Game-Labs Forum

Permanent war..and no ending

In my humble opinion, permanent hostilities between nations are not historically correct. Therefor in CONQUEST, i suggest a "PEACE" or "NEUTRAL" option for vote.

If this is already to be implemented in the game,on later updates, i apologise for inconvenience.

I would like to read other opinions on this matter,if another topic doesnt already exist.

Thank you.

You vote green while being at war, the War status will not renew itself if the score is less that the other War votes.

What happens is population keeps voting war, so everything goes as normal. Everyone votes. Majority wins.

True, but in order to vote for an alliance partner you must first vote for war against someone.

In order to vote you must vote for war against someone.

(Not that I am against war..war promotes PVP).

• Like 1

you cant vote for PEACE,lol,thats what this topic is about.

Fenris, I agree with you, to a degree.  I think the popular vote right now is as best as we can arrange it at the moment under today's limits of coded politics.  However we should be able to somehow arrange a neutrality or peace with a nation.  My suggestion for how that might work is to have a preset list of conditions under which the nation would automatically go back to peace.  Such conditions might perhaps be the number of enemy ports has been reduced to 5 or 6, or perhaps a time limit of say 6 weeks, or perhaps every time war is renewed against the same nation it takes a higher percentage of the popular vote to maintain war, or even perhaps every time war is renewed it costs every player a certain amount of money which increases every time and once it reaches a certain cost it is deemed non-sustainable and goes to peace.  There are a number of ways to code it.  Perhaps we should try a couple, devs?

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

In my humble opinion, permanent hostilities between nations are not historically correct. Therefor in CONQUEST, i suggest a "PEACE" or "NEUTRAL" option for vote.

If this is already to be implemented in the game,on later updates, i apologise for inconvenience.

I would like to read other opinions on this matter,if another topic doesnt already exist.

Thank you.

With the amount of scared to pvp carebear players out there if they had the options of neutral or peace they will all just go to peace with each other exept the smallest factions and they will fight them.

Proof of it is now on pvp2 the big factions all picked allies with each other.

If people were not terrified to lose a fake ship in a fake world the your idea would be cool but with the players we seem to have it wont work.

If you look at USA which are playing on EU server, i see one in 2 weeks,unless you have an outpost at Florida,or if they have an outpost in some waters which are considered "enemy" to them. So , fighting against pirates may be a nice solution to do some PvP, but US as a nation arent involved in this "great war" south of Cuba.

So , for example,if they dont participate in that war,they could just vote"NEUTRAL" for some period.

With the amount of scared to pvp carebear players out there if they had the options of neutral or peace they will all just go to peace with each other exept the smallest factions and they will fight them.

Proof of it is now on pvp2 the big factions all picked allies with each other.

If people were not terrified to lose a fake ship in a fake world the your idea would be cool but with the players we seem to have it wont work.

Well you couldnt vote on all nations"NEUTRAL" or "PEACE".Even now i cant drop all my votes everywhere as i would like to.

Edited by Fenris

If you look at USA which are playing on EU server, i see one in 2 weeks,unless you have an outpost at Florida,or if they have an outpost in some waters which are considered "enemy" to them. So , fighting against pirates may be a nice solution to do some PvP, but US as a nation arent involved in this "great war" south of Cuba.

So , for example,if they dont participate in that war,they could just vote"NEUTRAL" for some period.

Not true at all. Many of us are Coquibacoa and Orchila aiding our allies. Come on down. PvP for days!!!!

Not true at all. Many of us are Coquibacoa and Orchila aiding our allies. Come on down. PvP for days!!!!

US was just an example,could take any other nation. No offence.

It is about possibility to VOTE for "PEACE" or "NEUTRAL". Why are all nations enemies at the beginning anyway?It would be more logical to set all nations on NEUTRAL or PEACE,and then you can pick up 1 or 2 which can be hostile.

Edited by Fenris

Fenris, I agree with you, to a degree.  I think the popular vote right now is as best as we can arrange it at the moment under today's limits of coded politics.  However we should be able to somehow arrange a neutrality or peace with a nation.  My suggestion for how that might work is to have a preset list of conditions under which the nation would automatically go back to peace.  Such conditions might perhaps be the number of enemy ports has been reduced to 5 or 6, or perhaps a time limit of say 6 weeks, or perhaps every time war is renewed against the same nation it takes a higher percentage of the popular vote to maintain war, or even perhaps every time war is renewed it costs every player a certain amount of money which increases every time and once it reaches a certain cost it is deemed non-sustainable and goes to peace.  There are a number of ways to code it.  Perhaps we should try a couple, devs?

That's actually an interesting consideration.  Constant war is a drain on a nation's economy, especially at the rate that this game tends to maintain war.  I think a "tax" imposition would be a good idea if your nation is at war with..I dunno, 3 or more other nations.  Maybe 4?  Bear in mind I'm on PVE only at the moment, so my opinion is absolutely uninformed and much more along the lines of historical or realistic reference.