Game-Labs Forum

War Supplied from 0 to 100

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Damn the lookouts were all asleep :o

They were not asleep, several Danish Indiamen were noted through the day around Bermuda I capped one and was in a battle where the fort at Somerset sank one that I had tagged. So if they all arrived in one fleet, why were the others around? It smells fishy to me. There was no increase in hostility as we were prepared to counter that, so they must have been storing them somehow.

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

They were not asleep, several Danish Indiamen were noted through the day around Bermuda I capped one and was in a battle where the fort at Somerset sank one that I had tagged. So if they all arrived in one fleet, why were the others around? It smells fishy to me. There was no increase in hostility as we were prepared to counter that, so they must have been storing them somehow.

Those were not "ours". Randomn guy smuggling bermuda cedar probably.

u have screen of that cap u did?? we didn't lose any, so might be one that was buying or trading something there...

storing items in a enemy port is not illegal as long as the smuggler stays there as you can't make outposts..

1 minute ago, North said:

u have screen of that cap u did?? we didn't lose any, so might be one that was buying or trading something there...

storing items in a enemy port is not illegal as long as the smuggler stays there as you can't make outposts..

Usually people only take screenshots to prove something, I dont bother taking screenshots to gloat over capping someone. But I am sure Lenin God of PvP can confirm that I capped his Indiaman.

This is a broken mechanic and should be removed from the game.

4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Usually people only take screenshots to prove something, I dont bother taking screenshots to gloat over capping someone. But I am sure Lenin God of PvP can confirm that I capped his Indiaman.

This is a broken mechanic and should be removed from the game.

So much salt:D:D:D:D

Yes, he was with us so you proberly took him on his return back or something...

Nothing wrong with this mechanic..

What a lame ass PVE move you guys - hope you are proud of yourselves for killing this game.

This game is dead before it's finished as far as I'm concerned - this stoopid stoopid war bomb mechanic is just one of the reasons. The war bomb mechanic will be removed or totally nerfed RIGHT AFTER the exploiters take over the ports (amiright?)

• Like 2

Just now, North said:

This is a PVP game and you raise hostility to 100% without a single bit of PVP. Even if someone had spotted your fleet their BR would not have been sufficient to draw them into battle. Do you expect people to have a fleet of 10 ships constantly sailing round a region 24/7 just on the off chance you turn up with a hostility bomb?

The mechanic is broken and needs to be fixed.

• Like 2

I d

2 minutes ago, North said:

I disagree.. I sail for Denmark-Norway and I believe there should be a cap (75% for example) to warsupplies - otherwise it's just a new "flag-system".. But I also believe there should be a freetown at Bermuda just as there is on every other region.. Why Bermuda was omitted a free town I won't be able to understand.. That the brits cries about the warsupplies is a bit ironic.. they could just do the same themselves.. And I think we can all agree that brittish refit is perhaps one of the best regional bonuses available.. but u don't hear any1 else crying about it.. Even if it is a pain to see the french fail in building aggro at Windward Islands...

Just now, Magnum said:

What a lame ass PVE move you guys - hope you are proud of yourselves for killing this game.

This game is dead before it's finished as far as I'm concerned - this stoopid stoopid war bomb mechanic is just one of the reasons. The war bomb mechanic will be removed or totally nerfed RIGHT AFTER the exploiters take over the ports (amiright?)

1. PVE is OW is already needed for hostility. So PVE exchanged for different PVE, right?

2. It already was nerfed.

6 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I d

I disagree.. I sail for Denmark-Norway and I believe there should be a cap (75% for example) to warsupplies - otherwise it's just a new "flag-system".. But I also believe there should be a freetown at Bermuda just as there is on every other region.. Why Bermuda was omitted a free town I won't be able to understand.. That the brits cries about the warsupplies is a bit ironic.. they could just do the same themselves.. And I think we can all agree that brittish refit is perhaps one of the best regional bonuses available.. but u don't hear any1 else crying about it.. Even if it is a pain to see the french fail in building aggro at Windward Islands...

Very myopic of you - your Pirate alt has a very nice island that not only has ZERO free ports on it - it is just about as far out as Bermuda - AND IT IS FREAKING INVISIBLE ON THE MAP.

The sandbox has too too many cats taking craps in it to be fun for all.

