Game-Labs Forum

System that will Fix Long Travel Time

I would like to share my idea on how we could improve and cut travel time for RvR and PvP for all Nations and players.

Red Flag must be enabled! Enabling Red Flag can't be done on trader ships, only warships. Red Flag allows you to jump from spawn point to spawn point.

You still will need to travel, but time spent to jump from region to region is drastically reduced now. Add 5 spawn locations with teleport allowance circle. TA Circle - once you enter the circle you are allowed to teleport to the next selected spawn location. Spawn will cost Gold to jump. Gold covers sped up travel expenses and ship maintenance. 1-2 hour timer is set before next jump is possible. You can't jump back right away.

Players will spawn in the middle of the new region , but still need to sail if they want to reach land and free ports. Spawns will be random inside Teleport Allowance Circle to prevent camping. Once you spawn you will need to sail for some time before reaching hot hostility zones or you can station in nearly Free Ports for pvp operations.

Travel invulnerability might be wise if player remains inside the circle after jump. Once player leaves the circle he can be attacked. Pay attention and re route to avoid risk.

Benefits:

Jump any region solo or with a group once per hour.

Join Allies in their Defense or Offence missions.

Go pvp anywhere in the world with less than 1 hour of sailing.

Guaranteed non stop pvp.

Please Discuss.

qTOxFmM.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry but no....

If people cant be bothered to take the time to establish a port in a region or break up the world into areas of operations for different clans then they don't need to be catered to. 

I remember in WWII Online back when the game was popular and we had thousand or more players an average night.  We had different units divided up into AO regions along the front.   We established a high command for each side, this was initially voted on by the squad(clan) leadership from each unit.  And they were responsible with coming up with objectives and goals for our area. 

I remember my squad 1st FJ was assigned to the southern sector.  We would often have some hard fights, but came to respect our advisories as we would see the same units time and time again.   I don't see why something like this would not work here.   Where the PLAYERS take charge. 

Don't you think that locking people in one area is the end of this game? They simply will never sail that far for a stupid outpost. So, basically if their area is Dead/No Action they will never experience pvp/conquest because they don't have 4 hours to cross the world. 

• Like 2

the cirkel will see allot jumping for sure

Timer will control how often people can jump. Everyone will spawn randomly inside circles. This will require regroup time if jumping with friends. This is done , so you can not spawn as one unit. You will spawn on your own away from others.
  • Like 1

Just another thing for Lowlife Gankers to exploit !

If we could add invulnerability after jump while inside sircle this will prevent attacks on people who travel. Once they leave the circle they can be atracked or they can re route and find safe exit. There is always risk. Risk is good for this game. There are many ways how to make fast travel safe.
  • Like 1

If you really like this game like I do then you will MAKE TIME to play . I play 4-6 hour marathons on the weekends and get stuff done .

Yes, but that is not how it works in game industry . Your single payment won't cover bills for the whole project. Devs need to think outside the box. For you it could be ok, but at the same time 10 others won't buy the game or quit because they have only limited time.

We think alike. I really hopeDevs look into both of these ideas and improve life for everyone. This is very important.

So after reading your idea and comparing to mine, the shortcuts I still think are a good idea, but in my own suggestion I wanted it random and continuously moving, so that clans can't exploit and shortcut planning for attacks.

So after reading your idea and comparing to mine, the shortcuts I still think are a good idea, but in my own suggestion I wanted it random and continuously moving, so that clans can't exploit and shortcut planning for attacks.

I like it, but how and where would you move them? Will I be able to see new spawn location and other won't?

Large zone and random spawns + 1-2 hour jump timer. All this will make ganking and finding victims for gankers hell. It's a lottery really. You have to be lucky to end up in an exact spot where player will randomly appear. He will also have invulnerability and ask in zone for help moving out or just atrack the enemy.

Or devs could add invisible effect until he leaves the circle. Outside the circle player is on his own.

I like it, but how and where would you move them? Will I be able to see new spawn location and other won't?

Yes, my suggestion is for random generation by the game/server, size approx current large in-game region.  Circular, like you have above.  I wrote the details of it in the suggestion, and the interval of spawning would be fixed.  I suggested 3 hours but could be different.

Yes, my suggestion is for random generation by the game/server, size approx current large in-game region.  Circular, like you have above.  I wrote the details of it in the suggestion, and the interval of spawning would be fixed.  I suggested 3 hours but could be different.

You can use my picture if you want. All this can really work and we do know people lliked old teleport system that got removed. This is similar, but with little more effort.

OW sailing will always be a problem. People will complain with or without the magic of a teleport. I think the idea of a region of teleportation is just bad for several reasons mainly immersion along with the others listed by everyone before me.

This just caters to those who don't have a clue on how to plan anything out. Sailing is boring, but this is a game about sailing... which in turn means parts of it are going to be quite boring. If you know how to do other things like Sir Texas Sir said, it isn't that bad.

69% game rating says it doesn't work. Game needs better mechanics to survive. This is just my personal view, but we will see what happens.

Don't you think that locking people in one area is the end of this game?

I actually think that will help greatly with the success of the game -- or it would, if we weren't at such low pop levels.

Ideally I think what you should want to do in this game is secure an area and then move forward. You don't want warships simply teleporting behind your lines (possible exception: pirates). If you want to attack behind my lines, I want you to have to sail for 5 hours to do it! Attack my front, where sailing is convenient for both of us!

