flip that region and fight over it so that they can stimulate PvP and RvR between nations.  No one is saying Brit/US have to go to war with each other, but a lot of folks want to fight and they could pick a region or regions like this in there nations that every one can fight over.   This will encourage PvP and fights.   This will help get the population up.  As folks leave cause they are bored and there is no fights going on.

Results:

For the first meeting it went very well. I want to thank everyone that was able to show up. Especially the Danes who I know the hour was a stretch for a few of you. Basically this is what was concluded after the first meeting:

1. No faction no matter how small will get another non-allied nations support for taking territory, free ships, and free resources. Any individual that wants to help them out by setting up contracts, notes, etc, is alright. It is up to them and their allies to communicate and to benefit from one another in their partnership and to be pro-active between one another. The problem with this is that Pirates don't have an alliance but we help other nations all the time.  The only reason we don't help Brit/US is cause they don't need it.   Devs even said that there where Traitors and Spy's in real life so your all ways going to have alts and others helping other nations out even with or without alliance so not even speaking of this as a Pirate.  Your basically through the whole concept of diplomacy and make secret deals to set up for future changes out the window.  

This is pretty much saying that since no one is in an alliance with Spain that no one nation can help them until they are picked up as an alliance. 

2. There is a gentlemen's agreement between the individuals that attended that there will not be any attempt to one port any national faction. This is a gentlemen's agreement which does mean that we are unable to control each factions complete population. Although the major clans that did attend have agreed to this.  I'm sure the pirates will agree to this too. In fact I'll go a step further and say all nations should be allowed to have there capital and two other regions, one being a crafting perk region of Pirate, British, French refits and Hull Strength.   I'll even throw Northern Carpenter as one of the main regions/refits.   

3. The door is left open for a diplomatic solution to wars. Not straight peace but a temporary truce if all leaders of each faction in question are willing to meet and come to an agreement for the truce. No one is saying you have to go to war with any one.  You can still do PvP and port battles if your not at war with some one.  This is why the big nations should drop there alliance and pick up a small nation.  They have enough regions to use in there own nation to share with smaller nations.  I think if you stop having the two biggest nations using each other regions they will us there own regions not being used and that would stimulate more PvP on the OW as folks have to actually move there stuff around and not just do every thing the easy way, than it will also support the little guys.

Note for Devs:

When we talked about repopulating the server we have come to the conclusion that we as the players have attempted what means we can do to promote this game. To balance the factions we were unable to find a solution within our powers unless full clans decided to leave one faction for another which would be a hard undertaking and most do not wish to harm the integrity of their clans. A possible solution which one you might be able to implement is creating a bonus system for smaller populated factions or to create a system that will lock new players out from joining larger factions and have them choose between the smaller ones instead. These were just random ideas we were bouncing around during our conversations. 

On big thing is they need port battles timer fixed and Devs have told me they are working on a solution to fix that in a future patch/hot fix once they get it fixed.  I still don't think they have come up with something that will solve the issues with the TRI alliance and no one fighting on PvP2 or the crushing of small nations since there is no TOTAL CONQUEST.   They really need to do a region reset say every 2-3 months so it forces folks to fight over regions as they will have to regain them after every reset.

Conclusion: 

In conclusion it was a very good meeting. No arguments and the conversation even if diverted slightly on occasion always went back on track quickly. Out of all the subject matters all the factions seemed to come to reasonable conclusions on the matter at hand and kept it light heart at the same time. We kept the past in the past and wished to achieve a better server for everyone and not just themselves. Another meeting will occur next month. However this one will be smaller with only representatives chosen by their peers to be in attendance. I want to thank again to everyone that showed up and for a successful meeting. 

You might want to arrange them every two weeks or something even three weeks so that they aren't exactly the same time and a month apart a lot can happen.  The 1st and the 15th is a good time maybe so it's not so long between the meetings and they fall on other evenings than just say Sunday.   I do family stuff myself on Sunday so I don't get onto game until late. I think if there is one faction/clan group that doesn't wont to work things out than we just need to leave them out and sooner or later your numbers will be big enough you can   Not pointing any figures or stating who, but I get a feeling a lot of players aren't happy with old systems, but soon the new players are going to out number those older players and will take the votes away from them and the control of the nations so keep it up.

Since we weren't allowed to go this is my two cents about the meeting and comments on.  Hope some things got moved forward though.  It takes baby steps and don't give up on getting changes and making things better.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 2:33 AM, Marrius said:

Rules:

Topics:

• Each nation should have at least one good crafting region (strong hull, British refit, pirate refit, etc.) - and that region should be immune to attack.
  • We would like to see a maximum number of regions for any one nation. 
  • It would be nice to agree on select regions being intermixed with other nations AND being immune to attack to help stimulate PvP and even PvE (i.e. the USA has such a long contiguous coastline that there are no enemy AI fleets/traders) and that whole area of the map has become a dead zone.

Results:

1. No faction no matter how small will get another non-allied nations support for taking territory, free ships, and free resources. Any individual that wants to help them out by setting up contracts, notes, etc, is alright. It is up to them and their allies to communicate and to benefit from one another in their partnership and to be pro-active between one another. 

2. There is a gentlemen's agreement between the individuals that attended that there will not be any attempt to one port any national faction. This is a gentlemen's agreement which does mean that we are unable to control each factions complete population. Although the major clans that did attend have agreed to this.

3. The door is left open for a diplomatic solution to wars. Not straight peace but a temporary truce if all leaders of each faction in question are willing to meet and come to an agreement for the truce. 

Note for Devs:

Conclusion: 

Wow, hosted and been to allot of meetings in my time.  Every meeting report included a list of attendees.  As this only appears to have been attended by the Dutch, and the Pirates were excluded, the DEVS should not conclude this as a unanimous decree and/or decision by the players on PVP2.  Please note, one participant reported in global chat immediately after the meeting that this meeting was the biggest one hour waste of his life.   Great job on some mental masturbation, not sure what this will achieve for the game but good luck with it anyway.