Game-Labs Forum

The Price of Tobacco Farming Doesn't Make Sense

As things are currently priced, tobacco farming produces tabacco at 500 gold per unit and requires expending labor hours whereas just purchasing the same unit at "retail" is 500 gold without any labor required.

To support farming, either the cost of production needs to decrease or the retail price needs to increase.

• Like 2

As things are currently priced, tobacco farming produces tabacco at 500 gold per unit and requires expending labor hours whereas just purchasing the same unit at "retail" is 500 gold without any labor required.

To support farming, either the cost of production needs to decrease or the retail price needs to increase.

Right now the role of NPC producers is completely broken. First we need to establish their role and function, then we can start figuring out how to fix them.

To give a premature shot, both options are bad. Decreasing production cost gives the producer access to a NPC cash cow, same goes for increasing retail.

We really want player crafters demanding these resources, instead of milking the NPC market.

• Like 1

Tweaking with the model without have any clear goals just leads to new trouble.

The price futures of Gold and Silver collapsed 10 seconds after the first Sealed Bottle was opened.

Mid Grade Notes soon fell as well. (I don't keep track of High Grade Notes, I'm not level 50 nor do I sail SOLs much. :P )

The NPC traders & Sealed Bottle mechanics should not be able to dictate the market, that is the problem.

But we need to tweak this in small steps, because otherwise we will keep breaking the markets.

So first http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14980-compassfish-market-crashes-where-is-the-market-maker/

Paying double teh NPC buy price to produce it is silly.....

I produce at $525/p and sell at $750/p. Given the weight of 0.50 lbs, it means a fully loaded LGV does $2M+ profit.

With the model I outlined at Tobbies it just shares that profit equally around for everybody who partakes in Tobbies enterprise. (Except for the 5% taxation... that goes nowhere.)