Game-Labs Forum

Port information and playing on different computers

Todbringer

Hello all.

I've installed Naval Action on two computers so i can play it in my summer house. The problem is that all the port information is not visible, ie all the ports I visited are listed as not visited.

From forum I found out that port information is not server side but on local computer and that i can transfer local files with port information  to my first computer later on.

Now, what I need to know is whether the files from my second computer will overwrite my original files or is it possible to merge them? I wouldn't want to lose all the port information I had and I don't want to spend hours sailing around ports on my second computer for nothing if I can't merge data after returning home to my main computer.

Merging is not possible unless you are willing to do this manually with a bit of SQL (the file that stores visited ports is a sqlite db file).

But if you copy the files from your first PC to the second, play on the second and don't touch the first, and then copy them back you wouldn't lose any new ports.

unfortunately its not possible to sync it using the steam cloud. Some day in the future (if steam achievements are added) it could be done. but we don't guarantee it. 

Something of note that I found in my playing time: I currently play for France on PvP1 after leaving Spain on PvP1. Before this I played as a Pirate and French on PvP2. When I transferred to France on PvP1 the ports that I visited as a Spaniard became unvisited, however, the ports that I visited on PvP2 both as a pirate and later as a Frenchman became visited. 

I go play between four computers depending on which one is convenient to me at the time.  My port information very frequently resets itself back to not visited.  Very annoying.  This thread implies the reason is because the files can't sync between those four computers - but it doesn't always happen, so maybe if my nation's port numbers change it gets confused and resets the port status from a different file?  Not sure, but does that sound about right?  This seems to happen a lot with NA; it'd be really nice if ports didn't keep going back to not visited for no real reason other than playing on a different machine.

huh, a bit late to get the file from the first computer.

Well, had only northern Cuba and some ports west of Cuba visited on the first computer since i started two days ago, so it will be easier to copy the file from second computer and then teleport to Spanish capitol and dodge the gankers once more. :D

Thanx for the replies y'all.

Hello all.

I've installed Naval Action on two computers so i can play it in my summer house. The problem is that all the port information is not visible, ie all the ports I visited are listed as not visited.

Check this post for a workaround