Game-Labs Forum

A Question to Devs

The Willem Rex, model from the rijkmuseum, 1696 72 gun Sol could be a good candidat. Same time frame as the ingermanland roughly, and could be set in-game as a slightly lighter alternative to the 3rd rate.

... And this ship looks more modern than the old 1670 Dutch warship, while keeping the outragely gorgeous Stern from Dutch building.

But I do not know if plans exists.

I would say the period depicted in game is roughly between war of us independence and napoléonic wars regarding ships and flag chosen.... So this ship would still be an antiquity for the time frame.

Edited by Sire Trinkof

age doesnt mean that much some hull shapes were used almost 100 years and to victorys lines 60years later another row of 1st'ys were build

a rumor might not allways be true but there might by a tiny bit of truth about a dutch ship in the works

• Like 1

The Willem Rex, model from the rijkmuseum, 1696 72 gun Sol could be a good candidat. Same time frame as the ingermanland roughly, and could be set in-game as a slightly lighter alternative to the 3rd rate.

... And this ship looks more modern than the old 1670 Dutch warship, while keeping the outragely gorgeous Stern from Dutch building.

But I do not know if plans exists.

I would say the period depicted in game is roughly between war of us independence and napoléonic wars regarding ships and flag chosen.... So this ship would still be an antiquity for the time frame.

Willem rex is a fantasy model, its not based on a specific existing ship, it was made for impression sake to be displayed in the admirality chamber of i think zeeland.

Plans therefore dont exist.

Regarding the 1694 zeven provincien, plans are not know by archives except one modelwebsite claims to have them..

Willem rex is a fantasy model, its not based on a specific existing ship, it was made for impression sake to be displayed in the admirality chamber of i think zeeland.

Plans therefore dont exist.

Regarding the 1694 zeven provincien, plans are not know by archives except one modelwebsite claims to have them..

Thanks for enlighting me on this! Did not knew it was fantasy.... The model is still fantastic :)

Again i must stress that the william rex was not based on any ahip, but just to represent the current form/build of warships at the time.

In hindsight we can deduct: the admirality of zeeland only build 2 74's during the period 1680-1710, both in 1692.

The names are 'Walcheren' and 'Eerste Edele'.

Now you can find some visual representation of either of those ships, and compare that to the model of william rex.they most likely have similar appearances.

While I do agree that every nation should have their national ships in the game from that time period 1650-1810 was it, arent there more important things the dev's should be concentrating on then adding some eye candy?

I bet in due time they will add all sorts of ships to this beautiful game but let them concentrate on making it better or polishing up some of the stuff they already made for it

While I do agree that every nation should have their national ships in the game from that time period 1650-1810 was it, arent there more important things the dev's should be concentrating on then adding some eye candy?

I bet in due time they will add all sorts of ships to this beautiful game but let them concentrate on making it better or polishing up some of the stuff they already made for it

Well then you don't get the point of this post Dutch ships has been promised a long time ago and even in the player polls they came very high. For a lot of nation there is teasing Wapen von Hamburg Christian 7 Bucentaure, Santa Celilia, Hermoine and a few other but yet no Dutch ship at all. the only thing they talked about was the VOC ship Amsterdam (Replica at Dutch National maritime museum/Scheepsvaartmuseum).

• Like 2

Well what i hope is that the Developers have noticed this and will make a teaser or something for a Dutch ship al be it an Fisher man but it cannot be that one of the most Economecial and in lesser degree military wise the Vereenigde Provinciën has nothing to show for before release or earlier.

I had an interesting talk today with someone regarding the ships which portray dutch shipbuilding whilst being in the timeline as well.

We both kinda agreed that the Provincie van Utrecht, 1729, carrying somewhere between 62 and 68 guns, depending on the forecastle complement, would be suited very well.

Nice decorations, not too ancient looking:

bBKs1Dw.png

• Like 3

Not the best example of dutch shipbuilding as the Amsterdam navy dockyard employed two british shipwrights in the 1720s and 1730s. The Provincie van Utrecht essentially is a british Establishment ship of the line.

Not the best example of dutch shipbuilding as the Amsterdam navy dockyard employed two british shipwrights in the 1720s and 1730s. The Provincie van Utrecht essentially is a british Establishment ship of the line.

You are completely right in that aspect, i was aiming more at ships belonging to the dutch navy than actually being build by dutch shipwrights.

The 18th century is filled with English and other shipwrights coming to the Netherlands to either assist or lead the build. Thomas Davis, Charles bentham amongst others.

Since the 17th century is off-limits anyways i have accepted the fact that the most characteristic dutch ships will not be represented. And therefore the Dutch 'famous' dutch shipwrights

To name a succesfull family (IIRC):

Jan Solomonszoon van den Tempel build the 1632 46- Aemilia (dutch flagship), 1644 Brederode (dutch flagship), 1653 Eendracht (dutch flagship)

Solomon janszoon build the 1664 Zeven Provincien (dutch flagship), the most famous ship in our maritime history.

A later member of the family would build the 1781 Wassenaer, of which i found the the lines whilst writing this comment:

0e8736185fd2da5f25b88da11b96f929.png

4642a230e2bea066f1a3aaeaf2ab0867.jpg

4a55f005d7830c3e3558c5bb8664805d.png

• Like 1

please keep the talking about dutch ships in the shipyard otherwise the plans get lost in the 20+ page and never be found again.

I wouldnt worry too much about that considering steel has the majority of ship plans posted in his pinned topic

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...