Game-Labs Forum

The Trader Raider's Map

So, I planned to move my outposts around a bit so when no one else was on I could do some trader raiding. It was a little frustrating using the in game map to see where the gold, silver, and copper producing ports were so I took a screen shot of the map and created my own.  Thought I would share it even though it is not very useful. 

Yellow means gold, white is silver, and brown is copper. 

IMG_2168.PNG

• Like 9

Good initiative. Thank you.

I would suggest, if any Sea Rovers are so inclined, to participate with knowledge of commonly used passages and the proven profitable routes.

As an example, the stretch East from Little River around Cape Fear and keeping it in sight. Usually Copper/Bermuda Cedar incoming.

Silver is by far the most valuable recourse in this game.  Its not even close compared to copper and Gold. 

Gold is used for high grade notes and furnishings mostly.

Copper has some value for things like copper plating and low grade notes for shallow water ships.

But Silver ahh yes, have a nice exceptional First rate OR shallow water ship you want to deck out in all exceptional mods?  32 mid grade notes down the drain, which is like 2,000 silver.  This is on top of needing silver for furnishings AND mid grade notes to build frigates. 

I have 2 clan members dedicated to mining silver and only silver.  Thats 10 level 3 silver mines cranking out silver while I dedicate my wood farms for generating compass wood.

Crazy when you think about it. 

Edited by Yar Matey

Even though I'm on PvP2 this is very handy has we been looking at ports trying to figure out a better way to help out the smaller nations since we currently have the French Silver port cause US took our Bahama one straight off the bat.  Than I notice.  US has three silver ports right now.  You think they give up one of the them to one of the smaller nations or something, but no they have to own all the GoM.  Would be nice if they gave back French Texas and La and maybe one of those silver regions.

I really haven't had an issue on gold shortage cause of the bottles and all the gold coins it gives you and the random AI ships,. 

Copper recently started to be a problem with speed trim. I had a ton stocked up but now it's getting depleted since patch.   Nice to see where they are at now and where I might have to look at hunting or contracts.

10 hours ago, Yar Matey said:

32 mid grade notes down the drain, which is like 2,000 silver.  This is on top of needing silver for furnishings AND mid grade notes to build frigates. 

I'm waiting to see what the new ship crafting stuff will be like, but to be honest the silver drain hurts folks the most cause it's needed for any mods to make no matter what quality cause of the mid notes.  Mods really should have had something else for them.   I would think the levels would of been better being copper, silver and gold depending the quallity with no notes for the common ones (no reason to build any basic mods).

On 1/14/2017 at 0:17 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm waiting to see what the new ship crafting stuff will be like, but to be honest the silver drain hurts folks the most cause it's needed for any mods to make no matter what quality cause of the mid notes.  Mods really should have had something else for them.   I would think the levels would of been better being copper, silver and gold depending the quallity with no notes for the common ones (no reason to build any basic mods).

I like that silver is in such huge demand, during the time period that this game is set in, Silver was in huge demand and had a massive impact on the world economy. 

9 minutes ago, Yar Matey said:

I like that silver is in such huge demand, during the time period that this game is set in, Silver was in huge demand and had a massive impact on the world economy. 

Yes. Maybe we need shortages and surplus "seasons" instead of infinite linear resource availability ?