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

This is a PVP game and you raise hostility to 100% without a single bit of PVP. Even if someone had spotted your fleet their BR would not have been sufficient to draw them into battle. Do you expect people to have a fleet of 10 ships constantly sailing round a region 24/7 just on the off chance you turn up with a hostility bomb?

The mechanic is broken and needs to be fixed.

All hostility that has been raised to 100% has been by mostly pve(mission).. so give it a rest...

6 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Ohhhhh, so you have raised hostility to 100% with pvp???? sorry to say but that's impossible the way the hostility works now...

do the same to us when we own the port on friday, only bad thing is you won't be able to win the port battle if u raise hostility to 100%

4 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I d

So you are advocating that because someone else uses a questionable tactic that others should too? I am afraid that type of attitude will lead to a quick death of the game as everyone will start using every dirty tactic possible.

The French may be struggling to raise hostility in the Windward islands but at least they are trying to do it by PVP, and I can tell you that there are shouts going out nightly asking for British players to come help defend and reduce hostility in that area. That is I guess more what the Devs had in mind with the current hostility mechanic rather than the hostility bomb tactic.

This system is worse than the flag system as there is no warning. Could you imagine the flag system without any warning?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, North said:

All hostility that has been raised to 100% has been by mostly pve(mission).. so give it a rest...

Ohhhhh, so you have raised hostility to 100% with pvp???? sorry to say but that's impossible the way the hostility works now...

do the same to us when we own the port on friday, only bad thing is you won't be able to win the port battle if u raise hostility to 100%

it you succeed in making the game unfun for all other players with your honorableless exploits - who will you have left to play with?

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed insult - if you're going to report people for insults, it's best not to throw the first stone sir.

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

it you succeed in making the game unfun for all other players with your honorableless exploits - who will you have left to play with?

It's a mechanic.

~ removed derogatory comment. Keep it civil. ~ The Moderation Team

3 minutes ago, North said:

So what you are saying is that the games hostility mechanics do not work. Then post about why it does not work and suggest other options to generate PVP, don't break the game further by using these tactics.

The way I see this, it's working perfectly. We use a lot of time to sail around and buy, trade, craft and then deliver war supplies. All nations can do the same, but not all nations need to do this. Some nations have a player base that can flipp a region just by doing PvE grinding. Danmark-Norge can't do that after the hostility gain was nurfed. We just can't beat the PvE grind off the bigger player nations.

So right now this mechanic is our only option to get port battles. The port battles and duels are the fights in this game that are closest to even matches. That kind of even fights is good quality PvP I play this game for. So why you guys are accusing us of killing PvP I don't understand, we just scheduled it for Friday night. That's 48 hour notice!

• Like 2

So if you talk about using game mechanics, how would you feel if 25 Brits changed sides to Danish (which is within the allowed game rules) and entered the port battle in cutters and did their best to fight the British 1st rate fleet?

No exploit there is there?

On 10-11-2016 at 0:49 AM, Tiedemann said:

So right now this mechanic is our only option to get port battles. The port battles and duels are the fights in this game that are closest to even matches. That kind of even fights is good quality PvP I play this game for. So why you guys are accusing us of killing PvP I don't understand, we just scheduled it for Friday night. That's 48 hour notice!

This sums up my feeling in the situation.

Edited by Kloothommel

7 minutes ago, Archaos said:

So if you talk about using game mechanics, how would you feel if 25 Brits changed sides to Danish (which is within the allowed game rules) and entered the port battle in cutters and did their best to fight the British 1st rate fleet?

No exploit there is there?

That is griefing. And bannable.

2 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Then you are sabotaging PvP. That would kill the game for most.. 

Exactly and that is what is happening with the War Supplies. It may be within the rules but it is broken and needs to be changed. There is no way hostility should be able to be instantly raised to 100% without chance for people to respond.

And please do not say that we could have intercepted the fleet as the amount of time between the fleet appearing and them getting into port is to short to gather a fleet together and a single ship, even a 1st rate would struggle with BR to get that fleet into battle.

6 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

That is griefing. And bannable.

How is it griefing if I want to join another nation? and if I join the port battle and do my best against impossible odds well at least I tried. It would be griefing if I joined and surrendered or left immediately.

Would it be acceptable if I joined in a first rate?

edit: Please note I am not planning on doing this or suggesting others do this, but just pointing out how something can be done within game mechanics and not be right.

Edited by Archaos