Game-Labs Forum

Log off at after battle screen - lose your battle rewards and ship dura restored to those that did not log off and those waiting outside.

I'm not bothered by either of your play style. What bothers me is the shortsightedness of your suggestion to re-introduce the teleport cooldown.

You present yourself as lambs to the slaughter of powergames with alts in the hope teleport cooldown will safe you.

While in fact, they will simply use alts or other players to hunt you down, if their own character can't do it because of that cooldown.

Now you can actually turn the table and ask your friends to step in and balance the odds, without having to worry whether they are on a cooldown.

Or maybe you should really take it to the next level and simply log-off in battle screen and boot up an alt yourself to play on.

So in reality teleport is not your problem.

Now I can tell the truth in ways people can not cope with it, hence I have a warning point. So I'll just leave it at this.

Not shortsightedness, experience m8. I'm not concerned about the 10 people in game that paid 1000 US dollars for a whole bunch of alts. I think people are just scared of something that isn't even a problem. Anyways, that's off topic, and I'm done yelling at a brick wall. Maybe you can start another thread about the destructive powers of alts, if there isn't one already!

• Like 1

Well peeps, after reading every single post on the entire thread, as well as seeing many of the same points being made across the forums, I have a few ideas I'd like to throw out there.

1. Elimate teleporting to free towns.

I think we need to eliminate the ability to teleport to free towns. It kills the idea of "friendly" and "enemy" territory, and spreads the population of all the nations out considerably. Wouldn't it be more fun if there were some kind of "front line" where you knew there would be a lot of pvp? That front line would exist in areas where friendly ports are adjacent or near to enemy ports. Especially with the new port battle mechanics coming.

2. Re-Implement teleport cooldowns

The whole no cool down teleport thing is bogus as it is. The fact that a giant fleet can port in from halfway across the map, wreak havoc on a bunch players, then leave, is beyond silly. It kills so much immersion :(. Adding a teleport cool down will also make pvp more predictable, and, if implemented with my other ideas, easier to find.

Also, I think a HUGE part of this issue of SOME players hiding the the post battle screen stems from the fact that players can teleport without cool down. It's a main reason such large "revenge fleets" can even assemble so quickly in the first place! If we had the good old fashioned 4 hour or 8 hour cool down on the teleport, what are the chances that so many players would be able to assemble so quickly and wait outside a battle? I'd venture to say those numbers would be cut by massive amounts. Now, if a player was confident that there was little or no danger outside a battle, chances are they'd exit normally, and make all sail to get away from their attacker.

3. Make battle spawns closer

Why in the world is defensive tagging a legit strategy in a game that strives to be somewhat realistic?? I'm sorry but if you have been caught by a superior enemy, you've been caught. You made a tactical mistake that got you in a situation in which you are in real danger!

How to rid the game of defensive tagging? Make the battle spawns much, much closer. Spawns need to be within firing range of long chase guns, as the maximum. Why the heck are we starting a battle 3 KM away from the enemies?? It's so terrible when you KNOW you have the speed advanatage, only to watch the slow, lumbering ship disappear into thin air because of some magic, defensive tag. If the game is going to have OW compression, but have realistic speed in battles, the starting spawns need to be much closer to account for such.

P.S. This whole idea of the "revenge fleet" is ridiculous. I play as a US national in the game. If a few Spaniards decide they want to go look for something to sink deep in my home waters, they better be ready for retaliation. Any sane friendlies would respond to the report of enemies! How can I be one of only a select few people that understand this??? If you are in any sort of danger from this so called "revenge fleet" you are patrolling the wrong area, it's called local superiority. Let's stop demonising players that want to protect their territory please.

Please understand that for any one of these ideas to be effective, the other two should be considered! I'd love any feedback, so if you guys have ideas, feel free to type away.

The idea of a "revenge fleet" being ridiculous as you put it is off. Those Spaniards in real life would have the freedom to sail in your waters relatively unannounced and unreported. At least compared to what we have in game where their presence can be instantly reported throughout the entire gaming world instantly to include actual coordinates. It has ZERO to do with local superiority. It has everything to do with the ability to inform an entire faction of relative precise grid coordinates of an enemy and prepare an overwhelming force to meet them. In the real world it is why navies would run patrols to help protect important shipping areas for example....they did not have instant communications and GPS to vector in a defense force from hundreds or thousands of miles away virtually instantly. There is so much more out of historical pretense and reality with what some people want then what we have in game now. Is it perfect? No it certainly is not but if I had to choose between which one is more "fantasy" the magical communications, teleportation, time warp, and GPS is much more than waiting in a BR screen to get a cup of coffee and take a bio break.

