Game-Labs Forum

Color coded guns...

Main problem can be found in this topic:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15750-help-please/

If not fixed new players will be effected greatly and might even quit trying to figure it out. 

So, here is my suggestion. 

---------------------------

Please color code - Store section/icons for Long/Medium (GREEN) guns and their ship slot numbers. [6-8]

Color code -  Store section/icons for caros (RED) and their ship slot numbers [8-9]

Adding Letters on the top can also be handy. 

It should look like this:

L/M      C

[6-8]/[8-9]

Buy Guns / Buy Guns    <--- Purchase buttons

Under gun slots add 'Buy Guns' Button that will take players directly to green[6-8] or red [8-9] sections of the store and appropriate guns.

Store colors

When player click on 'Buy guns' under carronades he is automaticaly moved to the store. 

Your ship is - XXXXX. You can mount - XXXXpd Carronades

C - Carronade 

12pd

18pd
[24pd] <-- Auto selected based on the ship you are in. Purchasing another guns should display a warning (XXXXlb guns can't be fitted on your ship. Proceed anyway? Yes/No).
32pd
42pd
68pd

Convenience and simplicity. Same can be applied for Mod slots. 'Shop for mods' button.

Thanks. 

• Like 7

Red usually implies don't do this. Maybe use blue? (Note that the contrast is equal, so colors won't help color blinded here. (And you need high contrast because it is text.) If that needs to be covered, then maybe [6LM-8LM]/[8C-9C]?)

I like the contextual purchase buttons.

• Like 2

Red usually implies don't do this. Maybe use blue? (Note that the contrast is equal, so colors won't help color blinded here. (And you need high contrast because it is text.) If that needs to be covered, then maybe [6LM-8LM]/[8C-9C]?)

I like the contextual purchase buttons.

Whatever they can pick .

• Like 1

Thanx , but no , I run this game on a high end 17" asus ROG laptop , had a shaky but good steam install and a trouble free NA install . I live on the west coast 

and up until the most recent (2 days ago) name change of PvE USA to PvE I have had zero problems , ping went from under 100 to about 160 ish now . Not 

really a problem ,I am babbling but with over 800 hours into this game I could not be happier , I play every day , this is truly a majestic game and needs to be 

promoted more  :rolleyes:

What if I show you how to do it?  I've changed them to red in the past on my own personal client.

• Like 1