Game-Labs Forum

Crowdsourcing for endgame-content

Dear devs,

the next thing what should be touched (assuming that the patch will be a hit) regarding motivating new/old players in late/endgame content imho.

Have you ever considered making content through your trusted community? Mission varieties for example are time-consuming to make up (i imagine) but relatively easy to establish if you have a creative mind:

• mission text - persons, backgroundstory maybe even storylines (exclusive to nations or not)
  • mission design - linked with the possible storylines variying between kill/fetch/search or combinations

Tutorials should be a easy thing to text as well as translations for ingame stuff.

If you provide us with a form and rules how content should look like, i guess many of the experienced and future captains will be happy to help. (maybe for a credit or another goodie - but still). But at this point i doubt there will be ppl proactive making complex suggestions if they arent sure what is happening with them.

Also on a sidenote, maybe keep us posted which of the recent suggestions you are actually considering - I am feeling like there is seriously feedback missing. Maybe have a Mod gathering them in the "Developer news and announcements" section like the "The Road Map" for the most recent and urgent matters. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Amonacc said:

"We don't want keep players for long in game" they said. That's the plan. I think endgame content is aside from it

That's a ridiculous statement when making a persistent open world...

Should just have made world of wooden warships...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amonacc said:

"We don't want keep players for long in game" they said. That's the plan. I think endgame content is aside from it

oke, so that means : you buy the game ......

you play for 5 months ...get bored .......(because there is no endgame)

and you decide to quit (as it seems developers ....intended ....action of the player )

all and all., very very strange ..

that means you bought a...... throw away ...game. (Trade mark )

live span of the game is about @5 months ??? expiration game:  rated 5 months *****

greetings

57 minutes ago, Thonys said:

and you decide to quit (as it seems developers ....intended ....action of the player )

live span of the game is about @5 months ??? expiration game:  rated 5 months *****

greetings

I actually think I managed 6 months of playing this game, before I got so bored by no real end-game mechanics, no clear direction, so I had to ditch the game.

Maybe the lifespan of Naval Action should be extended to between 5-6 months (Hint, then the devs can charge even more)....but anyway I would say 6 months is the max this game can keep most people occupied before looking for something else, maybe not as good looking as Naval Action, but way more exiting.

7 hours ago, Amonacc said:

i could be mistaken, but that sounds completely out of context. They have said in past cases that players who played over 500 hours or so tend to move on at some point. Off course they want to provide content to keep them interesting, but after 500 hours it is not surprising someone can be spend on a game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Amonacc said:

Thats worth nothing without a link - never heard that before. I guess SteelSandwich is on hte right track here:

2 hours ago, SteelSandwich said:

i could be mistaken, but that sounds completely out of context. They have said in past cases that players who played over 500 hours or so tend to move on at some point. Off course they want to provide content to keep them interesting, but after 500 hours it is not surprising someone can be spend on a game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Wind said:

I could write a book about this game and not going to touch missions and quests.  :)

And thats exactly what i am trying to say.

We have so many ideas which would help fixing the game and improving it afterwards.

And so many suggestions and ideas in various threads. But in hardly any of them is found any feedback whether it is suitable and is worth elaborating.

Each and every thread blows up in notime to a point where, by all means i wouldnt read it as well if i have a deadline incoming and i the plain same topic as some other threads.

I dont know if it's just me but i would prefer to have separate selections for those things - describing the suggestion in a nutshell - and giving users a poll depending on the suggestion. Maybe even IN-game to reach all players.

would make it easier for us and save the devs a lot of time which they can make better use of. Just take this topic as an example 7/10 posts are already offtopic...<_<

Edited by Black Spawn
  • Like 2

On 11/29/2016 at 1:50 PM, Thonys said:

greetings

I think you look at it in the wrong way.

This is a one time buy game (meaning it's not a free MMO and it's not based on monthly subscriptions).

Every game has a certain number of playhours where it is profitable to buy it. I believe that if I buy a game and I get 200 quality playhours from it, then I got my money's worth from the game.

I have placed an arbitrary ROI on games where I think that I should get some 100 hours of good playtime for every 20 Euros spent.

If I get less, it's a waste of my money.

If I get more it's a bonus and a great game.

Now, in this game you only have to distinguish how many hours of QUALITY playtime you had and if it was worth it, due to the fact you spend most of your time just sailing around.

Hi there

well it s  a way to look at it

but this was more about the End game for this game, for not being there after a couple of hundred played hours 

and because it is not there,(yet )(the endgame) you get bored,

and throw the game away in the dustbin for forgotten games on your hard drive...

(and those people need an  email to activate again which the community can not send them)

---------------------------------------------------------

It is also more about balance to  

if a nation does not have the woods ,you don't make a ship (what's the point) and then you are finished very fast to

so the balance to keep it all going needs to be there , if it doesn't ....you quit

Edited by Thonys