Game-Labs Forum

Consoles - There are plans for this according to facebook?

Forgive me but I become paranoid every time a developer says that they may move the game to consoles.

To me this means that the game will be kept simple so not to make it hard to sell to the console crowd.

It also means the control schema will have to be kept very basic ruling out many fun things that require more interaction with mouse and keyboard.

My suggestion to the devs is do not build the game with consoles in mind.

• Like 2

We promised to be honest

if Microsoft or Sony pays us 10 mln dollars, why not? It will speed up PC development tenfold as we want to publish PC ourselves. Content is the same + Next gen consoles don't have significant porting requirements as old ones. 

I am glad you are honest.... I am assuming Sony are considering this?

"content is the same" :(  C'mon admin. You know that a PC game cannot have the same content as a console one and be interesting or cutting edge.

You want to break some new ground you need a PC.

Well this tells me that you are probably keeping the game simple in case it goes to console. I will adjust my expectations accordingly.

Although that game is already amazing! :)

• Like 1

If someone offered me and my development team 10 million for a console port you are damn sure i'd take it. I couldn't hold that against anyone. Ultimately, I want to see this game release but continue to grow with new content that has been discussed around the forums. The sailing model, combat, and graphics are great now. I simply want the game to expand and live up to it's ultimate potential on the pc. I play console as well, but for me I want the ultimate online sandbox in which I can battle others and sail the seas.

"content is the same" :(  C'mon admin. You know that a PC game cannot have the same content as a console one and be interesting or cutting edge.

I disagree. Dark Soul 1 and 2, the Batman Arkham Series, just about any Ubisoft title, Outlast, most RPGs, and countless Indie titles; All on PC and consoles, same content, all interesting and entertaining.

You want to break some new ground you need a PC.

Graphically, and performance wise, yes. But in terms of content and entertainment value, no. There's no doubt in my mind that If NA were to be ported to any next gen console, that It would run great, and look great, and really just be fun. Like Coen suggested, the gameplay of NA is far more accurate than most other sailing games, which means a relatively slow place, and plenty of opportunity for console players to navigate an additional menu or two.

Well this tells me that you are probably keeping the game simple in case it goes to console.

I play both PC and console regularly, and based on my experiences, I see no reason to downgrade, or even remotely simplify NA to be suitable for a console.