• Like 3

The idea of a "revenge fleet" being ridiculous as you put it is off. Those Spaniards in real life would have the freedom to sail in your waters relatively unannounced and unreported. At least compared to what we have in game where their presence can be instantly reported throughout the entire gaming world instantly to include actual coordinates. It has ZERO to do with local superiority. It has everything to do with the ability to inform an entire faction of relative precise grid coordinates of an enemy and prepare an overwhelming force to meet them. In the real world it is why navies would run patrols to help protect important shipping areas for example....they did not have instant communications and GPS to vector in a defense force from hundreds or thousands of miles away virtually instantly. There is so much more out of historical pretense and reality with what some people want then what we have in game now. Is it perfect? No it certainly is not but if I had to choose between which one is more "fantasy" the magical communications, teleportation, time warp, and GPS is much more than waiting in a BR screen to get a cup of coffee and take a bio break.

Yup, i call em the candy crush captains. Sit in port playing candy crush till the APB comes in on thier radio.

Chilling in the end battle screen or logging while in the end battle screen is not an exploit. As long as players can teleport from outpost to outpost and fast travel in the OW, nothing should be done about the end battle screen. If you were in the battle, you had your chance to take down or escape your opponent. Having your buddies teleport or fast travel to the battle location in order to gank your opponents after a battle, would be unfair to enemy players if they had to leave the battle end screen.

• Like 2

Ha, give me a break. People are exiting the game and not coming back, not getting a cup of coffee. If people were taking quick breaks, people wouldn't be complaining about it. And yeah, I specifically stated in my post that I want teleportations to be cut down. Maybe before raving and ranting about two sentences, you actually read and process the post.

After having another player use the end of combat screen to avoid fighting me, I came to the forum to complain and suggest that there only be allowed a limited time in the exit combat screen. But having read a lot of the posts in this thread I can see that there may be a good reason for allowing this mechanic to exist. But when this is combined with defensive tagging in order to avoid a fight I think something needs to be done to alter this mechanic.

I can agree that if a player outruns another in battle and thus escape then fair enough they should get away and not have to worry about gank squads that have assembled while they were in battle.

But if a player uses defensive tagging as a tactic so they gain more distance at the start of a fight which allows then get away, then something needs to be changed. Maybe the person who initiates the battle cannot leave the battle for x amount of time or something like that to stop then using the defensive tagging tactic.

In my encounter last night I had a slight speed advantage in OW and if it had not been for his defensive tag I would have had enough time to position myself correctly so he could not escape in battle. But with the defensive tag he was always going to be to far away from me. 

• Like 1

Exactly. This is why I want teleports to have more limitations! I loved the game when the teleports had a four hour cool down. It wasn't a huge time sink, but you actually had to be somewhat tactical when you played. Now, the game takes all of that away.

I actually prefer the current outpost teleportation mechanics. It makes setting up port battle groups much easier because before, many players were not interested in a long sail to meet up at the rally point before. A four hour cool down would be counterproductive to most players who don't like OW sailing most of their play time. As long as you can't teleport cargoloads of goods from port to port, the outpost teleport system as it currently stands, is sufficient. As far as the game staying tactical, the larger nations could run all over smaller nations before, because smaller nations could not react fast enough to multiple pronged attacks by larger nations. I would rather display my tactical skills in battle than make a tactical teleport to defend a port and still loose a few other ports. More battles equals more sunk ships and a more vibrant economy.

Ha, give me a break. People are exiting the game and not coming back, not getting a cup of coffee. If people were taking quick breaks, people wouldn't be complaining about it. And yeah, I specifically stated in my post that I want teleportations to be cut down. Maybe before raving and ranting about two sentences, you actually read and process the post.

I have read your post and the numerous other whining posts from others. I'd suggest your problem probably falls under the learn to play category and you might want to improve your own game skills at tagging and maybe try engaging in something closer to a fair fight if you are not getting enough action. Of course, this is going to upset you because you will feel it is a direct assault upon your ego and that all of your shortcomings in game must be due to the faulty game mechanics and not anything you are doing wrong. I gave a pretty damn thorough break down and explanation in my above post and you come back with that? I have almost 3,000 hours played in this game with none of it AFK fishing and I can tell you right now I have almost zero problems successfully engaging and sinking enemy players....every...single ....day. Maybe instead of blaming the game mechanics for your problems I might suggest taking some time to improve what you are doing.