If anything, I might think about ways to make "and then move forward" a little easier.

I wonder if the current outpost system is outdated, for example. Like I should feel constrained by the size of the map rather than by my lack of outpost slots. If I want to sail for 30 minutes and set up a new spot, that should be easy and I shouldn't have to agonize over which old slot I need to free up and all the work it might take to empty it out.

• Like 3

I actually think that will help greatly with the success of the game -- or it would, if we weren't at such low pop levels.

Ideally I think what you should want to do in this game is secure an area and then move forward. You don't want warships simply teleporting behind your lines (possible exception: pirates). If you want to attack behind my lines, I want you to have to sail for 5 hours to do it! Attack my front, where sailing is convenient for both of us!

If anything, I might think about ways to make "and then move forward" a little easier.

I wonder if the current outpost system is outdated, for example. Like I should feel constrained by the size of the map rather than by my lack of outpost slots. If I want to sail for 30 minutes and set up a new spot, that should be easy and I shouldn't have to agonize over which old slot I need to free up and all the work it might take to empty it out.

Why not? Isn't this the Action you are asking for? It should take 2 days to flip the port anyway. Your nation can have some fun fighting the spotted fleet around your ports. Unless you want to keep doing boring sailing.

I would like to share my idea on how we could improve and cut travel time for RvR and PvP for all Nations and players.

Red Flag must be enabled! Enabling Red Flag can't be done on trader ships, only warships. Red Flag allows you to jump from spawn point to spawn point.

You still will need to travel, but time spent to jump from region to region is drastically reduced now. Add 5 spawn locations with teleport allowance circle. TA Circle - once you enter the circle you are allowed to teleport to the next selected spawn location. Spawn will cost Gold to jump. Gold covers sped up travel expenses and ship maintenance. 1-2 hour timer is set before next jump is possible. You can't jump back right away.

Players will spawn in the middle of the new region , but still need to sail if they want to reach land and free ports. Spawns will be random inside Teleport Allowance Circle to prevent camping. Once you spawn you will need to sail for some time before reaching hot hostility zones or you can station in nearly Free Ports for pvp operations.

Travel invulnerability might be wise if player remains inside the circle after jump. Once player leaves the circle he can be attacked. Pay attention and re route to avoid risk.

Benefits:

Jump any region solo or with a group once per hour.

Join Allies in their Defense or Offence missions.

Go pvp anywhere in the world with less than 1 hour of sailing.

Guaranteed non stop pvp.

Please Discuss.

qTOxFmM.jpg

Honestly, for me, anything teleporting is not pvp friendly. I´d rather have faster OW travel speeds.

Why not? Isn't this the Action you are asking for? It should take 2 days to flip the port anyway. Your nation can have some fun fighting the spotted fleet around your ports. Unless you want to keep doing boring sailing.

My experience in other games is "never underestimate the population's ability to pursue game goals at the expense of fun, even to the point they all decide they hate the game and quit".

In original Planetside, armies would avoid each other and capture empty bases for XP and then complain that the game was boring. All they had to do was stop avoiding each other but since the game effectively rewarded them for avoiding each other they kept doing it. World War 2 Online had the exact same problem. In both cases the solution was to change the mechanics of the game so that players were forced into fighting each other in order to progress.

So that's what worries me with this idea.

What you imagine:

People will teleport into PvP hotspots to fight each other.

What I'm afraid will happen because this is what players always do:

People will teleport away from PvP and sack NPCs to flip ports and if anyone shows up to fight them they will teleport somewhere else and do the same thing. In their mind, flipping ports has become more important than PvP. Further evidence: part of why port battle mechanics had to get changed already is because people kept sneak-attacking them and launching distractions and literally doing everything they could to flip the port while avoiding PvP.

And then they complain that the game sucks and there's not enough PvP. Right after their 2 hour Teamspeak meeting where they plotted how to win without giving the enemy a chance to fight them.

Really they are just idiots digging their own graves and complaining that the hole is too deep but this is the mentality we have to deal with.

We DO want action, but I think we have to devise systems that bring players together along predictable (and unavoidable) frontline clashes. Teleportation seems like it should work, but my money says that the players will not use it in the way you intend.

• Like 2

I don't know what the answer is, but the time sink issue will probably end up being a detriment to attracting and keeping a significant number of new players.

The Swedes and Danes have ships in outposts along the North American eastern seaboard. I would bet that they saw hardly anything along the way until they were barely within eyesight of the North Amereican coast. I'm basing this on my own experience's in sailing from Charlestown to La Tortue, and from the Bahamas to Vieques or for that matter almost anywhere on the map. You rarely see another player on these long voyages. So what is so bad about dumping the player into the middle of the ocean where he would still have a 1/2 hour to 3/4 hour sail before he see's land? 

If it would help in keeping players from leaving the game, then I'm all for it. After all, once a player sails and then sets up an outpost, he is not going to do that again anyway. He will teleport. So why not make the initial journey a little less time consuming?

I don't mind the long sails, but more than enough players have complained about all manner of time sink issues within the game. I believe a compromise solution (similar to the original post above) regarding extremely long sailing distances could help in alleviating at least one of these time sink issues.  

Edited by Captiva